hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian graham

Brian graham

When the big man gets a chance in the team.

He scores goals.

Prefer him a lot more than holt

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When the big man gets a chance in the team.

He scores goals.

Prefer him a lot more than holt
    I thought he was terrible until his goal. Struggles to control the ball and he had an excellent chance first half that he should have hit first time. Seemed to get caught offside an awful lot.

Fair play though if he keeps scoring, cracking goal.
    Last edited by FitbaFolkKen; 10-12-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Holt probably edges it for hold up play but this team is really lacking in goal threat- therefore Graham HAS to play. He'll score plenty goals at this level - no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by #Persevere View Post
    I thought he was terrible until his goal. Struggles to control the ball and he had an excellent chance first half that he should have hit first time and seemed to get caught offside an awful lot.

I never actually seen the game today tbh, just that he has scored so can't comment on his performance.

By previous outings tho I like how he is that bit more mobile and more of a aerial threat than holt

He was offside twice 10 minutes before he scored, how can he be offside when he's standing beside the last defenders, no striker should ever get caught offside like that, it was poor. Great ball from Gray for his goal though, which he took well and stayed onside.

I think he is often offside as he doesn't trust his pace so takes the gamble.

Sometimes it will pay off sometimes it won't

@hibs.net private member
    Wasn't his best game but he still scored. I am in the camp who believe that is the number one attribute for a striker. He did win more in the air than Holt usually does too. That goal will keep him comfortably on top of the minutes played to goal scored table and hopefully will see him retain his place.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Both him and Holt were not great signings as far as I'm concerned but he kept at it today despite a few poor touches and scored a good goal. He looks more of a goal threat than Holt and is better in the air so I'd keep him in.

I think he is a very poor footballer. OK, he has scored a few for Hibs but technically he is not the type of forward I like watching play. Sooner Keatings is fit the better.

Coaching Staff
    In my opinion that was a good result today. I am sure a lot of D. Utd supporters expected to be top of the league tonight, think how disappointed they & the D. Utd team must feel they have actually lost ground even after winning away from home. I don't for a minute think they will continue to win week in week out. Pressure is on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    In my opinion that was a good result today. I am sure a lot of D. Utd supporters expected to be top of the league tonight, think how disappointed they & the D. Utd team must feel they have actually lost ground even after winning away from home. I don't for a minute think they will continue to win week in week out. Pressure is on them.
    A 4th season in this division would be a complete disaster, the pressure is always going to be on us.

Five goals from four starts is decent in anyone's language.

I'm not sure he'll be good enough for when/if we get promoted but he'll do for me just now.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    He was terrible today but took his goal well.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    A 4th season in this division would be a complete disaster, the pressure is always going to be on us.
    One assumes your not in the skoosh camp.

Coaching Staff
    Didn't see the game today, and I know he scored but he hasn't impressed me with what I have seen of

Him.

Mind you, it could be argued that he doesn't have much competition.

Looks clumsy and awkward but has a good scoring record with Ross C and with us despite not really getting a chance so far . Took his goal well today and that was on his bad foot something we don`t often see from our strikers . If we go up we`ll surely sign better than him / Holt / Boyle /Keatings / 2016 Cummings but this season I`d expect Graham to be our top scorer if played regularly .

I think he'd have a better scoring record if he was getting balls crossed into the box regularly, but that ain't going to happen particularly from the left side unless somebody who can cross is brought in the January transfer window.

He won his fair share in the air and worked hard, he also took his goal very well, but before he scored he had a clear shooting opportunity from just inside the box and made a total Noel Hunt of it with a shot that would have embarrassed me.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Why on earth would Dundee Utd supporters expect to be top of the league today? Hibs were at home to part time Dumbarton who have only won three times this season and had been knocked out the Cup by Bonnyrigg Rose midweek!!!

Players only show their true colours when they are playing regularly and have match sharpness. I'm not sure I can judge Graham until he has a sustained run in the team.

Keatings was a bit part player last season and people were dismissing him but now he's had his chance he's shown what he's all about. Same with Boyle to an extent.

We can afford to rotate and not leave anyone on the bench for too long and I'm glad Graham and JC started.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    He is good enough to score goals at this level if he gets enough games. Looks like he is the replacement for Holt for the games when Holt doesn't play. For a player who is not a first choice, he has been ok.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He's scored more than Holt on much less game time. Deserves a start next week, would be highly unfair if he's dropped again for someone who has been largely ineffective apart from winning the odd foul by using his large body frame.

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Football in it's simplest form :- put the ball in your opponents net more times than they do yours. I don't care how "lazy" your Jason Cummings is or how "poor a footballer" your Brian Grahams are. If they are scoring goals then they are welcome here for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one of the strikers that hasn't had a run of games. Probably deserves that now as his goal record for the time he's had on the pitch is pretty decent. Worth remembering he already had 6 goals for Ross County when he signed for us as well.

Don't think he's great but he'll do a good job in this league.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by #Persevere View Post
    I thought he was terrible until his goal. Struggles to control the ball and he had an excellent chance first half that he should have hit first time. Seemed to get caught offside an awful lot.

Not the way I seen it. He was given the ball in the first half in good positions with his back to goal but there was mostly always 3 Dumbarton men to the 1 hibee in that area. Nobody was taking the gamble and supporting him.

We managed this more in the 2nd half and that's why we controlled the game more. Getting higher up the pitch both in our off ball running and in our pressing.

He scores goals, would like to see him, Holt and Cummings all play at home.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Not the way I seen it. He was given the ball in the first half in good positions with his back to goal but there was mostly always 3 Dumbarton men to the 1 hibee in that area. Nobody was taking the gamble and supporting him.

We managed this more in the 2nd half and that's why we controlled the game more. Getting higher up the pitch both in our off ball running and in our pressing.
    Maybe the tactics played a part however he should have buried the chance Boyle put on a plate for him that he miscontrolled and the shot in the second half was wild to say the least. Fair play to him for keeping his head up as the reaction after the first chance was pretty negative from the stands.

He was one of our poorest performers up till the goal.

Has anyone seen it again by the way, it looked like it might have taken a deflection on the way in but I wasn't 100% sure?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    He was one of our poorest performers up till the goal.

Has anyone seen it again by the way, it looked like it might have taken a deflection on the way in but I wasn't 100% sure?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OafDYlCjUNs

Doesn't look like it from that angle

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post

Chance in first half was not as good as is being stated. I was right in line and he had a split second to react as he was closed down. The difference when Dylan is playing is that he passes quicker and we are in and around their box a lot more. A fit McGeoch is a must for us.