hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The modern model that is Hearts

Was on Keekback and couldn't believe my eyes!
    If racking up a £30 million debt and starting a fresh, having let down some many businesses, people and charities is their Model to be proud of, I'm gob smacked!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiolex1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If racking up a £30 million debt and starting a fresh, having let down some many businesses, people and charities is their Model to be proud of, I'm gob smacked!!
    It's common practice in business to do this. Whether it is right or wrong or even immoral is another question. Hearts aren't the first club to do this and they won't be the last.

Majority of these flumps don't see anything wrong with what past boards did in fact take pride in doing so. However there are a few of them now calling us cheeturz because of our Legal restructuring of debt, how do these assholes even breathe the same air as us????

First Team Breakthrough Sauzee07's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibz
    Why are any Hibs fans looking at Kickback? I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Not bothered one bit about Hearts' financial status, or what they consider or don't consider a good business model. All I care about is beating them when we go back up.

Does anybody except Hibs fans care about Hertz financial shenanigans ? You would think the media would have been all over it like a rash.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiolex1 View Post
    You're letting them off light mate, it was nearer £70M
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Testimonial Due
    Some folk really need to move on from this, what's done is done.

Aye they "got away with it"..... That's life, not a lot to be done about it now. I'm afraid reminding them ad infimum about it just makes them laugh at how "they got away with it".

Worry about Hibs and getting back where we belong & **** hearts, I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by HibbySpurs; 07-12-2016 at 12:28 PM.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Us winning the Cup is enough to cause them deep pain. No point looking back at their debt situation and point scoring. It's all good now 👍

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Does anybody except Hibs fans care about Hertz financial shenanigans ? You would think the media would have been all over it like a rash.
    You're right and I've often thought why the press never done an expose on Hearts or Romanov, then I realised - no-one outside of Edinburgh gives a flying **** about Hearts!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    There was a pretty good BBC documentary in the early days about Romanov's dealings in Europe.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    There was a pretty good BBC documentary in the early days about Romanov's dealings in Europe.

Yeah, but fatty Foulkes said he had met Mr Romanov and that he was an honest businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee07 View Post
    Yer joking mate, some of the utter nonsense spouted on there is comedy gold and really shouldn't be missed, the new stand thread is especially productive. But on most subjects it doesn't take long for them to descend into delusional fantasies about the place their club holds in the football firmament.

I get why some folk look upon delving into sickbag as something akin to sacrilege, but from my point of view I think life is too short and far too serious to deny myself a good laugh from time to time.

On a serious note, the biggest annoyance about the current incarnation of Hertz is their holier than thou attitude, from engineering a sponsorship deal with 'Save the children' to the living wage policy which they trumpeted from the roof tops .... they are a bit like a sanctimonious non smoker who waves a hand in front of your face when you light up, forgetting the years they spent on 60 a day.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 07-12-2016 at 02:31 PM.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    The only time I go on Kickback is to look at the 2016 Scottish Cup Final thread. It's one of the best things on the internet.

The modern model lol. The fan owned club that is owned by one fan hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee07 View Post
    Like reading their deluded comments, nothing more, nothing less

Testimonial Due
    Sorry, but when Leeanne came in was there not a quote about a new Hibernian model to make us more fans friendly and some sort of fans ownership???
    Its nothing new when someone new comes in and redresses issues that they feel are warranted!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    You're letting them off light mate, it was nearer £70M
    Actually when you take into account the numerous 'Debt for equity' deals, their 30+ years of playing the 'Big team' the total amount is just over £100m - an absolute snip for 2 cups !

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Actually when you take into account the numerous 'Debt for equity' deals, their 30+ years of playing the 'Big team' the total amount is just over £100m - an absolute snip for 2 cups !
    And there's the smell that hopefully won't be allowed to go away, however much eau de budge they attempt to spray over it.

Not just a case of bumping a few businesses and large pension funds which odious little individuals who lurk around the fringe of yam celebrity seem okay with. The whiff of bumping their own charities, the battalion trust and Lady Haigs' poppy fund is one that should linger long as a reminder to others.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Well it worked for them

The media don't really care, other clubs don't really care....they got an easy time of it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Well it worked for them

The media don't really care, other clubs don't really care....they got an easy time of it.
    They certainly did. As someone said, £100 million overspent and wiped out through debt for equity swaps, administration etc and it's pretty much all been forgotten about.

Well it worked for them

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    They certainly did. As someone said, £100 million overspent and wiped out through debt for equity swaps, administration etc and it's pretty much all been forgotten about.

Well it worked for them

Most other clubs don't mention it because they have either been there or are a bawhair away from being there.

The media can't make too much noise because they'd have to crucify Rangers and Murray/Whyte/Green.

It's up to Hibs.net to remind them at every opportunity, or at least every November when they trumpet about their needle-sharp memorys.

I'm pretty sure we would never have gotten away with anything like they did, I always say that they and the zombies are protected by political and masonic (especially) organizations, perhaps a lot of folk on here don't want to think that but consider this, would we or any other teams in the Scottish leagues gotten away with that? I think not.

An utterly disgusting arrogant football club, never let them forget.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we would never have gotten away with anything like they did, I always say that they and the zombies are protected by political and masonic (especially) organizations, perhaps a lot of folk on here don't want to think that but consider this, would we or any other teams in the Scottish leagues gotten away with that? I think not.

TBF I think we would have. The Lithuanians bottled it. They took their poxy 2 million and ran. They could have got so much more. If this was a British company the debt was owed too, Hertz would be out the box, simple as that.

Well it worked for them

I would question whether it has, or at least will, in the long run. The overspending created an unrealistic culture of expectation within their fanbase, which makes if difficult for them to achieve and sustain the level of success required to make their business model operate. Once fans start to cancel debits (this might also arise through a general economic downturn; low growth, inflation/stagnation, Brexit impact etc) it's highly that they could go into a cycle of decline.

When Budge leaves and FOH are left holding the baby, things may get perilous for them. Putting alcoholics in charge of the wine cellar is never a good idea.

Action and reaction tend to be equal and opposite. The overspending lasted 30 years, and shaped the mentality of a generation of Hearts supporters, and only grew chronic under Romanov. I believe the ramifications of it might last as long. We can do our bit by getting promotion and continuing our derby ascendancy.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post

Agree. Maybe what we're missing recently is a well done pre and post administration hearts thread?

**** them I say, to get away with it all that is required is everybody else to forget what went before.

Lest they forget, much as they'd like to.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I would question whether it has, or at least will, in the long run. The overspending created an unrealistic culture of expectation within their fanbase, which makes if difficult for them to achieve and sustain the level of success required to make their business model operate. Once fans start to cancel debits (this might also arise through a general economic downturn; low growth, inflation/stagnation, Brexit impact etc) it's highly that they could go into a cycle of decline.

When Budge leaves and FOH are left holding the baby, things may get perilous for them. Putting alcoholics in charge of the wine cellar is never a good idea.

Action and reaction tend to be equal and opposite. The overspending lasted 30 years, and shaped the mentality of a generation of Hearts supporters, and only grew chronic under Romanov. I believe the ramifications of it might last as long. We can do our bit by getting promotion and continuing our derby ascendancy.
    Budge won't leave.She is getting her feet under the table with various committees and likes the glamour of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Budge won't leave.She is getting her feet under the table with various committees and likes the glamour of it all.
    She's the one fan in the fan ownership model that the rest of the yam media droll over as being a fan ownership model, and she's getting an inflation beating 6.5% return on her investment secured against an asset she knows they'll not default on for fear of losing it. We're all just bitter hobos because she got her cash in first.

Sir Matt Busby

I'm quite happy to move on and accept that Hearts 'got away with it'...

...as soon as Hearts, and their Media pals stop portraying them as the perfect example of a fiscally prudent football club and an example to all in good management, youth development and a whole load of other stuff that other clubs have already been doing for years, but without dumping 30+ million of debt first.