hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Dedicated Crazy Zone (FF lower)

There was a movement a while back to investigate the possibility of turning the FF (esp lower) into bam central, or a traditional 'end' where the more vociferous fans could gather to let of steam - an anything goes spot dedicated to the more unreconstructed in our midst. The precious ponces who objected to anything could be directed to other parts of the ground, while the abusive echibitionists could be told to ply their trade in the FF lower.

I thought United's home lower end at Tannadice looked decent with all the flags, and it acted as a focal point for fans who want to sing and shout to gather.

Such an arrangement at ER could work to galvanize supporters in other parts of the ground too.

I believe the club agreed to investigate the possibility of this. Did anything come of it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nothing. After a half dozen attempts to contact the Club and meet with representatives we're no further forward.

Disappointing, plans for the next ST campaign will be starting shortly so it looks like another season of being stuck at the front of the East or us trying to do something purselves and group together elsewhere, unofficially. The latter is now probable.

Suppose it might be a little difficult advertising STs for unreconstructed abusers although it would probably be another UK if not world first for Hibernian FC.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    This was brought up during the AGM. Leanne was quite clear when she said it was not something they were remotely thinking about at the moment.

Promotion first, then if there is appetite for it I'm sure hibs will consider it in due course.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was brought up during the AGM. Leanne was quite clear when she said it was not something they were remotely thinking about at the moment.

Promotion first, then if there is appetite for it I'm sure hibs will consider it in due course.
    So disappointing to hear that this isn't on the board's agenda.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    So disappointing to hear that this isn't on the board's agenda.
    Costs money, do you want Hibs to invest in this just now or the team?

Unfortunately Leanne's PR isn't always the best, and maybe she should explain to the group why we can't do it at this stage

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not seeing the correlation between selling season tickets in a singing section and costing money.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    I'm not seeing the correlation between selling season tickets in a singing section and costing money.
    Think if you want a standing section, which I think some do, would require money to take the seats away

With all due respect, was there ever a real urge or significant interest in this? For it to even be considered,my opinion would be that the club would need assurances that we'd be shifting at least 1000 ST's in the lower FF to begin even considering this as an option

We can't just move people from an area because a few folk have said they wanted to move. Again I don't know numbers so apologies if this has actually been done and concrete numbers handed to the club.

From next season, why not shift down towards the FF end of the East? Or is it more important to be towards the away fans to shout abuse?

Personally I'd love a signing section behind the goals,much like man utd/Liverpool and Dortmund currently have but there's no point half arsing it cause a few folk fancy it! The FF has been known as the family stand in all my days supporting hibs so would be a big change imo

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think if you want a standing section, which I think some do, would require money to take the seats away
    I'm sure some do want a safe standing area, I'd more than settle for a half decent atmosphere.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Costs money, do you want Hibs to invest in this just now or the team?

Unfortunately Leanne's PR isn't always the best, and maybe she should explain to the group why we can't do it at this stage
    Leanne's PR isn't always the best. Are you for real ? Leanne's PR is first class . Also as a pensioner I am very happy to SIT in the FF Lower

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    With all due respect, was there ever a real urge or significant interest in this? For it to even be considered,my opinion would be that the club would need assurances that we'd be shifting at least 1000 ST's in the lower FF to begin even considering this as an option

We can't just move people from an area because a few folk have said they wanted to move. Again I don't know numbers so apologies if this has actually been done and concrete numbers handed to the club.

From next season, why not shift down towards the FF end of the East? Or is it more important to be towards the away fans to shout abuse?

Personally I'd love a signing section behind the goals,much like man utd/Liverpool and Dortmund currently have but there's no point half arsing it cause a few folk fancy it! The FF has been known as the family stand in all my days supporting hibs so would be a big change imo
    Yes. It's hard to find a week going by on this board without somebody complaining about the behavior of other supporters. Either too vocal and verbally abusive or too quiet and prawn sandwich.

Fact is that different supporters expect different things from the match day experience, and not enough thought is given to this. So they end up sitting next to people who annoy them. It's become institutionalized as a continual running sore.

What's wrong with giving people what they want? If I went in a family group, I wouldn't want to sit beside drunk guys acting out or young kids posturing, as in the old East. If I was there with a group of friends and we had a few drinks, I probably would.

We moan about lifestyle clashes on this board, and Lennon has (rightly) complained about the poor atmosphere at home games. It's not rocket science, and it wouldn't take the big deal of effort to re-designate the FF as the traditional end, and a block of the East as the family area.

Disappointed to hear the club seem so reticent to look at doing something with the FF lower.

To be honest I'm fed up beating my gums about it, but if folk are so dead set against it perhaps they could come up with some ideas of how to improve the atmosphere ..... how about some signs around the stadium with 'ITS OK TO MAKE A NOISE, THIS IS A FOOTBALL GROUND NOT A LIBRARY' written on them.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Yes. It's hard to find a week going by on this board without somebody complaining about the behavior of other supporters. Either too vocal and verbally abusive or too quiet and prawn sandwich.

Fact is that different supporters expect different things from the match day experience, and not enough thought is given to this. So they end up sitting next to people who annoy them. It's become institutionalized as a continual running sore.

What's wrong with giving people what they want? If I went in a family group, I wouldn't want to sit beside drunk guys acting out or young kids posturing, as in the old East. If I was there with a group of friends and we had a few drinks, I probably would.

We moan about lifestyle clashes on this board, and Lennon has (rightly) complained about the poor atmosphere at home games. It's not rocket science, and it wouldn't take the big deal of effort to re-designate the FF as the traditional end, and a block of the East as the family area.
    West Bob, west. The East should always be a free for all.

Otherwise 100% agree.

I remember asking Leeann if she was impressed with our vocal support at the PBS and she said she was. I suggested doing something with the FF which I never heard about again after emailing her on the subject. We have the people who want to sing and back the team as our away support has shown, but it seems no one is interested in bringing them together in one place and bringing much needed atmosphere to ER.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    I remember asking Leeann if she was impressed with our vocal support at the PBS and she said she was. I suggested doing something with the FF which I never heard about again after emailing her on the subject. We have the people who want to sing and back the team as our away support has shown, but it seems no one is interested in bringing them together in one place and bringing much needed atmosphere to ER.

Crazy that the club isn't even thinking about it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

Is safe standing and relocating the 'singing section' to the FF not two different things? It is possible to relocate without investing in safe standing.

Which of the two did Dempster dismiss at the AGM?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Safe standing is the way forward for that end of the ground

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Is safe standing and relocating the 'singing section' to the FF not two different things? It is possible to relocate without investing in safe standing.

Which of the two did Dempster dismiss at the AGM?
    I guess so yeah. She dismissed safe standing (unless I'm mistaken). So I guess there could still be a relocation project underway. I'm surprised there is that much demand for it?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I think this would be great. We could do with a focal point for the singers to gather and I think having a standing area would galvanise those of that persuasion to get on board. At the moment though the FF is seen as a family stand so it would take a bit of a re-think on the part of the club to get it going. This is something that should be taken up with the supporter-board members is it not?!?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Are the rail seats not quite expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    With all due respect, was there ever a real urge or significant interest in this?
    Over 90% in a poll of over 150 Hibs net users were in support of rail seats in a new safe standing area. Who obviously aren't representative of every Hibs fan but it gives an idea at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Are the rail seats not quite expensive?
    http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe...ions-for-fans/

Its hard to be exact, depending on the size of the area, but five figures not six for the seats according to the manufacturers. I never found a figure for installation. If we were selling out every week we would recoup this quickly in increased income (even if the prices were cut you can still fit more rail seats into an area than traditional seats) but of course we dont sell out every week, so Hibs would have to make an initial loss on the works. Which explains Leeanns tetchiness. Of course, that doesn't factor in a possible increased attendance due to families being able to congregate happily and radges able to congregate happily without the two spoiling each others Saturday afternoons. It could quite easily result in a happier fan base and more income in the long run.

The whole 'we need to spend every penny on the team' argument just smacks of a lack of vision IMO. Were unlikely to miss out on a promotion guaranteeing player because we're unwilling to invest in a few small stadium improvements.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 13-12-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Disappointed the club won't even look at this.

It's pretty obvious to most fans that it's something that would improve the atmosphere. Strange decision by the club not to even meet with the fans group to discuss (even if it's to explain the reasoning why not).

Any chance one of the fan reps could ask the question and report back on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Disappointed the club won't even look at this.

It's pretty obvious to most fans that it's something that would improve the atmosphere. Strange decision by the club not to even meet with the fans group to discuss (even if it's to explain the reasoning why not).

Any chance one of the fan reps could ask the question and report back on here?
    Surely the club has discussed this with the fans over the past few years at the various working groups? (I forget what they are called)
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Surely the club has discussed this with the fans over the past few years at the various working groups? (I forget what they are called)
    Possibly. If they have though I haven't seen it widely reported hence it's continually discussed on here.

Its also odd they agreed to meet with the fans group currently at the front of the East to discuss it but then never took it further or responded to their messages.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 13-12-2016 at 06:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post

Section 43 of the East was advertised as the singing section.
    For a while it was. However when "Section 43 the singers/drummer" went to the front to get away from the wee plonkers who were setting off smoke bombs they took away the focal point for singing to catch on from the majority of fans at the back and middle of the section.
    I sit in row r in section 43 and am dismayed at how few now join in most of the songs/chants but to be fair to the "Section 43 group/Since 1875 group" they do their best with little help from those around.
    I personally don't think moving to FF Lower is a good idea that will magically have 2000 plus singers when there are only 50-60 on a good day.
    Everyone who wants to sing could already be in S43, the singing section

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Section 43 of the East was advertised as the singing section.
    For a while it was. However when "Section 43 the singers/drummer" went to the front to get away from the wee plonkers who were setting off smoke bombs they took away the focal point for singing to catch on from the majority of fans at the back and middle of the section.
    I sit in row r in section 43 and am dismayed at how few now join in most of the songs/chants but to be fair to the "Section 43 group/Since 1875 group" they do their best with little help from those around.
    I personally don't think moving to FF Lower is a good idea that will magically have 2000 plus singers when there are only 50-60 on a good day.
    Everyone who wants to sing could already be in S43, the singing section
    The problem is about half of the folk in sect 43 don't really want to sing or even stand. My season ticket is in row x and we have people behind us who insist on sitting down and it's the same further down the stand. You are not going to create a great atmosphere when half the fans want to sit down which then means others have to do likewise.

I'd be curious as to how many people are actually not attending games because of the current ground set up, whether that be those wanting a 'free for all' area or families put off by current behaviour. Given we are attracting better crowds than at any other time in my lifetime, in the 2nd tier as well, I'm going to guess the answer is not many.

This seems an obsessive issue for some. Personally I'd like to stand and failing that I'd have no objection to a dedicated area for a singing section in the FF lower. However I can't help think that amongst the whole support it's very much a minority issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'd be curious as to how many people are actually not attending games because of the current ground set up, whether that be those wanting a 'free for all' area or families put off by current behaviour. Given we are attracting better crowds than at any other time in my lifetime, in the 2nd tier as well, I'm going to guess the answer is not many.

This seems an obsessive issue for some. Personally I'd like to stand and failing that I'd have no objection to a dedicated area for a singing section in the FF lower. However I can't help think that amongst the whole support it's very much a minority issue.
    The attendances are up because of the Glorious Scottish Cup Final Win 2016. Almost 14k against Dumbarton was 8k IIRC last season cant really be down to anything else. Its certainly not indicative of an improved 'matchday experience'(apologies) because that side of things is still as you were. (Some say the pies have improved, I'm not so sure).

Its certainly a 'minority issue' for me compared to having a winning team, but its not an either/or, is it?