hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar

Cummings to start on Saturday?

Having waited patiently on the bench for several weeks now and with Boyle's dismal performance at Tannadice, will Jason start on Saturday? Ought he? Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I hope so.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having waited patiently on the bench for several weeks now and with Boyle's dismal performance at Tannadice, will Jason start on Saturday? Ought he? Thoughts?
    He should. As much as I like Boyle he was brutal on Friday and Cummings now deserves a chance to reclaim a starting place. Not that our top scorer by a mile should have been out of the team in the first place IMO.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    He should. As much as I like Boyle he was brutal on Friday and Cummings now deserves a chance to reclaim a starting place. Not that our top scorer by a mile should have been out of the team in the first place IMO.
    Cummings, Boyle and Graham should all start on Saturday, let's ditch this 3 at the back, and a holding midfielder against Dumbarton at home

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Absolute no brainer. Ridiculous if he's still sitting on the bench

This is the ridiculous thing

Boyle has been fantastic the past 5/6 games, scoring 4 goals. Now one bad performance they want him dropped for Cummings?

I have been desperate for Cummings to start again too.

But, imo Holt should her dropped before anyone

For me its horses for courses.

Jase should have started against Dundee Utd.

I like Boyle and he'll run through walls for you but he has limited ability. For me, he's better suited to games against Morton, St Mirren, Dumbarton.

Because he had a poor game against Dundee Utd, Boyle will return to bench and Jase will come in.

I'd even chuck Graham in for Holt.

It's Dumbarton and they are minging. We should be routing them good and proper!

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Boyle needs to start, it's his first bad game although he still gave 100% and caused them problems.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

As I have stated on here before regarding Jc weight problem and not turning up to a charity golf event hosted by the club for charity. Lennon has rightly punished him for this. Boyle should still start though offers far more

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think Cummings should come back in now. I think Cummings would have been back in the side had it not been for the fact that Keatings, then Boyle, took their chance when giving the opportunity.

Cummings had to see that there was genuine competition for places, I think he was complacent about his place in the team and that he didn't need to work as hard as everyone else as a result.

Being dropped, then seeing that it's not just a token gesture but part of being in a squad. Boyle and Keatings both made it impossible for Lennon to drop them, but I think that Boyle's last two performances haven't been that good (maybe harsh for the game before last, he got a goal but missed some really clear chances). For Lennon to retain credibility with Cummings, he needs to put him back in now and show that if you're not playing well, someone else gets their chance.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    As I have stated on here before regarding Jc weight problem and not turning up to a charity golf event hosted by the club for charity. Lennon has rightly punished him for this. Boyle should still start though offers far more
    He's paid to put the ball into the net no the ****ing hole

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStokeprano View Post
    Footballers are paid not just for playing football but also representing their clubs on and off the field with charity outings and other events. You may not care yourself but when a player fails to carry out these duties it can leave a sour taste for folk who maybe wanted a pic or autograph as well as pissing off whoever organised it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStokeprano View Post
    Indeed. He is the best striker at the club and people think it's ok that we is sitting on the bench? Seems ridiculous to me but then I dont play Football Manager.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think Cummings should come back in now. I think Cummings would have been back in the side had it not been for the fact that Keatings, then Boyle, took their chance when giving the opportunity.

Cummings had to see that there was genuine competition for places, I think he was complacent about his place in the team and that he didn't need to work as hard as everyone else as a result.

Being dropped, then seeing that it's not just a token gesture but part of being in a squad. Boyle and Keatings both made it impossible for Lennon to drop them, but I think that Boyle's last two performances haven't been that good (maybe harsh for the game before last, he got a goal but missed some really clear chances). For Lennon to retain credibility with Cummings, he needs to put him back in now and show that if you're not playing well, someone else gets their chance.
    Yep think this is the time for Jason to come back in and maybe take some of the pressure off Boyle. Would actually play Boyle wide right in this game also.

Not for me. One poor game shouldn't see Boyle punished. However if he continues the first half in the same vein then I'd start thinking about JC for the second half and that's saying something because I'm not 100% convinced with JC, too many times for me he seems to shoot straight at goalies. His corker against Rangers tight in against the post was the exception but there's not enough of those. I think we need another scorer in, a natural forward, rather than a converted winger until JC matures a bit more.

Why do people think 3 centre backs and a holding player is some kind of massive horrible defensive formation? Chelsea have won 8 games in a row scoring 22 goals with it. Absolutely fine to keep playing 3-5-2, it doesn't matter if we are playing Dumbarton at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Why do people think 3 centre backs and a holding player is some kind of massive horrible defensive formation? Chelsea have won 8 games in a row scoring 22 goals with it. Absolutely fine to keep playing 3-5-2, it doesn't matter if we are playing Dumbarton at home.
    I get this completely. I think what some are getting at is that the holding midfielder takes up a place that could otherwise be given to a creative or attacking midfielder. We don't score as many when Bartley is on.

We've got Dumbarton (who lost to Bonnyrigg Rose last night) at Easter Road.

There's room for Boyle (our most potent threat over the past month or so) our top goalscorer and at least one of Graham or Holt in this game.

It will be utter madness if we don't go pretty gung-ho in this game.

I was actually one of those who advocated dropping Cummings, and I think it has been a good thing to do.

The time is right to bring him back in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Footballers are paid not just for playing football but also representing their clubs on and off the field with charity outings and other events. You may not care yourself but when a player fails to carry out these duties it can leave a sour taste for folk who maybe wanted a pic or autograph as well as pissing off whoever organised it.
    I'm sure there was quite a lot of players that werent at the golf day ? And on the weight subject how the hell does holt get a game if Jason's overweight holt is obese ! So our managers allowed to sit in France whilst the players are meant to be preparing for a new season but you get dropped for two months for missing a golf day. Decent

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Chelsea also play very attack-minded wingbacks and 2 inside forwards, more like a 3-4-3.

They were also defensively frail, have better quality players and play in a different league.

You are right to say that this formation is not inherently more defensive than a 4-4-2, but it's not a great comparison.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    It's not necessarily the formation but more the players you use. We have Gray and Stevenson genuinely struggling to beat the first man with their crosses and not really offering much of an attacking force. Chelsea have Victor Moses rampaging down the flank pinging in crosses, shots and linking defence go attack. He's a huge threat every time he gets on the ball. We could at least try Boyle in one of the wing back positions at home against the likes of Dumbarton if we're going to persist with the formation.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Can Cummings' non-involvement last night with the Development squad be a sign that he is due to play more of a role at the weekend? I hope so!

I believe if he had started against Utd last week that we would have won he would have scored at least 1 of the 2 open play sitters Boyle missed in the first half and he would have scored the pen.

For me it should be Cummings to start up front with either Holt or Graham on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Chelsea also play very attack-minded wingbacks and 2 inside forwards, more like a 3-4-3.

They were also defensively frail, have better quality players and play in a different league.

You are right to say that this formation is not inherently more defensive than a 4-4-2, but it's not a great comparison.
    Chelsea lost 2 goals in those 8 games, I wish we were that defensively frail.

The formation is very good, our execution of it isn't perfect but it is still our best team IMO.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Cummings upfront with Graham for me on Saturday. Holt has to be dropped.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Play 5 up. 2 wingers & 3 forwards. 3-2-5. Rack up a cricket score & get confidence up again.

I am delighted some people on here aren't out manager.

For me we should go with

....................Marciano.....
    ....mcgregor....Hanlon....Fontaine..
    Boyle.....Bartley......mcgeouch......Crane
    ......................Shinnie.........
    ..............Cummings....Graham....

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

For me we should go with

Am delighted you aren't our manager with that side

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

For me we should go with

That looks a reasonable team to me although I have concerns about Mcgeoch's fitness. I'd be tempted to give young Murray his chance to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    Am delighted you aren't our manager with that side
    He /She left themself wide open for that As long as Cummings is back any team Lennon puts out should be capable of beating Dumbarton.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I would start Scott Martin in place of the Bartman.