hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Boyle and midfield

Lack of focus. Sadly has the pace to fright but he can't remain concentrated on the ball - had opportunities and couldn't even control the ball. Needs dropped. Midfield is woeful without Fyvie and McGinn...

That penalty from Boyle...jeez

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Boyle was dreadful all game and that was being nice. Obscene decision he was allowed to take the penalty.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

First Team Regular
    The second Boyle has time to think he misses,poor poor show although the wasn't alone in being rubbish

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Never been so certain a penalty was going to be missed in my life.

It`s already been said here that Boyle is only effective against the weaker teams in this division and even then only against tiring defenders as a sub so I don`t think he deserves any criticism . If we get promotion he`ll be one of several players in the current squad who won`t continue next year I`d imagine as he isn`t good enough technically in any position . Till we get promotion we have to hope his pace will be enough to make him useful .

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It`s already been said here that Boyle is only effective against the weaker teams in this division and even then only against tiring defenders as a sub so I don`t think he deserves any criticism . If we get promotion he`ll be one of several players in the current squad who won`t continue next year I`d imagine as he isn`t good enough technically in any position . Till we get promotion we have to hope his pace will be enough to make him useful .
    Spot on...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Boyle has been very good recently, tonight he was poor. Cummings had a run of poor performances before being dropped.

If there is a clamour to get Cummings back in the team, it should be in place of that huddy Holt.

He hasn't really. He should have scored about 6 against QOS.

Gie the guy a break!

Quote Originally Posted by noz View Post
    Spot on...
    If you dont take penalties then you will never miss one, give the guy a break he thought he was the one to take it and missed, so what, I happen to think that the guy who wins the penalty should not be the one to take it, something about a rush o blood to the heid time, bring back poor old Joe Davis (RIP)
    Now he could take a penalty, dont remember him ever winning one (That was usually down to Stevie or someone else) but missed very few.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Agreed, he was piss poor against QOS, 1 on 1 with the keeper 3 times and hit th keeper each time. His penalty hit the keeper , as I expected. He's a fast runner but not a very good footballer, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Boyle is never a footballer. I have said it since we first signed him. He has pace, nothing else, no footballing ability or technique. It really is a shame that no stats websites are particularly interested in the Scottish Champiomship because I would love to see his dribble success percentage and pass completion percentage and show it to those morons that believe he 'is a great outlet' and 'someone to be more direct and stretch the opposition'.

Neil Lennon has played him as a striker instead of a guy who is guaranteed 20+ goals in this woeful league and has been found wanting eventually. Not only that but has entrusted him to take a penalty. Unforgivable.

midfiled

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Lack of focus. Sadly has the pace to fright but he can't remain concentrated on the ball - had opportunities and couldn't even control the ball. Needs dropped. Midfield is woeful without Fyvie and McGinn...

That penalty from Boyle...jeez
    Eh what midfield ?

Boyle OFF PACE

Quote Originally Posted by noz View Post
    Spot on...
    Yes I agree, but you must wonder why when he was obviously not on form and lacking good touch tonight that he was allowed to take that penalty...
    Should the manager or captain not have a say in that...no belief by him in the way he hit that kick....that miss could well come back to haunt us ..I pray I am wrong.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Lennon confirmed after the game that Boyle was the designated penalty taker, so all players on the should should have been aware of that when it was awarded. And if he'd hit it like he did in the semi shoot out then we would probaly have gone on to win.
    ​#PERSEVERED

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    Eh what midfield ?
    That was my point. Invisible man 1 and invisible man 2 were poor, I think. I couldn't tell though because I couldn't see them.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Boyle has been very good recently, tonight he was poor. Cummings had a run of poor performances before being dropped.

If there is a clamour to get Cummings back in the team, it should be in place of that huddy Holt.
    Boyle was poor against QOTS

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Never been so certain a penalty was going to be missed in my life.

After missing the pen one just knew they would score with theirs.

Big Marv did well until subbed.

disappointed at result but we will bounce back.

GGTTH

Boyle has been on fire and been tremendous lately. One bad game and he gets this garbage. Get a grip ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeeleicester View Post
    Boyle was poor against QOTS
    Pish. He was great.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Boyle has been on fire and been tremendous lately. One bad game and he gets this garbage. Get a grip ffs.
    Haha on fire and tremendous, you need to get a grip. Should have had 6+ against QoS but very very poor finishing.
    He played well against lower opposition. Poor against Falkirk and poor against Dundee United, see a trend?

Blog Entries
    His ratio of scoring chances to goals is poor, but I suppose he should get credit for getting into scoring positions.

If Cummings isn't back in for the next game Lennon can GTF. Best striker at the club by a country mile and he's been hung out to dry week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Haha on fire and tremendous, you need to get a grip. Should have had 6+ against QoS but very very poor finishing.
    He played well against lower opposition. Poor against Falkirk and poor against Dundee United, see a trend?
    So he doesn't get any credit in your book because he failed tonight and against Falkirk and didn't bag at least a hat trick against Queens? You're a good laugh pal 😁

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    So he doesn't get any credit in your book because he failed tonight and against Falkirk and didn't bag at least a hat trick against Queens? You're a good laugh pal 😁
    Credit is not the same as saying he was tremendous. Ibrahimovic and Pogba deserve some credit for how they have played at Man Utd but to say either were tremendous or on fire is something else. Same applies. Boyle did the job he was given in 3 out of 5 games, in other 2 he was atrocious. This is unfortunately his level unless training improves - his first touch and football awareness is poor. Needs more than pace because, as was clear tonight on many occasions, he doesn't know how to use his pace to maximum effect.

@hibs.net private member
    Boyle was awful and is not good enough. But I thought Stevenson and Gray contributed absolutely nothing. McGeough & Bartley are nowhere near as good as SJM and Fyvive

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post

Big Marv did well until subbed

GGTTH
    No he didn't

First Team Regular
    Boyle=Ivan Sproule Mk II

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    never been so certain a penalty was going to be missed in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by boomtownhibeys View Post
    no he didn't
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    boyle was awful and is not good enough. But i thought stevenson and gray contributed absolutely nothing. Mcgeough & bartley are nowhere near as good as sjm and fyvive
    exactly

@hibs.net private member
    He was awful tonight but Holt needs to get shot for claiming the penalty and making Boyle get the ball from him. According to Lennon Boyle was the penalty taker but to be fair there are so many disorganised areas of our play it wouldn't surprise me if the players never knew.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

I totally agree.
    Spot on .