hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick & Tired !

Sick & Tired !

As a guy who has watched Hibs since the 60's lets be clear on a few things.........

I don't want anyone else telling me how great Lewis Stevenson is........He is very very average bordering on poor
    I am now going to move on from defence.........The Paul Hanlons of this world wouldnt get a game for the reserves when Sloop was playing !

We have too many people playing for Hibs who are not Hibs class ! Have a look at the guy who took the penalty !! If he is a Hibs player then I am a monkeys uncle

Problem with a lot of people who come on here are a bit frightened to tell the truth....we are watching garbage !!

Until we grab the thorn.......Mr Lennon you said earlier in the season something about under performances not being accepted........what about tonight ?

As an older guy.......this Hibs team are utter Mince

No apologies for saying this

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by et vireta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a guy who has watched Hibs since the 60's lets be clear on a few things.........

I don't want anyone else telling me how great Lewis Stevenson is........He is very very average bordering on poor
    I am now going to move on from defence.........The Paul Hanlons of this world wouldnt get a game for the reserves when Sloop was playing !

We have too many people playing for Hibs who are not Hibs class ! Have a look at the guy who took the penalty !! If he is a Hibs player then I am a monkeys uncle

Problem with a lot of people who come on here are a bit frightened to tell the truth....we are watching garbage !!

Until we grab the thorn.......Mr Lennon you said earlier in the season something about under performances not being accepted........what about tonight ?

Missed a pen they didn't. I don't think the second half we were that bad and didn't think we deserved to lose the game. But that's just me!

I don't like to single out players - we win/lose as a team.. but the OP is correct we were watching dross tonight.

That was unacceptable and too many are not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Missed a pen they didn't. I don't think the second half we were that bad and didn't think we deserved to lose the game. But that's just me!
    Sorry to say this......we were terrible.....and then we got a wee get out of jail card. Problem was the guy who stepped up to take it.....got a wee bit cult following.....call me getting aulder but this guy aint an Arthur Duncan.

This is the problem...too many people think these guys are good

They are not.

And the longer people come on here singing their praises..........longer we will no longer be at the top table.

Hibs are playing players who are not Hibs class

Sorry

How many penalties did you see Arthur Duncan take?

Harsh on 'that guy' he's played well recently although I wouldn't have him taking the penalty and as much as I don't think stevenson is our best player and agree we could do better he's certainly not the reason we got beat tonight and he is more certainly Hibs class Heart on his sleeve leaves everything on the park...poor result tonight not a great performance but we need to keep going the team we have is well capable of winning this league IMO

You cant go comparing different eras mate. Sloop was indeed a good player, but I saw him make plenty cock ups as well. The teams he played for and against were better than the ones our current lot play for and against no doubt about it ..... but for all your Sloops, Arthur Duncans and even Pat Stantons .... players who I all admired by the way .... perhaps if Paul Hanlon is feeling nice he will show them his Scottish cup winners medal.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    None And you know why ? In Turnbulls team the Blackleys of this world would have told him to get to Falkirk !

Get real......Arthur Duncan had a purpose.....he was so good at that purpose that I watched him play for Scotland at Wembley 1975 (went on Carlton Branch)

Boyle ?.....behave yourself

you beat me there. Arthur scored a winner in the Scottish cup final though . I was there! Hibernian 2 Rangers 3

None And you know why ? In Turnbulls team the Blackleys of this world would have told him to get to Falkirk !

Get real......Arthur Duncan had a purpose.....he was so good at that purpose that I watched him play for Scotland at Wembley 1975 (went on Carlton Branch)

I was also at that classic in 75. we got well f/ckd 5-1. not a score I like to register btw

@hibs.net private member
    The team needs investment bottom line and it will all come down to lennons signings.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    You cant go comparing different eras mate. Sloop was indeed a good player, but I saw him make plenty cock ups as well. The teams he played for and against were better than the ones our current lot play for and against no doubt about it ..... but for all your Sloops, Arthur Duncans and even Pat Stantons .... players who I all admired by the way .... perhaps if Paul Hanlon is feeling nice he will show them his Scottish cup winners medal.
    And that my friend that is where the problems lie. In any other industry questions would be asked when an entity under performs........

Now think..I was at Elland Road 1973 and watched Hibs match and should have beat Leeds.......what has happened to us ?

Sorry to say it....too many people just accept it now.

The Hibs team of today are mince

But that doesnt mean we have to accept it

We have fallen and guys of my age know it

Boyle was mince tonight, I agree. had a really bad shift, and I think big Holt should have been allowed to take his penalty. Boyle "won " it, but Holt has scored them

Im sometimes a little happy I wasnt alive for the tornados, helps me avoid posting deluded nonsense on here. This team won the Scottish cup, I'll forgive them the odd bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Im sometimes a little happy I wasnt alive for the tornados, helps me avoid posting deluded nonsense on here. This team won the Scottish cup, I'll forgive them the odd bad game.

Right....I'm on my high horse the night.....

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story......I turned 60 in November.....the greatest day of my life 21st May Hampden with my wife and all my family ...standing outside Hampden..with a wee feeling we could beat them. Now.....when I talk about the Tornadoes I only mention them as something we should be striving for..........I was brought up with a dad who was a Famous Five fanatic.

Sorry ......but class never changes through the years...The cup winners willl go down as legends (rightly so) But as best Hibs players I have seen ? behave yersel

And that my friend that is where the problems lie. In any other industry questions would be asked when an entity under performs........

Now think..I was at Elland Road 1973 and watched Hibs match and should have beat Leeds.......what has happened to us ?

Sorry to say it....too many people just accept it now.

The Hibs team of today are mince

But that doesnt mean we have to accept it

We have fallen and guys of my age know it
    Again, I was at Leeds, and I am with you on that. we SHOULD have pumped them as well as the fact that we should have beat them at ER. Where do you really think we can somehow regain those halcyon days? We are in the lower league, with a recently appointed manager who has not a lot of options as exposed Tonight with the loss of 2 key players from our engine room.Bartley had a bad day, Mc Geogh was a bit off the pace or tended to slip the ball too sidewards, Stevenson was hardworking as usual but his crossing is woeful . Handlon was a bit scary at times, but overall I don't think we deserved to lose..

I don't think many of us think this is a good hibs team, then I've only seen two decent hibs teams since the late 70s when I started going. We won the Scottish cup least season with the bulk of this team and we were missing our two best middielders. Lennon plays Boyle as he's seen our lack of pace, he's not great but has his uses at this level. Poor game tonight, don't see the point in harking back to any good old days.

Right....I'm on my high horse the night.....

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story......I turned 60 in November.....the greatest day of my life 21st May Hampden with my wife and all my family ...standing outside Hampden..with a wee feeling we could beat them. Now.....when I talk about the Tornadoes I only mention them as something we should be striving for..........I was brought up with a dad who was a Famous Five fanatic.

Sorry ......but class never changes through the years...The cup winners willl go down as legends (rightly so) But as best Hibs players I have seen ? behave yersel
    be fair man, stop rippin' the pish from a guy who has jist telt ye that he was not alive to see the Tornadoes. he has witnessed Hibernian history though . let him savour that!! because I will.

Quote Originally Posted by marleyhib View Post
    I don't think many of us think this is a good hibs team, then I've only seen two decent hibs teams since the late 70s when I started going. We won the Scottish cup least season with the bulk of this team and we were missing our two best middielders. Lennon plays Boyle as he's seen our lack of pace, he's not great but has his uses at this level. Poor game tonight, don't see the point in harking back to any good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    be fair man, stop rippin' the pish from a guy who has jist telt ye that he was not alive to see the Tornadoes. he has witnessed Hibernian history though . let him savour that!! because I will.

Sorry ! Apologies to everyone and no offence to fellow Hibbys...just so peeved tonight....don't mean to lash out and fellow Hibs fans,,,just angry that that that tonight was a game again for the taking. And see when I think back I can remember losing games at places like Shawfield that deprived us of a championship,

Sorry guys !

I was there tonight, pretty effed off but didn't think we were as bad as many are making out,pen goes in and I think we win. Opportunity lost but it's all to play for, we have them at home in about 5 games time, onwards !

And Lennon has to play Cummings and Boyle from the bench as an impact sub

Sorry ! Apologies to everyone and no offence to fellow Hibbys...just so peeved tonight....don't mean to lash out and fellow Hibs fans,,,just angry that that that tonight was a game again for the taking. And see when I think back I can remember losing games at places like Shawfield that deprived us of a championship,

Sorry guys !
    best regards for your apologies, although I do feel your pain. still don't think we "deserved" to lose at Tannadice that wee scroat Flood, was given their match sponsor's MoM . imho he could have walked, for the amount of punches he aimed at big Holt.

I was there tonight, pretty effed off but didn't think we were as bad as many are making out,pen goes in and I think we win. Opportunity lost but it's all to play for, we have them at home in about 5 games time, onwards !
    very much so

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Harsh, very harsh, we have the best defensive record in the U.K. And that's with Hanlon and Stevenson, both who unlike you're 70s teams won't the Scottish cup!!! Granted Lewis's crossing is pish at the moment doesn't make us a bad team, we are missing McGinn and Fyvie FFS!!!

Technically Arthur Duncan was probably the worst player in that team (I'm an old fart myself) and yes Mr Higgins missed an absolute sitter at Elland Road, none of which will make a bit of difference to the latest performance. But your reference to Boyle and me behaving myself? Perhaps you would be good enough to re quote my post mentioning him.

@hibs.net private member
    We were abysmal. Having them in 5 weeks time isn't a good thing although by then, we'll already be trailing them as no way a team that plays dumplings like Holt and Boyle will beat Morton, Raith and Falkirk.

Technically Arthur Duncan was probably the worst player in that team (I'm an old fart myself) and yes Mr Higgins missed an absolute sitter at Elland Road, none of which will make a bit of difference to the latest performance. But your reference to Boyle and me behaving myself? Perhaps you would be good enough to re quote my post mentioning him.
    Ok for the sake of clarity you are correct re Boyle you never mentioned him but you also know I used that as a throwaway line.....

However whether technically or not Arthur Duncan was NOT the worst player in that team. Further when Ned came calling in 1971 he felt that the great Eric Stevenson was perhaps surplus to requirements.
    Nijinsky was signed by Willie McFarlane but utterly shined under the greatest tactician of them all ...Eddie Turnbull
    And..surely you must remember Duncan at Hampden.......how technical do you have to be

Get oot on that big wide pitch and skin McGrain

And the man ,,,did he do it ? Aye ......

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    We were abysmal. Having them in 5 weeks time isn't a good thing although by then, we'll already be trailing them as no way a team that plays dumplings like Holt and Boyle will beat Morton, Raith and Falkirk.
    Here was me thinking that the Grinch was a fictional character.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    you beat me there. Arthur scored a winner in the Scottish cup final though . I was there! Hibernian 2 Rangers 3
    Me too. It was one of the best flying headed goals I've ever seen just unfortunately for us it was in the wrong goal .

Still Arthur was a fantastic player for us until then so forgave him .