hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Callum Crane

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

Callum Crane

Hearing the lad has told Lennon he wants away from hibs. Not getting a chance to play is his reason.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Where you hearing this ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearing the lad has told Lennon he wants away from hibs. Not getting a chance to play is his reason.

Can see his point. Told he couldnt go out on loan as he was back up for Stevenson. Stevenson is suspended and the lad is ignored. Good player and needs the chance to make his mark in the game soon. Must be really frustrating for him.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    i've never seen the lad play so can't really comment on his abilities.

However its understandable that someone of his age wants to experience first team football on a fairly regular basis, at least he's showing that he's ambitious.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Get him out on loan to one of the part time sides in our league in January.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Can see his point. When wee Lewis was suspended he should have been a swap in but other players were moved to other positions
    That is probably all the message you need to show that you need to try something different. A loan and regular football sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Where you hearing this ?
    Friends of his

Its pretty unfair on the guy to tell him he cant go on loan because he's backup for Stevenson and then not play him when Stevenson is suspended. If Lennon is determined to play Hanlon at LB in the event Stevenson cant play then he should stop messing Crane about and let him go on loan in January.

Crane showed enough against Birmingham City to prove he is a promising player .... he is going to stagnate in the development squad and needs first team football in order to fulfil his potential.

Sadly inevitable.

Friends of his

Sure he will love you making it public knowledge then
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Sure he will love you making it public knowledge then
    If Crane has told his friends and they're telling people then it is already public knowledge.

The player should be wanting to play regularly at this stage in his career and, as others have pointed out, he didn't get the opportunity to do so in Stevenson's absence which means this is no surprise to anyone.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I find that announcement very very strange , a young lad who has just signed a new contract and has demanded game time or he is away... I smell a YAM

@hibs.net private member
    He'll be lucky to get a full time team if he leaves Hibs permanently. Whilst he has potential he lacks top team experience. Clearly Lennon does not think he's ready for Hibs first team.

First Team Regular
    Not wanting to put the lad down cause no doubt he is highly rated but in the chance he did get (Turiff United) he looked well off the pace. Hope he gets given a shot at some point anyway so we can actually make our mind up!

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    Not wanting to put the lad down cause no doubt he is highly rated but in the chance he did get (Turiff United) he looked well off the pace. Hope he gets given a shot at some point anyway so we can actually make our mind up!
    Agree with this defensively he looked very weak in that match and sure his time will come

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I watch the 20s most weeks and the lad cruises most games. I expect he was hacked off at being overlooked as Stevensons replacement.
    Ive watched some of the 1st team guys play with the 20s and show up really badly then get slotted into the 1st team the following Saturday.That doesn't exactly send a good message to the likes of Crane and Martin who are expected to perform well in the 20s every week and not get a sniff of the 1st team.
    Crane and Martin were outstanding against Dundee utd last week and both deserve a chance imo .

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by indiejak1413 View Post
    I watch the 20s most weeks and the lad cruises most games. I expect he was hacked off at being overlooked as Stevensons replacement.
    Ive watched some of the 1st team guys play with the 20s and show up really badly then get slotted into the 1st team the following Saturday.That doesn't exactly send a good message to the likes of Crane and Martin who are expected to perform well in the 20s every week and not get a sniff of the 1st team.
    Crane and Martin were outstanding against Dundee utd last week and both deserve a chance imo .

Thought Martin might've got a chance yesterday when McGinn went off. Surely Crane can't be demanding a transfer though? He's a young boy ffs! Know your place and work hard to get yourself to the level required instead of running away. Loan move would be a wise move.

I watch the 20s most weeks .....
    So does Lennon. If Crane is becomes good enough for the first team he'll play. If not................... . The football graveyard is full of players who think they are better than they are or ever will be.

If he thinks there's a queue of clubs waiting to pay a transfer fee for him in January the answer is simple. Buy out his contract and wait to be reimbursed by a comparable signing on fee. God luck with that.

Of course, an alternative view is that the story is a pile of BS'

He should have been given a chance when Stevenson was suspended,, was he not on the bench ? if so he should have played. We are in the first division and our back up left back should be able to handle the opposition at the level we are at at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar

From watching him in the development league. In your option does he stay switched on for the full 90?

I heard the same noises when Ryan Baptie didn't get a shout last year and there are 100's before him.

The jump to 1st team football at the level hibs want players to be at is huge and shouldn't be underestimated.

If Crane's good enough then I'm sure he'll have a host of clubs ready to sign him during January.

Against Birmingham he played well, well enough to be given an opportunity when Stevenson was suspended, god knows he would not have been worse than Hanlon, who proved once and for all he is not a LB. I have to wonder if young players like Martin and Crane are not getting a chance because of the pressure on us to win every game. that being the case if and when we build up a lead they might get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    From watching him in the development league. In your option does he stay switched on for the full 90?
    I would say Crane and Martin are the 2 most switched on players in the 20s, young Martin is very aware and always picks his passes well, Crane is very quick and direct and makes some good runs down the left hand side. Probably better wing back than full back imo.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It has taken me a very long time and even now I have my doubts sometimes but I think I have come to understand that the guy picking the team every week who sees the players in training and in pre-season and under 20's games is probably better placed to pick the team than I am.

I have supported Hibs for well over 40 years and for most of that time there have been supporters (of which I have often been one) clamouring that so and so from the reserves should get his chance.

I could probably count on the fingers of one hand, definitely on two, the number of players over that time who someone was certain should get their chance at Hibs who didn't, that have caused me to regret that Hibs didn't give them their opportunity.

If I stretched to counting my toes as well I could definitely also count the number of players who made fleeting appearances for the team but never cemented a regular place who moved on and made me regret it.

If you consider the amount of really crap managers we have had over that period as well, you might come to the conclusion that crap as some of them were, the manager of the day knows a players worth better than we do and we should leave them to get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    I find that announcement very very strange , a young lad who has just signed a new contract and has demanded game time or he is away... I smell a YAM
    Your nose and information isn't very good then...enough said
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    He'll be lucky to get a full time team if he leaves Hibs permanently. Whilst he has potential he lacks top team experience. Clearly Lennon does not think he's ready for Hibs first team.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    It has taken me a very long time and even now I have my doubts sometimes but I think I have come to understand that the guy picking the team every week who sees the players in training and in pre-season and under 20's games is probably better placed to pick the team than I am.

I have supported Hibs for well over 40 years and for most of that time there have been supporters (of which I have often been one) clamouring that so and so from the reserves should get his chance.

I could probably count on the fingers of one hand, definitely on two, the number of players over that time who someone was certain should get their chance at Hibs who didn't, that have caused me to regret that Hibs didn't give them their opportunity.

If I stretched to counting my toes as well I could definitely also count the number of players who made fleeting appearances for the team but never cemented a regular place who moved on and made me regret it.

If you consider the amount of really crap managers we have had over that period as well, you might come to the conclusion that crap as some of them were, the manager of the day knows a players worth better than we do and we should leave them to get on with it.
    Couldn't agree more. Crane had a first team game recently and didn't really shine so can see why maybe he was overlooked. He certainly shouldn't play just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Get him out on loan to one of the part time sides in our league in January.
    Dumbarton's the only part time side in our league.

and dont we get a chance to hear what Lennon's views on this are? as many posters have already said, we have heard this so many times of other young stars. It does no good to push your managers buttons this way. Especially someone of Lennon's temperament and experience.

Ive seen this lad play and yes he is a good young player and showed up well in friendlies and a couple of shows in the first team. Lennon has said that he is a good young player and thats what he is! He will welcome the unwanted attention your posting will bring him. If you have heard this from him or anyone close to him you wont be friends much longer.

This is the sort of thing the young players get into trouble for and even when its not them posting. Let him play his football and if he is good enough he will come through. Lennon will know when he is ready to play first team football or be given a loan spell. Just be patient!

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

So why keep these young guys playing week in week out at 20s level. They are also playing for a very basic wage so why wouldnt they want to better themselves. Theyre not allowed out on loan but Hibs can charge a development fee if they move on. At the end of the day whats the point of having all these guys there if the management team have no intention of playing them .

Similar situation possibly as with Calum Booth ?
    Lot of us thought he was a future star
    A move didn't do him any harm !!

2010–2015 Hibernian 40 (3)
    2010 → Arbroath (loan) 15 (1)
    2010 → Brechin City (loan) 11 (2)
    2012–2013 → Livingston (loan) 31 (1)
    2013–2014 → Raith Rovers (loan) 35 (3)
    2015 → Partick Thistle (loan) 14 (0)
    2015– Partick Thistle 39 (2)
    National team‡
    2008–2010 Scotland U19[1] 13 (0)
    2010–2011 Scotland U21[2] 4 (0)