2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Charlie Adam: 3-2

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.scotzine.com/2016/11/my-f...s-exiled-adam/

You couldn't lace his boots ya welt.
    “I am not saying I am the best player for Scotland"......Should have stopped yakking right there Charlie.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Well SJM plays in the championship unless I'm very much mistaken

Charlie Adam is the Alan Hutton of Scottish Midfielders, glad he's been frozen out. No progress will be made with guys like him who's best years are past them.

Charlie .... that's yer dentist on the phone
    This is how it feels

Yeah can understand Charlie Adams point,i mean you want your best players giving it everything for the 90 minutes and SJM just aint as good at that as Charlie is......oh by the way who is the no 10 at 1.38 in the video??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=186hb76pbJc

He is right IMO. He is better than McGinn who hasn't even been our best Scottish midfielder this season.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 09-11-2016 at 07:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Charlie Adam, for those who didn't know, isn't a Hun. He's a Dundee fan.

Bitter wee man. take it you went for a pee when brains were handed out. Muppet.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    But aside from us personalising the issue with SJM he does have a point about WGS and some of his squad choices .

Charlie Adam's yesterday's man.

SJM is Scotland's future and of course should be involved at least in Scotland's squads.

Bye Charlie.

You have to think that any Scot playing regularly in the Eng Prem should walk in to the Scot's squad if not team. Why are guys like Morrison an Whittaker not playing? Why are we playing the guy Martin, he couldnae score in a brothel wi a £50 not hanging of his ass! I actually think Strach's made an arse of it, time to go.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Unprofessional player who could have done so much more if he could have stayed out the chippies. Just about hun style envy now.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He is right IMO. He is better than McGinn who hasn't even our best Scottish midfielder this season.
    Your right, at the present time, about both. Adam has sustained a career in the EPL for a good few years, if Mc Ginn manages that, he'll have had a fine career.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    You have to think that any Scot playing regularly in the Eng Prem should walk in to the Scot's squad if not team. Why are guys like Morrison an Whittaker not playing? Why are we playing the guy Martin, he couldnae score in a brothel wi a £50 not hanging of his ass! I actually think Strach's made an arse of it, time to go.
    Thing is....think the weekend past was adams first 90 mins of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    But aside from us personalising the issue with SJM he does have a point about WGS and some of his squad choices .
    Have to agree. I realise we all have our individual opinions about who should be in the Scotland squad but I find some of his squad/team selections rather odd.
    Adam also made comments publicly about the re-admission of Scott Brown to the squad.
    I'm detecting some sources grapes on his part.
    Overall, whilst his comments are petulant and childish at least they show he's hurting about being omitted and that he cares about playing for Scotland.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Your right, at the present time, about both. Adam has sustained a career in the EPL for a good few years, if Mc Ginn manages that, he'll have had a fine career.

agreed, lets be honest...does anyone think SJM will play 150+ EPL games?? i don't hope I'm wrong....

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Scotland need to play young players and get them up to speed with international football rather than using overweight nobodies at the twilight of their careers such as Charlie Adam. Build for the future rather than persisting with the ever-failing present.

Its harder for creative types in leagues like the Scottish Championship, getting 2-3 players man-marking/clattering them every game. Joey Barton came here and has done ****** all in the games he's played despite being a key player for Burnley last year.

McGinn had a MOTM performance in his first Scotland game against Denmark, probably better than Charlie Adam has ever played for us!

Tell me you're not really saying that the Scottish Championship is harder for creative players than the English Premiership?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He is right IMO. He is better than McGinn who hasn't even been our best Scottish midfielder this season.
    No problem accepting that as a comparison between the two but why have a gripe now? He was a young Scottish player coming through himself once.

Is his recent form enough to give him what he wants? Would that be progress?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2nd start+subs.

For an overweight nobody Adam has accumulated over 18 million in transfer fees, started 177 EPl games with 33 league goals.

Green tinted specs are understandable, but some folk need to take a wee reality check.

Personally, I'm surprised McGinn has become a regular in the Scotland squad given that he hasn't been in his own top form for the past six months. The odd good game, but he needs to develop more variety to his game and score more goals. He's an important player for us, but at the moment it's a wee bit typical of Strachan's idiosyncratic approach that he is in the squad at all.

Against England on Friday our chances are going to be limited to say the least. Set pieces are probably our best hope of getting a result. Charlie Adam may look like he enjoys a piece more than the next man but there's not too many with as good a left foot in a league that lets face it is better than the Scottish Championship. I don't like the way he's been going on in the media with the game coming up but it's hard to argue with some of his points. Saying that HE's no better than Zidane..

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I'm not defending Strachan but he's made it pretty clear that he prefers a more physical number 9. That's often then a choice between Martin or Fletcher. Personally don't see why we shouldn't play Griffiths on his own or with one of them.

One thing that annoys me is the whining from some fans on "Why isn't Ross McCormack or Jordan Rhodes in?" Well neither are better than Griffiths so why include them?

Chris Martin has twice as many goals in the same division as McCormack this year anyway. And a fairly comparable record to McCormack in the past 3 seasons.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    2nd start+subs.

For an overweight nobody Adam has accumulated over 18 million in transfer fees, started 177 EPl games with 33 league goals.

Green tinted specs are understandable, but some folk need to take a wee reality check.

Personally, I'm surprised McGinn has become a regular in the Scotland squad given that he hasn't been in his own top form for the past six months. The odd good game, but he needs to develop more variety to his game and score more goals. He's an important player for us, but at the moment it's a wee bit typical of Strachan's idiosyncratic approach that he is in the squad at all.

Hard to disagree. However the cowardly attack on McGinn is unhelpful and unnecessary. Would like to see the Adam reaction to being singled out not even by name but circumstances by a senior pro as he made his way in the game.

Unprofessional

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Have to agree. I realise we all have our individual opinions about who should be in the Scotland squad but I find some of his squad/team selections rather odd.
    Adam also made comments publicly about the re-admission of Scott Brown to the squad.
    I'm detecting some sources grapes on his part.
    Overall, whilst his comments are petulant and childish at least they show he's hurting about being omitted and that he cares about playing for Scotland.
    Adam said as much himself that some of Strachans recent calls have been bizarre. Starting Burke against Lithuania and then not making the 18 for Slovakia for starters.

His other moan is that Strachan left him out after telling him there was no point him sitting on the bench for a friendly. Adam says he would be happy to be in the squad and fight for his place.

He needs to read between the lines. It's pretty obvious Strachan doesn't trust him and lots of Scotland fans wouldn't forgive him for his performance against Wales a few years back.

I think Adam is right that on quality he should be in the squad, Stoke often use him effectively as an impact sub. But will a new manager or the rest of the squad welcome him back after these unnecessary public comments??? Doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Hard to disagree. However the cowardly attack on McGinn is unhelpful and unnecessary. Would like to see the Adam reaction to being singled out not even by name but circumstances by a senior pro as he made his way in the game.

Unprofessional
    Cowardly? A tad over the top. He expresses frustration at not being given a chance and highlights the disparity between the respective leagues. A bit unprofessional probably, but he's in game where you should be judged on ability and it can be a fine line between making your point and toeing the line like a good boy. I don't think he intended any disrespect on SJM.

I suspect McGinn has every confidence in his own abilities and that Strachan will have made his own belief in him very clear. I doubt very much that SJM will give much thought to Adam's comments.

Cowardly will be Strachan if we get beat and he doesn't do the decent thing and GTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post

Unprofessional
    Agree 100%. John McGinn has the potential to be a key Scotland player and he is in the squad on merit. Dont care what league you play in, and how big a cheese you think you are, but slagging off other players selected instead of you shows lack of class. Fwiw I think Adam had a better career than I expected when I first saw him playing. However he is now lucky to get on as a sub and imho John McGinn even takes a better free kick than he does, which is his main contribution now!

Quote Originally Posted by rossevenil View Post
    Yeah can understand Charlie Adams point,i mean you want your best players giving it everything for the 90 minutes and SJM just aint as good at that as Charlie is......oh by the way who is the no 10 at 1.38 in the video??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=186hb76pbJc
    a proper Charlie!

Testimonial Due
    2nd start+subs.

Totally agree, and have said before i cant believe he is in the scotland squad.

As somebody else said above, he is not even Hibs best scottish midfield player.

Adam should be in before mcginn