hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Boyle

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar

Martin Boyle

The lad deserves his own thread tonight. He ran his socks off, was always an attacking threat, scored a great goal and gave the St Mirren defence no peace.

To quote my mate,' Ge us like a wee dug chasing a piece of paper'.

Easily the MoM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Great game. Very pleased for him, he's an exciting player and gives 100%. I initially thought it was a poor call as i thought he was a better impact player but I was proved wrong.

:topmarks:
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Great composed finish for his goal but then missed easier 1-on-1s. Having said that a buzz-bomb performance and easily MOM

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Very very good game. Delighted for him as many of us had suspicions that he'd do what he tends to sometimes do - make a great cameo sub appearance, be rewarded with a start the following week and then fail to deliver. Today he delivered, big time! Always a threat. A bit of pace and drive in this league pays dividends. His chip goal was also a beauty!

If MoM had gone to anyone else today, we'd have been justified to have a pitch invasion in protest.

His best game in a green and white shirt by a mile.

Did he not get MoM one time before after only being on field for 20 minutes or so? Mind you it was deserved given the thunderbolt winner of a goal he scored that night against Dumbarton.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I thought he was superb today and not just his work rate, he was much more than a headless chicken today.

I disagree with a couple of posts on this thread though, I think Holt and Fyvie ran him pretty close for motm and if it'd gone to one of them I wouldn't have had any complaints.

Well deserved MOTM. That was a great reaction he got when it was announced.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If MoM had gone to anyone else today, we'd have been justified to have a pitch invasion in protest.

His best game in a green and white shirt by a mile.

Did he not get MoM one time before after only being on field for 20 minutes or so? Mind you it was deserved given the thunderbolt winner of a goal he scored that night against Dumbarton.
    I dunno if he got MOTM but that goal was against Livi. Incredible stuff.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I dunno if he got MOTM but that goal was against Livi. Incredible stuff.
    It was. I was sat next to my livi supporting pal as it went in.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    The lad deserves his own thread tonight. He ran his socks off, was always an attacking threat, scored a great goal and gave the St Mirren defence no peace.

To quote my mate,' Ge us like a wee dug chasing a piece of paper'.

Easily the MoM.

When he turns it on he is a star player. He did it today. Just the kind of performance and work-rate we need. Well done Martin.

GGTTH

Great performance by the lad today. Keep it up!

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    He's ****ing rapid!! Had an outstanding game today. Gives us something no other player in our squad can. Really rate him.

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Much deserved standing ovation when he went off. Nothing you want more from a player on the fringes than grabbing his opportunity and being the best player on the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phenomenal performance. Aside from the running at defenders making them **** themselves everytime he went near them, his all round game was almost perfect.

He won aerial duels and held the ball up extremely well against guys twice his build . Overall link up play was outstanding.

Said to my mate at the game I'm worried about the Jase situation but maybe he needs to pay some attention to hard working guys like Boyle.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I thought he was superb today and not just his work rate, he was much more than a headless chicken today.

I disagree with a couple of posts on this thread though, I think Holt and Fyvie ran him pretty close for motm and if it'd gone to one of them I wouldn't have had any complaints.
    Agree with this 100%. Boyle was great and ran their defence ragged but Fyvie and Holt's contributions were fantastic as well. Thought Fyvie was very busy and shook off the knock he got very well. The big man scored and worked really hard all game and just started to tire a wee bit before going off.

On the downside is it just me or is Shinnie so out of form it's ridiculous. Thought he was poor, hoping he really comes onto a game soon but just not impressed at all today and not for the first time this season with him.

Lennon 1 Hibs.net (including me) 0.

Thought Boyle was much better as an impact sub as he showed last week, and was a poor starter as he has shown already this season.

Well done Neil, you proved us wrong. He was the dug's b*ws!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Phenomenal performance. Aside from the running at defenders making them **** themselves everytime he went near them, his all round game was almost perfect.

He won aerial duels and held the ball up extremely well against guys twice his build . Overall link up play was outstanding.

Said to my mate at the game I'm worried about the Jase situation but maybe he needs to pay some attention to hard working guys like Boyle.
    I'm not in the least worried about the Jason situation .The others are keeping him out.Its Jason that should be worried. Boyle deserved his start after turning the Dunfermline game and he took it.
    That's now the team

First Team Regular
    Am I the only one who thought Boyle had a decent game but thinks Shinnie, Hanlon and Holt would be more worthy winners of motm?

Quote Originally Posted by Crammond Hibee View Post
    I'm not in the least worried about the Jason situation .The others are keeping him out.Its Jason that should be worried. Boyle deserved his start after turning the Dunfermline game and he took it.
    That's now the team
    I hear exactly what you're saying and I'm delighted Boyle has done the business in the last game and a bit but when our top goal scorer for the last 2 seasons (and current top scorer) isn't getting any sort of look in. It worries me.

If Boyle struggles next game the fans will be begging NL to bring back Jase so my point is more that I hope there is no long term issue here

Quote Originally Posted by fishybeaver View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Boyle had a decent game but thinks Shinnie, Hanlon and Holt would be more worthy winners of motm?
    No you`re not . I would have given it to Shinnie , Fyvie or Holt before Boyle but Martin put in a great shift and I expect him to be important in Ayr too . Against the weaker teams in our division ( the 3 teams we play / have played last week , today and next week ) I think he`s a great option from start or from bench , against stronger teams I haven`t seen anything to suggest he deserves a place but he has a great attitude and will hopefully prove me wrong .

Shows you what pace can do in this league. Boyle is more than that though, very classy finish for the opener.

Get at teams early and get the game won early. That is what we done today, job done and comfortably.

Very well done today. I was hearing around me that today was boring but I disagree. After last week and this, firmly back on track

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    No you`re not . I would have given it to Shinnie , Fyvie or Holt before Boyle but Martin put in a great shift and I expect him to be important in Ayr too . Against the weaker teams in our division ( the 3 teams we play / have played last week , today and next week ) I think he`s a great option from start or from bench , against stronger teams I haven`t seen anything to suggest he deserves a place but he has a great attitude and will hopefully prove me wrong .
    Agree with that when you look at him, Jason and Harris we've got some decent options that are fit at the moment.

boyle and link up play

Agree with that when you look at him, Jason and Harris we've got some decent options that are fit at the moment.
    Well Holt and Boyle link so well now, with JC not playing they seem to be able to roam more freely to great effect..much more fluid play and much improved passing all round...even when our usual best player was not at his peak for most of the game,it did not matter due to an all round team performance topped by Boyle who ran his socks off..reminded me of Jimmy O'Rourke with his energy ...

Great performance by Boyle today, ye gods he chased down everything, was always looking for the ball and took his goal really well. Surprised to see nobody mention Paul Hanlon though, he was superb especially in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    Well Holt and Boyle link so well now, with JC not playing they seem to be able to roam more freely to great effect..much more fluid play and much improved passing all round...even when our usual best player was not at his peak for most of the game,it did not matter due to an all round team performance topped by Boyle who ran his socks off..reminded me of Jimmy O'Rourke with his energy ...
    I remember Jimmy O`R for his clinical finishing something I definitely don`t associate with Boyle . Likewise I don`t remember Jimmy for his pace .

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Great performance by Boyle today, ye gods he chased down everything, was always looking for the ball and took his goal really well. Surprised to see nobody mention Paul Hanlon though, he was superb especially in the first half.
    I did 😉

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Mental how people's opinions can differ eh? I thought both Holt and Shinnie were average at best today and Boyle was without a doubt a stand out and MOTM. If anyone pushed him close it was Stevenson or McGregor who were both fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Boyle was easily MOTM
    But those others were good.
    He did it last week and this and is lightening
    No one else is
    He is a great foil for Holt

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    Agree with this 100%. Boyle was great and ran their defence ragged but Fyvie and Holt's contributions were fantastic as well. Thought Fyvie was very busy and shook off the knock he got very well. The big man scored and worked really hard all game and just started to tire a wee bit before going off.

On the downside is it just me or is Shinnie so out of form it's ridiculous. Thought he was poor, hoping he really comes onto a game soon but just not impressed at all today and not for the first time this season with him.
    Shinnie linked play from back to front well.
    McGinn was poor

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    I hear exactly what you're saying and I'm delighted Boyle has done the business in the last game and a bit but when our top goal scorer for the last 2 seasons (and current top scorer) isn't getting any sort of look in. It worries me.

If Boyle struggles next game the fans will be begging NL to bring back Jase so my point is more that I hope there is no long term issue here
    I'm not worried when winning .Jason will be back .Not the best option at the moment