hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cummings

Cummings

With Cumming and Lennon having words about his weight dyer the international break a few weeks and then again on Friday before the qos game. I wonder how long it will be before he gets a decent chance again. Boyle has been superb for us but when JC came on with 20 mins to go on Saturday he didn't look interested . At full time he went straight of the park without shaking opposing teams hands.
    Last edited by Enough said; 23-11-2016 at 01:36 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Cumming and Lennon having words about his weight dyer the international break a few weeks and then again on Friday before the qos game. I wonder how long it will be before he gets a decent chance again. Boyle has been superb for us but when JC came on with 20 mins to go on Saturday he didn't look infested. At full time he went straight of the park without shaking opposing teams hands.
    I certainly hope he didn't look infested

What's wrong with his weight?

I wouldn't say he looked disinterested but I did think he looked frustrated and unhappy.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    With Cumming and Lennon having words about his weight dyer the international break a few weeks and then again on Friday before the qos game. I wonder how long it will be before he gets a decent chance again. Boyle has been superb for us but when JC came on with 20 mins to go on Saturday he didn't look interested . At full time he went straight of the park without shaking opposing teams hands.
    I thought he looked interested.

He came on and chased down a defender and went over on his ankle straight away. It's not that he wasn't interested he just couldn't run after he twisted his ankle.

Let's be serious, it's not a permanent drop. He's by far our best striker and once this silly episode is over he'll be back in the goals as he has been week in, week out since he was a teenager.

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Let's be serious, it's not a permanent drop. He's by far our best striker and once this silly episode is over he'll be back in the goals as he has been week in, week out since he was a teenager.

If Boyle showed nothing whatsoever Jas would be back in the starting 11. Boyles form brought us out of a dodgy patch. It's only right to stick by him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I thought he looked interested.
    So did I didnt get any decent service because our best midfielders had left the field by then.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Is he, i'd disagree with that statement all day and every day?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Of course he is our best striker.
    Thats why he is always top scorer.

Who do you think is a better striker then?

The team has had better results and performed better in the 5 games he has been out the side compared to the preceding 5 when he was in the team.

Whatever the reason he was dropped out initiallly, the reason he remains out is simple.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Are you happy to see Boyle doing well for our team, Jason progressing as he has been and looking forward to what he has to offer?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Testimonial Due
    My thoughts on this situation is that Cummings is not maybe doing enough off the ball work that Boyle is, and Lennon is letting Cummings make up his own mind on whether or not he wants to up his game.
    Nobody can say Cummings is not a goal scorer, but his work rate off the ball is at times dire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    What's wrong with his weight?
    Was 3 pounds over his weight after one before last international break

When did Lennon mention Cummings' weight?

Havent seen anyone mention Cummings weight as being the issue with him not playing.

You cant seriously be suggesting that our top goal scorer was dropped because he was a mere 3lbs overweight? A few sprints and that would be gone, there is nothing wrong with Cummings weight.

Any reliable source ive spoken to has said the same thing, Cummings was dropped because he wasnt playing like Lennon wanted, i.e pressing etc. Once his goals dried up a bit he wasnt offering the team anything.

Keatings came in and done what Lennon wanted but got injured and Boyles came in and continued playing like Lennon wants.

Cummings has to change the way he plays to suit the managers wishes. To suggest that all this is over 3lbs of bodyweight gained over a weekend is laughable and a non starter.

My source is reliable don't worry about that. As for Neil mentioning Jc weight I wouldn't of thought that was something he would of made public.

Was 3 pounds over his weight after one before last international break
    That does it for me. Send him straight back to the asbestos arena so they can sell him to Peterborough for £1.7m and start saving up for a second modern stand. Or a couple of feet more grass so they can finally get a pitch that is at least compliant for Europe.

Jason Cummings; hammer of the yams - +/- 3lbs

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

They're far more scientific nowadays about weight It's Body/Fat Index that counts.Everyone knows that muscle weighs more than fat.Do a lot of gym work and weight increases as the player bulks up.The story is tosh.

P.s muscle doesnt weigh more than fat. 1lb of muscle is the same weight as 1lb of fat.

Muscle is more dense per area.

3lb of weight over a weekend would be water fluctuation. Nothing more. Impossible to gain 3lb of fat over a weekend.

This has got to be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    P.s muscle doesnt weigh more than fat. 1lb of muscle is the same weight as 1lb of fat.

3lb of weight over a weekend would be water fluctuation. Nothing more. Impossible to gain 3lb of fat over a weekend.

International break before the las one wasn't over a weekend

You'd hope it's a joke, as a statistic amongst hibbies it carries much less "weight" than goals per game, goals against the yam and cup tie winners against the yam

And last time I looked weight hasn't been an issue when Neil signed and selects Holt.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 23-11-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    He has the talent to be, that is for sure. Sometimes it looks like he thinks that he is our best striker as well. But there is nothing wrong in being asked to prove that ever time he shirt goes on.

Goals win games and the raw talent that is currently in our hands here has done more of that for us since the departure of the great Derek Riordan and Griffiths. Be careful what we get sucked into here, we have him the yam don't, we'll get the benefit so maybe they are a bit peeved. We could well miss the goals when he's gone

Last edited by Bostonhibby; 23-11-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Sir Matt Busby

Nade was a regular in the pre administration yam team and he was probably on a win bonus for being +/- 3lb depending on whether he shaved after he'd finished a pre match kebab.

Sir Matt Busby

Nah, I'd stick with Marciano.

You're quite right of course.What I was trying to say is that fat takes up far more room than the same weight of muscle.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Hit and run Blackpool?

Who is our best striker then?

Play Boyle with Cummings. IMO the amount of opportunities we'd create for Jason with Boyle doing all the leg work for him would be insane. Anyone who doesn't think he is our best striker must have forgotten the last two years of him scoring regularly and in big games, I think he deserves far more respect than some people are showing him at times tbh.