hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Holt

Grant Holt

Forgot he was on the park till he decided to get into a case of handbags with Willo Flood and probably lucky to stay on the park. Why didn't Graham start after playing well against QOTS?

2. Log in to remove the advert

He was brutal and should have been sent off

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No he shouldn't have been.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He's hopeless, cant run cant jump and cant score, apart from that he does play everywhere where he shouldnt be.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    No he shouldn't have been.
    I think we got lucky to stay with 11 men. Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I think we got lucky to stay with 11 men. Twice
    Twice?? Holt's wasn't a red, ref got it spot on booking them both. The only red card that could have been given was their right back for the tackle on Lewis.

He's absolutely s****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Regular ForeverHibs93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xox TopLad xox
    To be fair to him I don't think the elbow was meant, as I said in the match thread I think his arm just jolted back in the tussle that was going on.

As for him as a player, I've said it every time I've seen him, I just don't get it. I don't understand why so many on here seem to rate him so highly, I had high hopes when we signed him but he can't run, can't jump & can't even hold the ball up like you'd expect someone of his build to be able to do.

I'm perplexed as to why Lennon insists on playing him ahead of JC because it can't be about the rumoured link up play because Holts is poor anyway.

It's not his fault, he clearly tries but he's just not got it anymore IMO.

I don't think it would have made a difference if we'd brought Graham on earlier or started with him, our crossing was woeful tonight.

I think he was very lucky not to get a red and Lennon should have substituted him then since he was ineffective after , obviously worried about a second card . Presume he was a good player in his time in England and some will like the way he uses his experience at times ( ref was probably intimidated by him tonight ) but his temperament can`t be great for team spirit ( tonight`s attitude after our penalty or mouthing off at Harris in Falkirk game as examples ) . Anyway , has odd good touch and was obviously only intended as a signing for this season at most so hope his experience will help us in promotion drive and cup defence .

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    I'm sorry but Holt simply isn't good enough nor has done enough when he has played to merit his continual selection. He doesn't hold up play particularly well, he has no pace, he has zero movement, he causes us to go back to front far too often.

Considering how well Graham has played when he's come in and the fact that Jason has been sat on the bench for weeks now I have to seriously question what Lennon is doing.

Looking forward to getting a Cummings/Keatings partnership back up front.

Testimonial Due
    He would probably have scored the penalty had he taken it which is what initially looked like was going to happen

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Never a sending off.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Twice?? Holt's wasn't a red, ref got it spot on booking them both. The only red card that could have been given was their right back for the tackle on Lewis.
    I would have asked for a sending off if Flood did it to Holt. Fontaine was lucky to stay on the park for the penalty. Just my opinion.

Holt is more concerned with wrestling and playing his man rather than the ball, I felt he was very lucky to stay on the park as probably was United's right back for that high tackle.
    Boyle's penalty was woeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Looking forward to getting a Cummings/Keatings partnership back up front.
    Surely not???

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Holts a decent player IMO even if he didn't have a great game tonight.

The alternative is Brian Graham who is a genuine huddy IMO? Holy would be in my team every time

Holt is finished.

Waste of a shirt.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    I dont rate Holt or Graham but of the two would rather see Graham up front with Cummings. Holt is finished..if the ball is played into him directly and he doesn't have to move his considerable bulk he's capable of some cute lay offs, he'll also use his 'experience' to win free kicks. Other than that he is no goal threat whatsoever and cannot get about the pitch quick enough.. Poor...poor signing in a pre season that we didnt do very good business imo which is coming back to haunt us now.

Awful again.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Holts a decent player IMO even if he didn't have a great game tonight.

The alternative is Brian Graham who is a genuine huddy IMO? Holy would be in my team every time
    Or Cummings

He is not good enough for us and he should have been sent off tonight.

If a Utd player had thrown the elbow he did on Andreu we'd be demanding a red. Had another naughty one down back if players leg in first half that could have been booking too.

FFS Lennon just put Cummings back in the team and get this fat useless ******* away to ****.

If a Utd player had thrown the elbow he did on Andreu we'd be demanding a red. Had another naughty one down back if players leg in first half that could have been booking too.

FFS Lennon just put Cummings back in the team and get this fat useless ******* away to ****.
    You ruin any chance of being taking seriously by personally insulting him.

Holt is our token tough guy - brought in to muscle his way around the opposition penalty area and upset defenders in the hope that the more fleet-footed, like Boyle, Cummings, Keatings can benefit.
    Every team needs this type of player - as Lennon well knows. To date Holt gets a 55% effective against 45% ineffective from me.
    For sure he appears as either not very fit and thus slower than he could be, or he is simply past it.
    The jury is out for many of us, but I still err on the side of keeping him in as we are pretty lightweight and, dare I say, push-overs for a lot of the more robust teams we find ourselves up against.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I would have asked for a sending off if Flood did it to Holt. Fontaine was lucky to stay on the park for the penalty. Just my opinion.
    for the penalty?? He made an attempt to play the ball therfore it would be against the rules to send him off. Holt didn't do anything apart from grab Flood? His elbow made contact with Andreu but not because he threw an elbow, because his arm became dislodged from Flood in the melee and jerked upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You ruin any chance of being taking seriously by personally insulting him.
    Oh well