hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bring back Stubbs

Thats all⚽️

2. Log in to remove the advert

Everyone wanted him gone before the cup final. Failed to get us up twice. Get to bed.

Left by mutual consent!
    I wouldn't go as far as that but if we are being entirely honest how many games have you actually enjoyed under Lennon's tenure?

I'm not buying into it and I don't think we are a good football team to watch.

As I said on the thread we didn't look like scoring even when we got a penalty....scary stuff

Would Stubbs have scored that penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone wanted him gone before the cup final. Failed to get us up twice. Get to bed.
    Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by SlatefordHibby View Post
    Probably

And we laugh at some of the s**t threads that end up on Yakback as well.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Ridiculous
    Yep it is a ridiculous thread, you should just delete it

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlatefordHibby View Post
    He couldn't have made a worse effort.

If that performace is anything to go by tonight, i worry.

@hibs.net private member
    Stubbs couldn't get us promoted but Lennon hasn't the ability to do it either. Winning leagues with Celtic with no Rangers in the top league means nowt.

He's not got it as a manager.

Awful thread. Aweful match tonight from both teams. Draw would have been a fair result but as normal if something isn't fair its always against us.We need a couple of quality signings in January.

@hibs.net private member
    Naw.

I would agree it's not a reaction worthy of a thread.. but I do miss him.

Testimonial Due
    Thats all⚽️
    Behave yersel

Aye cause that worked the last 2 seasons. He had his great send off lets move on.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Stubbs couldn't get us promoted but Lennon hasn't the ability to do it either. Winning leagues with Celtic with no Rangers in the top league means nowt.

But qualifying for group stages of champions league does . IMO.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Thought you'd be back tonight.

Right now we are strong defensively then 'hoof' - if that gets us up great..but longer term?????

I do miss Stubbs a great deal, and personally think we would be in a much better place had he stuck around. Very unlikely and hope not, but if we do fall to 2nd or 3rd who would you rather in charge of the play-offs, Stubbs, Lennon or bringing in someone else ?

First Team Regular ForeverHibs93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xox TopLad xox
    Stubbs had much stiffer competition that a very poor United side to be fair.

We dont look like an attacking threat tonight. Hopeless, against a rotten united team. Cant believe so many people are backing lennon with that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHibs93 View Post
    Stubbs had much stiffer competition that a very poor United side to be fair.
    Not really last year he had rangers who we beat multiple times then all the other teams were just the same pish. He couldn't get us being consistent against all the other teams.

Thats all⚽️
    Yes please as I look forward to failing in another playoff again and staying down for another season

Is this the same Alan Stubbs that, in April and May, the business end of the season, many wanted sacked?

Aye I thought so. Every time we slip up the calls on this thread for Lennon to go, along with any player that has a poor game is embarrassing tbh.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Thats all⚽️
    Way to go knee jerk.

Why is Lennon playing Boyle up top then getting everyone to punt it up towards the two massive centre halfs.

Then who picks Boyle as penalties.

no stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Is this the same Alan Stubbs that, in April and May, the business end of the season, many wanted sacked?

Aye I thought so. Every time we slip up the calls on this thread for Lennon to go, along with any player that has a poor game is embarrassing tbh.
    Remember we did not even finish second last season..However the total lack of belief was tonight obvious and the mediocre performances from the usual suspects remains unaddressed that is down to Neil Lennon of whom I expected more determination ...simply inadequate team performance and it must be said insufficient players of real quality...still an issue at Hibs........shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich_Hibby View Post
    Right now we are strong defensively then 'hoof' - if that gets us up great..but longer term?????
    Good question about longer term but it seems to me that the last 2 seasons we were signing to get promoted and make an impact after promotion whereas this season`s signings and team in general is more about going up then starting from scratch ( manager - if we aren`t promoted he`ll be sacked or look for more money elsewhere and if we`re promoted will use that success to get more cash elsewhere , players - 4 or 5 of tonight`s team would surely not continue if we go up cause of age or lack of ability ) . Tonight`s result means it`ll be even harder to get promoted than before and that if we do go up we`ll clinch it later which`ll make planning for next season harder .

Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    Remember we did not even finish second last season..However the total lack of belief was tonight obvious and the mediocre performances from the usual suspects remains unaddressed that is down to Neil Lennon of whom I expected more determination ...simply inadequate team performance and it must be said insufficient players of real quality...still an issue at Hibs........shocker
    The only "usual suspects" are those who just appear on here after a disappointing result, IMHO.