hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yesterday's attendance?

I heard the stadium announcer give the attendance as 14000 plus at the match. So it seems odd that the match report has the attendance as just under 13900?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard the stadium announcer give the attendance as 14000 plus at the match. So it seems odd that the match report has the attendance as just under 13900?
    There's more to life than worrying about the difference of 200 at a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    Yeah so it seems. Pointless replies to posts is the meaning of life..

Maybe they forgot to take off the free tickets then amended it later or something?

Still a good attendence for a November afternoon.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Probably the coldest I've been at a football match for a long time so fair play to the foot soldiers who turned up.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Maybe they forgot to take off the free tickets then amended it later or something?

Still a good attendence for a November afternoon.
    Yeah cracking turnout yet again 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Probably the coldest I've been at a football match for a long time so fair play to the foot soldiers who turned up.
    I went to the St Mirren Dunfermline game 5 15 kick off Was Balltiic and less than 2 000 home fans there
    They are in freefall and the new manager hasnt won a lesuge game The Natives were restless
    Our Attendances will probably dip as folk feel the pinch towards x mass but all things considered we are a Cllub on the up

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Our attendances have been really good.Hope it gives a bit more to spend in the transfer market.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Maybe not if you are in charge of the purse strings at St Johnstone. That was 10% of the crowd.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    160!

Looking a the highlights, the FF front looked about 1/3 full, yet the tickets for that section were almost completely sold out.

Loads of ST holders obviously didn't fancy the cold weather.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Hifhest attendance in Scotland yesterday?

The rugby would have caused a fair number not to go to our game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Second highest of the weekend behind Rangers.

The directors at every club in Scotland, apart from the club currently playing out of Ibrox and Celtic, would give their right nut for the level of attendances currently being seen at Easter Road.
    Last edited by emerald green; 20-11-2016 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typo

Difference of around 200 could be the QoS fans? The announcer definitely said total 14,060ish and said 200 away fans (although it didn't look that many of them to tbh).

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Didn't look anywhere near 14,000 to me yesterday. However, I am much more interested in the performance of the team (could and should have been 8 or more) than what the club say the attendance is. (let the yams concern themselves about those stats)

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Looking a the highlights, the FF front looked about 1/3 full, yet the tickets for that section were almost completely sold out.

Loads of ST holders obviously didn't fancy the cold weather.
    Lots of kids tickets there. It's so cheap for season tickets that even attending 3 or 4 games is good value so you'll always get people not turning up (or bringing the kids).

Quote Originally Posted by MB Crunch View Post
    Lots of kids tickets there. It's so cheap for season tickets that even attending 3 or 4 games is good value so you'll always get people not turning up (or bringing the kids).
    Indeed I've got one adult and two child season tickets there. My middle child only makes 3 or 4 games a season, but it saves me £23 to get him a season ticket.

The other two seats are occupied 9 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    The rugby would have caused a fair number not to go to our game IMO.
    This Scotland Rugby always clashing with Hibs home games is a pain in the bum in all honesty ... it no doubt has an affect on our crowds, if it is a deliberate scheduling policy we would be better playing at home the same weekend as Hearts but on the Sunday. Better that than lose fans to the bloody egg chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This Scotland Rugby always clashing with Hibs home games is a pain in the bum in all honesty ... it no doubt has an affect on our crowds, if it is a deliberate scheduling policy we would be better playing at home the same weekend as Hearts but on the Sunday. Better that than lose fans to the bloody egg chasing.
    Might be simpler to move our home game to the Sunday (3pm of course).
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Sevco were the highest.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    All 3 Scotland home 6 nations rugby games at murrayfield next Feb/March, are on the same day that we are at home in the League.
    Scotland v Ireland and Wales are 2.25pm ko's, and Scotland v Italy is a 12.30 KO
    Traffic is a nightmare coming from West Edinburgh

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I don't believe rugby has any significant impact on our crowds - there would be no justification in inconveniencing the rest of us by moving games to facilitate a few people who may wish to watch another sport rather than Hibs.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    I don't believe rugby has any significant impact on our crowds - there would be no justification in inconveniencing the rest of us by moving games to facilitate a few people who may wish to watch another sport rather than Hibs.
    Correct.

Agreed. Possibly only affects a few hundred folk at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    100% this, two years ago I travelled up to Edinburgh for the Scotland vs Ireland game with 6 lads from Manchester. They all then came to the Rangers game with me the day before I think or day after (we lost but they loved Easter Road). They are coming back up this time for the Ireland game again and are gutted Hibs are playing away from home as they loved making a weekend of it. I think we can work with Scotland rugby games if we have the game on separate days but on the same weekend.

I think its a great turnout, also I think one of the reasons the crowds have been up is due to the Persevere tour. It must be getting fans interested again and new fans also.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    100% this, two years ago I travelled up to Edinburgh for the Scotland vs Ireland game with 6 lads from Manchester. They all then came to the Rangers game with me the day before I think or day after (we lost but they loved Easter Road). They are coming back up this time for the Ireland game again and are gutted Hibs are playing away from home as they loved making a weekend of it. I think we can work with Scotland rugby games if we have the game on separate days but on the same weekend.
    Hibs are at home to Ayr the same day as Scotland play Ireland

Don`t think it`s just a question of Hibs fans going to rugby instead of ER . Is it not that more people have to work in shops , pubs and hotels ( and maybe police , security , transport , ... ) at weekends when there`s rugby at Murrayfield ? Ideally we wouldn`t be at home the weekends of Murrayfield matches ( fixtures this season suggest we are at home so Tynecastle doesn`t clash with nearby rugby ) since it`s not just about the people who might go to rugby instead of ER . Trying to attract visiting rugby fans to ER for a match has been one of many ideas to boost our crowds and international presence for many years . We played Swansea in a Friday night friendly ( no league match , must have been out of cup ) before Wales played at Murrayfield in the late 70s or early 80s and did get some Welsh fans at the match .