hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Are Ref's Cheating?

I was convinced Scottish refs were just poor but I honestly think they are doing all they can to keep us down. Every week is the same now it's way beyond a joke. That was a shocking performance today from Beaton I wouldn't let him ref an under 10's game never mind our games.

Beating the Huns really has upset a lot of people in the game it seems and not just the media.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    No.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I'm absolutely staggered that cheating hacking **** Baird never got booked throughout the game, Totally gobsmacked

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.
    Care to add more? What makes you so sure?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I'm absolutely staggered that cheating hacking **** Baird never got booked throughout the game, Totally gobsmacked
    Him along with a few others.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I was convinced Scottish refs were just poor but I honestly think they are doing all they can to keep us down. Every week is the same now it's way beyond a joke. That was a shocking performance today from Beaton I wouldn't let him ref an under 10's game never mind our games.

Beating the Huns really has upset a lot of people in the game it seems and not just the media.

No, behave. Enough of the paranoia. You just don't get away with tackles and barges that you used to.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No just incredibly incompetent.

No. refs and assistants in Scotland are just hopeless.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't blame the ref today for the result. Hibs should be doing a heck of a lot more in front of goal. Its shocking at times.

What Beaton did do however was lose a grip on the game right from the start. He let high tackles and overly physical play go and an early sending off was inevitable.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think we're on the end of enough bad refereeing performances to feel entitled to ask the question.

Beaton was incredibly bad today, if he's consciously ignoring the rules then when does that stop being incompetent and start becoming cheating?

Why no booking for their celebration? Whichever interpretation on the rules for bookings at celebrating a goal you have, that was a yellow. That's just one of the many bookable incidents he ignored today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

One of the most inept refereeing performances I've seen and I've seen quite a few.

Left by mutual consent!
    We can moan about refs all we want but we got away with McGregor hitting Hippolyte with a trailing arm in the first half , that was a red on its on. If firstly Shinnie hadn't given the ball away and secondly we defended the corner properly then we possibly would've won the match today.

Aye right enough. Do you think Taiwo would've got a straight red otherwise? Paranoia to match anything Celtic fans would come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    No, behave. Enough of the paranoia. You just don't get away with tackles and barges that you used to.
    Surely that must mean the same for both teams on the pitch Hermit? Two footed tackle by Baird waved away; Baird grabbing Hanlon by the neck ignored; Holt? pulled down in the box and ignored and their number 4 fouling right in front of assist. ref is ignored.
    Im with you in stamping down any conspiracy theories though. I just think the standard of reffing has been absolutely appalling in this division and we do seem to have had more than our fair share of dodgy decisions of late.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Funnily enough yon Baird did.

I assume you weren't there today, as you seem to be arguing a different point. Beaton was happy to let bookable offences - the tackles and barges you refer to - go quite unpunished.

I'm not sure why Darren was booked though, I don't think the referee even gave a foul?
    Obviously he didn't get away with something, although I'm not sure what.

First Team Regular ForeverHibs93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xox TopLad xox
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Aye right enough. Do you think Taiwo would've got a straight red otherwise? Paranoia to match anything Celtic fans would come out with.
    While I don't think they are, it's becoming a valid question with the fact Rodgers wasn't booked today, I found that genuinely incredible.

@hibs.net private member
    What about the time wasting by the Falkirk players and the kicking the ball away at free kicks - I would love to see how long the ball was actually in play today. If he had clamped down on it early and booked a few of them it would have cut it out. Shocking performance by Beaton and it does make you wonder as the OP questioned

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I was in the very same camp as all you were until today. Sorry but you can't tell me he never cheated today?

Care to add more? What makes you so sure?
    There was a similar discussion a few weeks ago....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...lan-Muir/page5

Don't want to bore everyone with my thoughts again but you'll get my drift from that link.

See this is what I used to think, but FFS enough is enough. It's every week now and when watching other Scottish games the refs are never this bad.

Hermit I'm not one thinking the world is against us but questions surely must be getting asked.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Funnily enough yon Baird did.

I assume you weren't there today, as you seem to be arguing a different point. Beaton was happy to let bookable offences - the tackles and barges you refer to - go quite unpunished.

I'm not sure why Darren was booked though, I don't think the referee even gave a foul?
    Obviously he didn't get away with something, although I'm not sure what.

I was there. I don't go to football to watch refs dish out yellows for tackles that are hard but fair, I'm not even convinced Taiwos was a red if I'm honest. Looked a 50/50 from where I was.

I've always thought not, now I'm beginning to wonder. We've only played just over a quarter of the season and the decisions we've had against us is a staggering amount so far. Not just decisions against us but lack of decisions against opposition teams.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    What about the time wasting by the Falkirk players and the kicking the ball away at free kicks - I would love to see how long the ball was actually in play today. If he had clamped down on it early and booked a few of them it would have cut it out. Shocking performance by Beaton and it does make you wonder as the OP questioned
    Exactly !......they (yet again) ripped the pish out of the officials and hibs with the time wasting. The keeper should have been booked well before the ref had a word with him. Then he proceeded to continue as before !....wtf
    Hate Falkirk with a passion.....tinpot clubs for sure
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

I was in the very same camp as all you were until today. Sorry but you can't tell me he never cheated today?

Cmon, if we'd taken our chances we would have won that match 4 or 5-1. Fact is we didn't.

In the recent Aberdeen Hamilton game the ref supposedly had a howler, same earlier today with Dundee Utd V Dunfermline.

Are the refs cheating these teams too?

We only really focus on our own teams and don't pay attention to others. Go on any fans forum site after a defeat and you will see similar threads. Not to much from the winning teams fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    We can moan about refs all we want but we got away with McGregor hitting Hippolyte with a trailing arm in the first half , that was a red on its on. If firstly Shinnie hadn't given the ball away and secondly we defended the corner properly then we possibly would've won the match today.
    Fyvie had an off the ball kick at baird just before half time unseen by beaton - kick was not hard enough.

I honestly just think it's sheer incompetence. Beaton was poor today but I do not think it's an SFA conspiracy. We don't have a great bunch of refs at the moment unfortunately. Simple as that in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    He deserved that smack in the pus for his earlier atrocity although perhaps marginally less than Miller and Baird. They should have 4 or 5 players in suspension every game with the number of fouls and physical assaults.

I think there has to come a point where you have to look at some diabolical referee "performances" and wonder if there's maybe more to it than sheer incompetence. In other words, where incompetence simply can't be used as an excuse. Where, for example, a referee can be seen to be turning a blind eye to things for no apparent or logical reason.

If most people in attendance can clearly see that the referee is simply not doing his job by applying the rules fairly, consistently, impartially and correctly, then surely it's reasonable to ask why that's the case?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    He deserved that smack in the pus for his earlier atrocity although perhaps marginally less than Miller and Baird. They should have 4 or 5 players in suspension every game with the number of fouls and physical assaults.
    That's beside the point. It's not the officials fault that we cannot score enough goals to win a game.