hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Scottish Cup Final arrests

Saturday's 'Evening' News reported that four further arrests mean that the total number arrested is now 114. Surely they'll stop now.......

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saturday's 'Evening' News reported that four further arrests mean that the total number arrested is now 114. Surely they'll stop now.......
    Nice number to stop at

@hibs.net private member
    But only 2 arrests for sexual abuse in football. The police should call off their witch hunt and put the resources into catching the abusers

One of the latest arrested is female.Wonder from which side.

Keep looking for the driver of the number 11 bus that took me into the waverley to get the train that day as they have published everybody else's remotely involved that day surely there is a statute of limitations on this by now ,

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Any Bonnyrigg fans arrested for invading the Dumbarton pitch after their Cup win ?

No, none, there's a surprise !

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    But only 2 arrests for sexual abuse in football. The police should call off their witch hunt and put the resources into catching the abusers
    This says it all. What an unbalanced world we live in.

That's not bad when you think about it, that's 1per year since we won the cup 🇳🇬🇳🇬😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    One of the latest arrested is female.Wonder from which side.
    "West of Scotland" FC would be my bet

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    Keep looking for the driver of the number 11 bus that took me into the waverley to get the train that day as they have published everybody else's remotely involved that day surely there is a statute of limitations on this by now ,
    You should have paid your fare then!

I wonder if pressure is put on the police to keep this going. We ought to start to put some pressure on to have this stopped. Is anyone happy to have their tax money spent on this? Is there any need? True the law has been broken but does it serve the public to keep spending what must a vast amount of money on this issue when there are more pressing matters in football and society? Time to end this, time for Hibs supporters to act.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Low hanging fruit. Lazy *******s !

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    I wonder if pressure is put on the police to keep this going. We ought to start to put some pressure on to have this stopped. Is anyone happy to have their tax money spent on this? Is there any need? True the law has been broken but does it serve the public to keep spending what must a vast amount of money on this issue when there are more pressing matters in football and society? Time to end this, time for Hibs supporters to act.
    I do agree or they'll be at my door in about 5 years

Most folk did not break the law as its not a criminal offence in Scotland to simply enter the field of play (despite what some people on here were saying at the time). It is against the law in England and it was a recommendation of the report to also implement this in Scotland to discourage such things happening in the future.

If you were simply on the pitch you have nothing to worry about.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    No pressure, just easy overtime and an obligation to the lodge to catch as many hibbies as possible so there's more of us than them

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    They'll go after those who were watching it on the tele next.

I know one who was on the 'most wanted' list, who has now been cleared by the procurator fiscal without having to make the dreaded journey to the weej to get charged. Maybe, just maybe, they are now starting to realise how much of an arse they have made of the whole situation. Embarrassing how much time, money and resource has gone into it. It's also a huge coverup for the fact they made an arse of it and sent a whole load of officers to Ibrox for the parade.

This has maybe been debated before but how many people do we think were actually scrapping on the pitch? From what I remember there was a fair bit of posturing but was there as many as 114 people trading punches? I was a bit preoccupied with having just won the cup at the time.

think one main problem though, is that the original HQ of the Scottish Police investigation on this was in Helen St. Glasgow if I'm correct? wish they were catchin' Pikeys , house breakers, muggers or fly tippers instead of fans who were over exuberant, on a particular day in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    think one main problem though, is that the original HQ of the Scottish Police investigation on this was in Helen St. Glasgow if I'm correct? wish they were catchin' Pikeys , house breakers, muggers or fly tippers instead of fans who were over exuberant, on a particular day in their lives.
    Govan police station is where the investigation is taking place.

Would be interested to know from the 100 odd they have arrested, how many have actually been charged with anything.

Also, from those charged what is the split of rangers fans to Hibs?! I suspect we'll never get to know this. Because there was clearly significantly more Hibby's on the pitch but I suspect there have been much more Rangers fans charged for wrong doing.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Govan police station is where the investigation is taking place.
    Helen street is in govan, that's where the buses used to park. 😉

It's a total nonsense now.

A guy I know was arrested, charged, fined and given a years banning order within 2 weeks of the final. He accepted he'd done wrong, pleaded guilty and is looking forward to his ban being up.

I would really like to know what people are being arrested for now. It seems unbelievable it can be possible that people are still being identified as having broken the law the best part of 7 months later. There's obviously pressure being applied from somewhere to keep this dragging on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's a total nonsense now.

A guy I know was arrested, charged, fined and given a years banning order within 2 weeks of the final. He accepted he'd done wrong, pleaded guilty and is looking forward to his ban being up.

I would really like to know what people are being arrested for now. It seems unbelievable it can be possible that people are still being identified as having broken the law the best part of 7 months later. There's obviously pressure being applied from somewhere to keep this dragging on.
    In the immortal words of Corporal Jones, "They..."

The Crime of the Century it would appear. At the joke stage now.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Police Glasgow probably have instructions to nip the emerging threat of new levels of extreme soccer violence in the bud.

We've not seen the likes of West of Scotland FC and Scottish Cup Supporters before and when you look at some of the members of these groups that have been arrested you can understand the desire of Police Glasgow to hunt these new and vicious thugs down.

Our thanks should surely go to the investigative journalists at the Daily Record who first identified and exposed these groups to us, I certainly wasn't aware of them until the Record outed them when Police Glasgow started having to arrest non Hibs fans after the real violence started when we beat the the rangers in their first ever Scottish Cup final.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

How many Motherwell fans were arrested or had their faces published in national newspapers when they invaded the pitch and were goading Sevco fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    How many Motherwell fans were arrested or had their faces published in national newspapers when they invaded the pitch and were goading Sevco fans?
    Not even that. There was a full scale battle at the train station after the game which to my knowledge has never been reported.

(source is a Motherwell fan who was involved and known by name by the police yet was never arrested despite the police knowing and seeing him being involved).

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Police Glasgow probably have instructions to nip the emerging threat of new levels of extreme soccer violence in the bud.

We've not seen the likes of West of Scotland FC and Scottish Cup Supporters before and when you look at some of the members of these groups that have been arrested you can understand the desire of Police Glasgow to hunt these new and vicious thugs down.

Our thanks should surely go to the investigative journalists at the Daily Record who first identified and exposed these groups to us, I certainly wasn't aware of them until the Record outed them when Police Glasgow started having to arrest non Hibs fans after the real violence started when we beat the the rangers in their first ever Scottish Cup final.

What's Soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    What's Soccer?
    A sport which is doing better than our Scottish Football run by clowns.

I believe that Helen St police station in Glasgow (where the investigations are underway) is now pushing the Scottish Government to recognise "being drunk in charge of a Hibs Scarf" as a legitimate offence under law.

Incidentally, Helen St police station is the nearest station to Ibrox, a mere 10 minutes walk. Which I'm sure is just a coincidence...