hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Sort out our conversion rate or we're staying in this league.

Today was one of our best performances of the whole season - IF you don't count the number of goals we've actually scored. This is a CHRONIC problem that we've had not only ever since we've been down here but the season we were relegated too. We simply CANNOT convert dominance, chances, even shots at ****ing goal into goals and we have NEVER even looked like fixing it.

How easy was it to predict that Falkirk would get less than 3 clear cut chances and score 1 of them? How easy was it to predict that we would have all the dominance, all the possession and score less than 3 goals? We need to address this and soon - no ****ing about - or we'll end up not having the money to buy players that can sustain yet another promotion push.

Really angry watching that - a carbon copy of almost every game we play against Falkirk this season. We deserved way more than a point out of that and yet it was the same old story.

2. Log in to remove the advert

There's been a similar pattern in most of our games for over two years.

Our goals to shots ratio is pathetic and the opposition invariably convert 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 of their shots at goal.

Hibs should really have been out of sight long before the end... again.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Today showed us the lack of quality we have in the wide positions, Gray and Stevenson once again couldn't beat the first man with their appalling efforts at crossing.

Then we bring on Harris who's frightened to go outside his man, and the once or twice he did he was easily muscled off the ball.

We just dont create enough chances, and we dont convert enough of the ones we do.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Said it before and I'll say it again, Lennon came in late to the party, took too long to assess the squad, underestimated the sheer mediocrity throughout our squad and made limited signings of minimal improvement.

Was never convinced he was the right man for the job and remain to be convinced. I find his teams mirror the man, dour and uninspiring. He needs his team to improve massively and a with a crucial set of games coming up he needs them to do it quickly and then a very important transfer window follows for him.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today showed us the lack of quality we have in the wide positions, Gray and Stevenson once again couldn't beat the first man with their appalling efforts at crossing.

Then we bring on Harris who's frightened to go outside his man, and the once or twice he did he was easily muscled off the ball.

We just dont create enough chances, and we dont convert enough of the ones we do.
    Stevenson put in a number of good crosses (and a number of bad ones before you start) but when only one player makes any effort to get into the box there's not much more he can do!

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    There's been a similar pattern in most of our games for over two years.

Our goals to shots ratio is pathetic and the opposition invariably convert 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 of their shots at goal.

I've been saying this for over two years. I wonder why it's never been addressed by our managers...?

Alex Harris needs to be shown the door...he is simply not good enough
    ...and we need a left full back who can cross the ball...I love wee Lewis but the number of waster crosses today was criminal

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Been converting fine the last 3 weeks, isnt easy vs 10 defenders.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex the Hibee View Post
    I've been saying this for over two years. I wonder why it's never been addressed by our managers...?
    Did we miss clear chances today or were we not creating chances & shooting in desperation? I'd be more worried if it was the latter. The goals to shots ratio can be misleading. A great save, or a superb shot striking woodwork is treated exactly the same as missing an open goal from a yard. I've said all season we'll win the league based on our away form. NL is a cautious manager. Playing 3 centre backs at home is unnecessary IMO given Sevco are no longer in our league. We've only had 1 really good home performance, against Morton. Time to be more expansive.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Stevenson put in a number of good crosses (and a number of bad ones before you start) but when only one player makes any effort to get into the box there's not much more he can do!
    I must have watched a different game to you?

Goals win games

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Today was one of our best performances of the whole season - IF you don't count the number of goals we've actually scored. This is a CHRONIC problem that we've had not only ever since we've been down here but the season we were relegated too. We simply CANNOT convert dominance, chances, even shots at ****ing goal into goals and we have NEVER even looked like fixing it.

How easy was it to predict that Falkirk would get less than 3 clear cut chances and score 1 of them? How easy was it to predict that we would have all the dominance, all the possession and score less than 3 goals? We need to address this and soon - no ****ing about - or we'll end up not having the money to buy players that can sustain yet another promotion push.

Really angry watching that - a carbon copy of almost every game we play against Falkirk this season. We deserved way more than a point out of that and yet it was the same old story.
    Hard to disagree, with the above, I did not manage to get to the game today so difficult to comment on a one-off game but it is as you rightly say a problem area at ER and has been for some time, perhaps I have just been spoiled in the past having seen so many great goalscorers at ER, but I will say this again, we need to go out and spend some real cash to get out of this league and that means spending on a real proven experienced goalscorer, JC is not enough, if we dont the other way to do it is to go out and bring in a load of journeymen players who know this league and know how to get out of it, I would rather the first option otherwise we turn into a team like the rankers or perhaps worse the previous bunch of **** who ran away wi this league.

Time to get real and to realise that while this present team has given more than we could even have dreamed off I in my humble opinion dont think they yet have enough to get us out of this horrible league, and the longer it goes on the more difficult it becomes as resources dwindle away.

I hoped Shinnie would help our goal scoring but he was hopeless again today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Alex Harris needs to be shown the door...he is simply not good enough
    ...and we need a left full back who can cross the ball...I love wee Lewis but the number of waster crosses today was criminal

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Agree with this. Laddie is scared of his own shadow. On at least 2 occasions he had 30/40 yards of space to drive into and his 1st thought was to cut inside and offload the ball. When he did try to go outside he was brushed aside like he wasn't there.

Few folk around me, and myself as well, thought there was a couple of times other players looked like they didn't want to pass to him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    We need a prolific experienced finisher who isn't scared to shoot , we continually try and walk it in , with the amount of shots we have on goal each game we should be murdering all teams were up against

Stevenson never beat the first man today

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    Stevenson never beat the first man today
    He did on a number of occasions, he also never on a number of occasions

It's crazy that we started yet another campaign so light on goalscorers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Agree with this. Laddie is scared of his own shadow. On at least 2 occasions he had 30/40 yards of space to drive into and his 1st thought was to cut inside and offload the ball. When he did try to go outside he was brushed aside like he wasn't there.

Few folk around me, and myself as well, thought there was a couple of times other players looked like they didn't want to pass to him.
    Holt had a go at him twice, he looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I must have watched a different game to you?
    I also thought he stuck a few good crosses in. Falkirk had 8 men in the 18 yard box at times so it's luck if we can get on the end of it! But some of the crosses he done were frustrating.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Its just ,sadly,not going to happen for him imo, I was one of his biggest champions, if Im honest I've probably been guilty of hoping he'd show his early form again and ignoring what he is currently producing for too long. You're right there was 2 or 3 opportunities when he could have been positive and driven into the space in front of him but checked inside to take an easy option.

He did on a number of occasions, he also never on a number of occasions
    Correct.

Our chances to goals ratio is awful. I wasn't even annoyed when Falkirk scored as I've seen it all before.

We could easily have had four or five yesterday but a 1-1 draw is so frustrating. I just hope it doesn't cost us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Our conversion rate has us top of the pile so far and will have us top of the pile at the end of the season

Shocking stats to read.

We can blame refs and other teams tactics but we have to sort the scoring and shooting out.

Sorry meant to post the stats

Shots Hibs 20, Falkirk 2
    On Target Hibs 5, Falkirk 1
    Corners Hibs 18, Falkirk 1

Out of the 20 shots we had we only managed 5 on target and 1 goal. Falkirk managed to score 1 goal from their only corner and only shot on target. Eighteen corners, yes that's right eighteen corners which were a total waste of time. Shocking
    Last edited by Real Emerald; 13-11-2016 at 11:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Stevenson's crossing was better than Gray's yesterday but as always he's an easy target for the boo boys. I thought Shinnie played well and was positive but like Stevenson and McGinn made errors because he was forcing the game. Harris is just not good enough why Carmichael was released and he was kept is beyond me. If I'm being honest I don't think Lennon has improved us a team.

This is a result of Lennon's chronic style of play. Lump up to the big guy, get as many corners as possible (18 yesterday?) and hope we bundle it over the line. Until he does away with that pish we're never going to be scoring 3 or 4 in a game.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Dont know why harris gets a game.He is living on his past glory from cup semi.Better players have been let go

Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    This is a result of Lennon's chronic style of play. Lump up to the big guy, get as many corners as possible (18 yesterday?) and hope we bundle it over the line. Until he does away with that pish we're never going to be scoring 3 or 4 in a game.
    We tried more than lump it yesterday. Lennon was furious at Gray and McGinn not passing it more and keeping things simple. We tried to cut down their defence with balls wide, balls crossed into the box, long range efforts, passing to feet into the box. We just couldn't score
    The corners were a result that we can't beat and man then cross

Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    Really? We scored 3 last week. 3 against Dunfermline as well. 4 against Morton too.

Apart from that, though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Really? We scored 3 last week. 3 against Dunfermline as well. 4 against Morton too.

Apart from that, though, right?

3 times out of 13 games we've scored more than 2, scored less than Dundee Utd and consistently fail to break down average teams due to our obvious tactics. Cut them open at pace and we'll beat these teams with ease.