hibs.net Messageboard

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1414

Thread: Wwe

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see AEW have pushed the time back a bit for the start time.Always wanted to go to a live wrestling event, Hibs comes first though.
    They've not pushed it back, they've brought it forward an hour.5 o clock instead of 6.The matches confirmed last night pretty much get everyone I want to see confirmed on the card.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I see AEW have pushed the time back a bit for the start time.Always wanted to go to a live wrestling event, Hibs comes first though.
    Wouldn’t ever challenge anyone’s choice to go to see Hibs, but worth pointing out that neither WWE or AEW come to the uk very often…

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Wouldn’t ever challenge anyone’s choice to go to see Hibs, but worth pointing out that neither WWE or AEW come to the uk very often…
    Aye, I'm a season ticket holder, but the chance to go to All in or see hibs v livi for the 90th time in my life is a no brainer in the other direction for me!Still, different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    They've not pushed it back, they've brought it forward an hour.5 o clock instead of 6.The matches confirmed last night pretty much get everyone I want to see confirmed on the card.
    My bad must of looked at it wrong when I woke up at 5am today.

Very true, unfortunately I don't have the luxury of been able to go to see Hibs live every week. I hope everyone has a great time for All In. 80k attending is not to shabby.

An old colleague of mine spent thousands going to Dallas for wrestlemania a few years ago (right after his first child had been born, that went down well with his partner).Him and his mate went for 5 nights, did the smackdown on the Friday, nxt Saturday, no the main event on the Sunday (which I think was about 8 hours long by the time you’d included the queuing to get in), plus they did several of the paid ‘meet &greets’ amongst those as well. He said the wrestlemania was really good, but the whole experience was absolutely exhausting, and probably wouldn’t do it again. Also said that even though it’s live, there’s plenty dead time when actually there (when they’re running promo’s etc)
    No doubt WWE will bring WM to Wembley as soon as they can.

Very true, unfortunately I don't have the luxury of been able to go to see Hibs live every week. I hope everyone has a great time for All In. 80k attending is not to shabby.
    All good mate, hopefully Hibs turn out a performance for you and you get a decent match and win 😄👍🏻

So has anyone else got tickets?

I'm in 111.

Buzzing for it.

Bray wyatt dead at 36.

Horrible.

Roughly 5 weeks older than me. Awful.

@hibs.net private member
    Actually gutted at this.

I fell out of watching a few years ago & his return made me invested again.

Probably going to stay up to watch Smackdown tonight.

RIP Windham

Bray wyatt dead at 36.

Horrible.

Roughly 5 weeks older than me. Awful.
    Yes wasn't expected to wake up to seeing that, Terry Funk also passed away a few days ago which I've only just seen also.

So has anyone else got tickets?

I'm in 111.

Buzzing for it.
    When are you going down? Enjoy 👍

Yes wasn't expected to wake up to seeing that, Terry Funk also passed away a few days ago which I've only just seen also.
    I was gutted to read about Terry Funk.

I was a huge ECW fan and guys like Funk, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, Rob Van Dam, The Dudleys and Foley were the guys I loved watching.

Sad news about Bray Wyatt too. I've not even been a sporadic watcher in years but he seemed to have something about him on the few occasions I did watch.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was gutted to read about Terry Funk.

I was a huge ECW fan and guys like Funk, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, Rob Van Dam, The Dudleys and Foley were the guys I loved watching.

Sad news about Bray Wyatt too. I've not even been a sporadic watcher in years but he seemed to have something about him on the few occasions I did watch.
    Growing up as a kid I would see pictures of Funk from his ECW/Japan days in magazines and first seen him as Chainsaw Charlie, then you learn about his Territories/NWA career.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    That tribute.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

When are you going down? Enjoy 👍
    Came down Friday, took in afc Wimbledon v forest Green yesterday.

Came down Friday, took in afc Wimbledon v forest Green yesterday.

Hope you and anyone else going has a blast, looking forward to watching it tomorrow, although slightly annoyed that it’s being shown on itv4 later in the week, having already paid for it a few weeks ago

Apparently Punk and Jungle Boy suspended by AEW.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

So what did everyone think of AEW at Wembley?

I was there and in truth I was disappointed. The quality of the matches was good but there were literally no surprises at all. No heel turns, no-one coming out etc.

For a huge show I expected more. I also thought it wasn't operated very well. For example the pre show started at 5 so we got in the stadium about 4.40 got in our seats at 4.55 with a beer to find it had already been going for a bit and we had missed Jarret, big show and Grado. In WWE they will tell you when things are starting with announcements and countdowns etc but there was none of that. Also there was no time in between each match to get a beer or go to the toilet. I started actually going to the toilet etc when the matches started so I didn't miss any entrances.

Doubt i'll go next year.

I thought it was great.

Agree with the issue about them not leaving any time between matches.

I intentionally didn't drink as I didn't want to be up and down to the toilet constantly, but I literally didn't get out my seat from when the show started at 6 until it finished at 10. Not ideal when I hadn't had dinner.

Other than that, no complaints at all, got in when the doors opened, saw everything.

Lots of great matches, couple of great entrances and my view was top notch.

Already booked the hotel for next year.

I thought the matches themselves were excellent but just wanted more.

For example at money in the bank you had Drew returning, Bazler turning on Rhonda and Cena.

Aew had nothing like that.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Apparently Punk and Jungle Boy suspended by AEW.
    If true Punk needs to go. To be honest, they should be looking to offload him anyway, unfortunately he's not returned anywhere near the performer he was, and they've got a bloated roster as things stand so him continually taking up top spots just keeps others held back.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    So what did everyone think of AEW at Wembley?

I was there and in truth I was disappointed. The quality of the matches was good but there were literally no surprises at all. No heel turns, no-one coming out etc.

For a huge show I expected more. I also thought it wasn't operated very well. For example the pre show started at 5 so we got in the stadium about 4.40 got in our seats at 4.55 with a beer to find it had already been going for a bit and we had missed Jarret, big show and Grado. In WWE they will tell you when things are starting with announcements and countdowns etc but there was none of that. Also there was no time in between each match to get a beer or go to the toilet. I started actually going to the toilet etc when the matches started so I didn't miss any entrances.

Doubt i'll go next year.

I enjoyed it, albeit I was sitting at home. I think part of the problem for this ppv, is that they had almost every single wrestler taking part, which leaves very little scope for people coming out. I’ve not watched a wwe ppv for a good while, but they usually don’t have everyone taking part (they also have so many ppv’s it’s easier to do that), which allows more for surprise appearances, and also allows them to do a bit more of a build up to the matches, giving the fans a bit of respite between.

It’s a good point you make about heel turns, they’ve teased a few for a little while now, and really the only one that happened was the women’s title 4 way, which really had to happen.

We did get the return of sue.

Mercedes mone was also there.

Aew just doesn't have enough form near return for it to work hayter, pac and danielson are all miles away.

Everyone else who is injured is pretty irrelevant.

I will give it a watch tomorrow if I get time. I've still yet to watch summerslam.

I would assume they will come back to the UK at some point next year.

I will give it a watch tomorrow if I get time. I've still yet to watch summerslam.

I would assume they will come back to the UK at some point next year.
    Aye, all in 2024 is at Wembley again.

I've got the hotel booked bay bay.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Punk punted by AEW for his backstage antics last week

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Thinks that’s me only watching MJF stuff from now on in AEW.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 02-09-2023 at 09:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This was the way I always thought it might end. Vince has shown he’ll work with almost anyone if they make him money, so if he’s not prepared to work with you when you’d likely make him a fortune then you’ve defo got some self reflecting to do.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Thinks that’s me only watching MJF stuff from now on in AEW.
    I’m a Punk fan, but he can’t seem to stop getting involved in stuff that he should just walk away from.

Given ROH is owned by Kahn, and the working relationship between them and NJPW, I think Punk may have blackballed himself out of high level wrestling, unless HHH fancies bringing him back