hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Wonderful signing if true. Let's not forget players of his standing can lift the standard of the rest of the players that alone would be great for the team.
    I still think another player will come in slso we cannot go into the next 2 months with this squad

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Can we all agree not to have a meltdown the first time he gets absolutely done for pace?

Game intelligence to unlock the opposition.

He was never super quick but as long as he still reads the game in the mind he will 100% add to the squad.

@hibs.net private member
    Emergency loan deal. He could be here for Morton game tomorrow.

Left by mutual consent!
    If Commons was offered to any club in Scotland except The Rangers they would well take him on. This is a terrific piece of business at least on paper and if I was manager I would well be trying to get him in.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Emergency loan deal. He could be here for Morton game tomorrow.

A good mate of the other G+W persuasion says he was told by Tosh McKinlay (??!!) that this is happening.

He (my mate, not TM) is gutted they're letting him go for what it's worth

Yes please Hibs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

A good mate of the other G+W persuasion says he was told by Tosh McKinlay (??!!) that this is happening.

He (my mate, not TM) is gutted they're letting him go for what it's worth
    They're discussing it over on Kerrydale Street. Some are glad to see him go, 'played well, paid well, see yah'.
    Some are a bit more appreciative of him : 'raved about him when he was at Forest....looked good at Derby...when he signed I told my mates he'd score plenty of goals...he was a good player etc....haven't changed my mind. Can't believe people are giving him stick without looking at the bigger picture...overall he was a great signing for us. His time is up clearly, but he has my good wishes and thanks.'
    Some think we're making a mistake : 'Of all the players to look for on emergency loan I think an idle Kris Commons might be the funniest.'

Think what you want of the guy, the main thing is that the deal is strongly on the cards.. If we get him, I hope he does a job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    If Commons was offered to any club in Scotland except The Rangers they would well take him on. This is a terrific piece of business at least on paper and if I was manager I would well be trying to get him in.
    Agreed, the boy is quality. Other teams in the Championship can only dream of picking up players like this.

Couple more Jan signings and the squad will be well placed for the promo run in. Looking forward to seeing Commons, McGinn and Fyvie at the heart of our midfield

Will suspend judgement till I see him play. Obviously I hope he's a huge success.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...loan-1-4319359

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Hope he doesn't start tomorrow, lacking in match fitness and we have Scott Martin believing he finally has a chance to prove himself. Abusing the emergency loan I think when we already have young and able midfielders to fill in the games till January comes. Happy to see Commons come in, just need to build up his fitness and start a reserves game so we can be sure he is ready for the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Hope he doesn't start tomorrow, lacking in match fitness and we have Scott Martin believing he finally has a chance to prove himself. Abusing the emergency loan I think when we already have young and able midfielders to fill in the games till January comes. Happy to see Commons come in, just need to build up his fitness and start a reserves game so we can be sure he is ready for the first team.
    We have to win. Nothing else matters.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Not abusing anything this is no time to pish about seeing if some young lad can do it or not. I will be amazed if another two signings don't come in January

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    The manager clearly doesn't think that the youngsters will cope in a pressure game in Greenock, if he signs on an emergency loan then I would assume that would be as cover for the injured 3 we have out. Even lacking match fitness he will still be able to chuck probing passes and bang a few shots in.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We have to win. Nothing else matters.

Agreed although I believe we have a better chance of winning the match with Scott Martin rather than Commons coming in the day before we play the match. Martin looked impressive during the opening Falkirk game and getting good reviews from the reserves so don't see why he shouldn't be starting.

Get Commons up and down the sand dunes at Gullane. Get him fit. We don't want some tubby old chap strolling about the midfield and getting a game because he's a pal of the manager.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Agreed although I believe we have a better chance of winning the match with Scott Martin rather than Commons coming in the day before we play the match. Martin looked impressive during the opening Falkirk game and getting good reviews from the reserves so don't see why he shouldn't be starting.
    Martin before a fit Commons? It's all about the 3 points mate.

Brilliant news.....hes a top class player that we could only dream about in years gone by

It's a dilemma. My preference would be Martin, for the reasons you state, but Commons needs game time if it isn't going to be a waste of time having him in. I'd be tempted start with him, then bring in Martin, possibly at HT because no way will he last 90 mins.

Coaching Staff
    Martin is no Commons even at say 50% !

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Get Commons up and down the sand dunes at Gullane. Get him fit. We don't want some tubby old chap strolling about the midfield and getting a game because he's a pal of the manager.
    Presume you are having a laugh?

I'd take him,reminds me of Griffiths but only slower

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Martin before a fit Commons? It's all about the 3 points mate.
    Why not both?

Only hibs fans would question us signing commons

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Martin is no Commons even at say 50% !
    He could be the next Messi but we won't know if we don't give him a damn chance! Tired of hearing that we shouldn't be playing these youngsters in "big" games. Jason was brought in during the Hamilton play-offs and scored a brace, almost keeping us up and is our most prolific scorer at the club right now. Dashing Bob said it best, give Martin the time to show what he has and give Commons 30 or 40 minutes to freshen himself up for the next weeks game.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    From a Celtic fan at work

Quote from twitter

“Commons saved our bacon morethan once in his time here. Problem was he then ate all that bacon later”
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

He could be the next Messi but we won't know if we don't give him a damn chance! Tired of hearing that we shouldn't be playing these youngsters in "big" games. Jason was brought in during the Hamilton play-offs and scored a brace, almost keeping us up and is our most prolific scorer at the club right now. Dashing Bob said it best, give Martin the time to show what he has and give Commons 30 or 40 minutes to freshen himself up for the next weeks game.
    Jason had about twenty games (and no goals) before the Hamilton play off.

If he was Messi, I'm sure it'd show in training.