hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Who do you hate more from a Hibs perspective

Was speaking to a few Hibs fans in work today and they couldn't make up who they hated more, one said Hearts one said Celtic and three said Rangers. Tbh I probably hate Rangers more but only by the tiniest amount because their fans are so vile. Could an admin please make this a poll because I can't do it on my phone.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I hate every football team apart from Hibs. Keeps things simple.

We had this recently, Rangers "won" by a big margin

In this order...

Sevco
    Hearts
    Falkirk
    Celtic and the rest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangers
    Hearts
    Celtic

My top 3 most disliked clubs in that order.

Rangers - Rotten to the very core with the most vile, bigotted set of fans imaginable.
    Hearts - Utterly shameless, arrogant horrible club. (See my "the club with no shame thread")
    Celtic - Patronising and I hate their idea that we are some how "wee cousins" or pals with them in some way. GTF we as a club have evolved well past the sort of bigotry still present in your club.

Love to beat Hearts over any other club but I hate Sevco more than any other club with Celtic a close second.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Hearts are something of a pantomime villain. Sevco are a horrible club with a horrible fanbase.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Rangers new or old.

I've no time for Hearts or Celtic either but Rangers are in a league of their own.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The old firm , would rather see The Jamboids win anything before either of them if it wasn't to be Hibs.

Always hated the old Rangers. But the new version have taken my hatred to a different level.

But Hearts will always be our biggest rivals and I'll always want to beat them more than anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The old firm , would rather see The Jamboids win anything before either of them if it wasn't to be Hibs.
    Not for me. When either of them from the west win something it barely registers with me. When Hearts win something I find it bloody horrible to be around.

I hate football clubs who spend massive amounts of money on transfers and players wages whom already have massive underlying debt knowing they will never be able to pay the money back.

They have a massive sporting advantage by spending money like water and win undeserved leagues and Cups then later enter liquidation or administration.

Don't have to be a genius to work out who i'm referring to.

Disgusting behaviour.

Hate's a strong word. I find The Old Firm and Hearts very irksome at times. But I've friends who support all those teams.

@hibs.net private member
    Hearts by an absolute mile.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Not for me. When either of them from the west win something it barely registers with me. When Hearts win something I find it bloody horrible to be around.
    Very much this, I'm more or less immune to the effects of either arse cheek winning trophies, that mob on the other hand ....

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    After I had said that Rangers are our enemy, my 5 year old son said to me;
    "They aren't the enemy, they're just boys with different coloured tops on."

I dislike hearts as an institution, but some of the people I trust most in the world are jambos, so I could never hate them. I suppose the team I'm least fond of is Sevco, but it is most definitely not hatred.

@hibs.net private member
    Don't hate anyone but I always want Hearts to lose. Then any team that's our rivals at that time.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    i love to hate hearts, i can't be arsed with celtic, and i absolutely revile rangers. i can understand why someone might end up supporting one of the former, but i just can't relate to supporting rangers - they are so, so vile.

tbh, i would genuinely rather see hearts win the league than rangers or celtic. they (hearts) would be insufferable, probably for decades, but any kind of a break of the strangle hold the old firm have had on that league since the 80s could only be a good thing. i would be so, so happy if rangers - and celtic, but especially rangers - went bust. i loved it the last time, actually, and was gutted they got allowed back into the league. hearts, on the other hand - i miss playing them, and the derbies last season were fantastic.

@hibs.net private member
    The Rangers every time, closely followed by Hearts. The others I just dislike as and when we play them.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    I know fans of most top teams in Scotland. We are linked by an intense dislike of Sevco. Is there another country that has a team so universally detested? Can't think of one.

And of the Sevco fans I know one is I think a closet bigot whilst the others are more than decent, if misguided!

Love beating Hearts best, but hate the huns more.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    i love to hate hearts, i can't be arsed with celtic, and i absolutely revile rangers. i can understand why someone might end up supporting one of the former, but i just can't relate to supporting rangers - they are so, so vile.

tbh, i would genuinely rather see hearts win the league than rangers or celtic. they (hearts) would be insufferable, probably for decades, but any kind of a break of the strangle hold the old firm have had on that league since the 80s could only be a good thing. i would be so, so happy if rangers - and celtic, but especially rangers - went bust. i loved it the last time, actually, and was gutted they got allowed back into the league. hearts, on the other hand - i miss playing them, and the derbies last season were fantastic.
    Seriously?
    If we don't win cups, leagues I want anyone apart from the poppy thieves winning

It's quite a difficult question to answer in some respects. Through the years I have always disliked Hearts more than any other club, and despite disliking Rangers/Sevco almost equally, I really don't mind them beating Hearts at any time. I could go into more depth about my reasons for disliking them as much as I do, but in any case here's my top five in order of dislike.

1.Hearts
    2.Airdrie
    3.Sevco/Rangers
    4.Aberdeen
    5.Celtic

Sevco by some distance
    Celtic/Hearts
    Aberdeen
    Everyone else

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    For me the only team I truly hate is Sevco. The Poppy thieves and Celtc is more a get it right up ya kind of thing. In my time I've found civil members of the latter two to banter with. Any the Rangers fans who I would stretch to consider acquaintances still manage to reveal much bitterness and bigotry when push comes to shove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    It's quite a difficult question to answer in some respects. Through the years I have always disliked Hearts more than any other club, and despite disliking Rangers/Sevco almost equally, I really don't mind them beating Hearts at any time. I could go into more depth about my reasons for disliking them as much as I do, but in any case here's my top five in order of dislike.

1.Hearts
    2.Airdrie
    3.Sevco/Rangers
    4.Aberdeen
    5.Celtic
    I bloody hate airdrie. I remember the late 80s early 90s they beat us all the time with teams full of jambo rejects.

Got to be:
    Huns
    Hearts
    Hun/hearts, aka Airdrieonians

Left by mutual consent!
    Hearts are horrible like a bad fart joke. Sevco are dangerously horrible. Celtic are just patronizing as ****!

Falkirk and their wee jambo mentality that they have developed over the years disgusts me. They're worse than Airdrie fans these days.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Hertz
    Falkirk
    Servo
    Celtc
    Aberdeen

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Hate's a strong word. I find The Old Firm and Hearts very irksome at times. But I've friends who support all those teams.
    You are right of course - there are plenty of decent fans of all these teams, many of whom are friends and it's only football afterall. But hate is part of the bitter sweet lexicon of the football fan - "We hate Glasgow Rangers, We hate Celtic too (they're *****), We hate Heart of Midlothian, but the Hibees we love you" - that's just the way it is!

Personally, for me it's 1) Hearts, 2) Rangers 3) Celtic 4) Insert name of any team with a Hearts fud as manager - once upon a time The Yams would have come in a distant 3rd to Infirm, up until they won a few trophies and instantly became unbearable.

A few folk have summed it up in a way that hadn't crossed my mind before on threads like this one. I cant stand SEVCO more than any other club for all of the obvious reasons ... but I get more pleasure out of beating the Yams than any other club including SEVCO. There is nothing and I mean nothing better in football than watching Hibs stuff the Yams 'big team' pish down their throats.

Like everybody else I cant stand Celtic's brothers in arms 'oor wee cousins' patronising crap .... they can GTF and I love watching them get beat.