hibs.net Messageboard

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1414

Thread: Wwe

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    That was great.

Best tag match I’ve seen for a long time.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

Have just finished watching night 1 and rey vs dom, rhea vs Charlotte and the tag was my highlights of the show for me.

Don't think sami needed to hit 3 finishers at the end as they had the moment on the first.

I did pop for the KSI appearance though and hope night 2 will be better all through the card.

Was actually expecting a better opener but nice to see a heel cheat to win on the grand stage.

The 4 way tag and 6 woman tag match was OK and seth and logan probably done as good as they could.

Rey and dom was good but I would of really loved it for a konnan run in for rey.

Rhea and Charlotte I enjoyed also as I've not really watched much raws leading up to WM, was that just that crowd that cheered for rhea and booed Charlotte?

Tag main even was great apart from the ammount of superkicks in the match and I just thought one kick was enough for the finish.

Don't think there was a bad match on the card though just some meh ones for me but that's all my opinion and hope you enjoyed watching live.
    Last edited by Tambo; 02-04-2023 at 03:40 PM.

Lita & Trish Stratus 🤪. Let's just say, the years have been a lot better to them than they have to me. Can't believe Trish is the same woman.

WWE being sold to the same company that owns UFC.

How long is this storyline going to keep going on for?

@hibs.net private member
    Jesus Christ. Talk about fumbling the bag.

Drew, Sami & now Cody. Any hype Cody had is now dead. There’s no way to build up that anticipation again. Not one bit.

Also, night 2 had Vince’s grubby paws all over it. What a contrast to last night.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    That's the owners of the UFC now bought a 51% stake and effectively will be in charge, they will def bring back PPV imo

Just finished night 2 and again not a bad match on the card.

Would of liked omos to win to build a strong monster and it wouldn't of hurt Brock.

3 way ic I really enjoyed with the slow start , chop fest and then the chance of a new champ before Gunther stole the win.

HIAC had some cool spots and enjoyed that match.

Cody and Reigns was great until the screwy finish, what a way to send your fans home as you could feel the disappointment.

Not seen any news as didn't want to have WM spoilt so will check out this ufc news now and will Try get back to watching TV until I get bored.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jesus Christ. Talk about fumbling the bag.

Drew, Sami & now Cody. Any hype Cody had is now dead. There’s no way to build up that anticipation again. Not one bit.

Also, night 2 had Vince’s grubby paws all over it. What a contrast to last night.
    I didn’t want Cody to win it and thought it was a really good match ended well still gave Cody the opportunity to have a claim for a rematch/hang around the tittle contender a bit…….then raw last night well god knows how he works that angle now

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I didn’t want Cody to win it and thought it was a really good match ended well still gave Cody the opportunity to have a claim for a rematch/hang around the tittle contender a bit…….then raw last night well god knows how he works that angle now
    Beats Brock then wins the titles at summerslam.

Either a Cody chase for the rematch vs Reigns at Summerslam or HHH/Vince just being petty.

A few fans think it's the latter because of Cody smashing up the throne with the sledgehammer lol

Either way my highlights from raw was the opening promo (not HHH), Theory's promo, the angle with Judgement day and then the ending.

Interested to see where Cody and Brock goes and if he will put Cody over clean and also looks like a tag match at backlash with Judgement day vs Rey and Bad Bunny.

Other than that nothing exciting for me.
    Last edited by Tambo; 04-04-2023 at 12:12 PM.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I agree with you on the match, thought it was really good, said previously that I don't think Cody had earned it and they were shoe horning him in, but this gives him the chance to build back up to it if you have faith in them not to **** it up

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    That's the owners of the UFC now bought a 51% stake and effectively will be in charge, they will def bring back PPV imo
    WTF does Vince look like? He looks like he's tried his best to look like Gomez Addams and failed.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/04/0...cmahon-on.html

I'd be buying shares in Just for Men judging by that!

The difference between night 1 of wrestlemania and RAW last night was unbelievable.

Wrestlemania Saturday was up there with one of the best Wrestlemania’s I’ve ever seen.

Wrestlemania Sunday was poor imo, IC match was good, woman’s tag was bad, Bianca beating Asuka was boring, Shane McMahon coming back to explode his leg was unfortunate, Edge vs Balor was tame for a hell in a cell and probably got cut short because of Balors injury.

The main event? The whole Roman is about to get beat before the bloodline interfere angle has really run its course. What was the point in ejecting Solo just for him to come back anyway? You had a white hot Cody ready to win that title and that was the moment to do it.

RAW last night? Don’t even get me started, that had all the hallmarks of Vince being back in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    The difference between night 1 of wrestlemania and RAW last night was unbelievable.

Wrestlemania Saturday was up there with one of the best Wrestlemania’s I’ve ever seen.

Wrestlemania Sunday was poor imo, IC match was good, woman’s tag was bad, Bianca beating Asuka was boring, Shane McMahon coming back to explode his leg was unfortunate, Edge vs Balor was tame for a hell in a cell and probably got cut short because of Balors injury.

The main event? The whole Roman is about to get beat before the bloodline interfere angle has really run its course. What was the point in ejecting Solo just for him to come back anyway? You had a white hot Cody ready to win that title and that was the moment to do it.

RAW last night? Don’t even get me started, that had all the hallmarks of Vince being back in charge.
    I had higher hopes for Sunday and for me if Asuka and Cody won clean then Sunday would of been the night for me over Saturday.

Asuka saying she may aswell go back to Japan and confirming HHH is still head of creative but Vince has the final say so take that as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I had higher hopes for Sunday and for me if Asuka and Cody won clean then Sunday would of been the night for me over Saturday.

Asuka saying she may aswell go back to Japan and confirming HHH is still head of creative but Vince has the final say so take that as you want.
    Last night makes sense now.

No doubt we will get Brock-Roman for the 356 time.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Last night makes sense now.

No doubt we will get Brock-Roman for the 356 time.
    I'm sure the rock said he would be interested in a return to take on Reigns so maybe vince stepped in on the Cody Title push and wants rock vs reigns WM40 lol

I'm just hoping it is going to be Cody vs Brock and Cody goes over strong then sets up the rematch, Bully Ray saying it wasn't the right moment and it will be all about the babyfase chase for the gold but I've not heard his opinions on last night's raw.

I'm sure the rock said he would be interested in a return to take on Reigns so maybe vince stepped in on the Cody Title push and wants rock vs reigns WM40 lol

I'm just hoping it is going to be Cody vs Brock and Cody goes over strong then sets up the rematch, Bully Ray saying it wasn't the right moment and it will be all about the babyfase chase for the gold but I've not heard his opinions on last night's raw.
    Still think we have Cody going over Brock and Cody wins the titles at SummerSlam.

The Usos being ignored by Roman last night is interesting.

Just watching night 1 the now.

Cena vs theory was very meh.

4 way tag match was a stupid spot fest and I mean that in the best way possible. Good fun.

Paul v rollins was decent too. Took forever to get to it though. The entrances fell a bit flat imo though and some of the commentary was woeful "there isn't a rear end in a seat" really!?!?

Women's trio match - I mean, it was cool to see lita and Trish, but I didn't think it was too good a march, some cool spots though.

Mysterios match was good. Doms entrance was good. Finish was a wee bit overbooked though imo. Also the cereal adverts in the middle of it? Wff was that about.

Similarly, there's a snickers advert in the middle of rhea ripley's entrance - why? Charlotte's entrance was rubbish too. A puffer jacket? Really?

That being said. Match of the night so far. Fans didn't seem into it to start with and Charlotte almost took a very, very dull one.

Riptide isn't a good finisher though.

Good pyro at the end. Big chaz always delivers at mania.

More advertising. MOUNTAIN DEW.

The miz is brilliant at being easily hateable. The hillbilly podcastet guy is annoying though.

Well, that happened.

Great hype video for the main event.

TURBO TAX. INTUIT TURBO TAX.

Lil uzi vert is awful. 622 days in impressive and i assume beat the new days record. They have really held it down last 7 years or so.

SNICKERS

Christ Sami is over. I'm glad for him.

SNICKERS

INTUIT TURBO TAX

A mention of el generico - patter.

If I hear sofi stadium one more time though...

SNICKERS

Super kick party from the usos.

SNICKERS

Lads have done it

INTUIT TAX

pyro.

Delighted for them.
    Last edited by Onceinawhile; 04-04-2023 at 11:16 PM.

Just watching night 2.

Leonard v omos was OK, could've been good if it wasn't 5 minutes long.

Women's tag match was good, but baszler and rousey winning despite disappearing for 90% of the match was stupid.

Ic title match was brilliant. Proper hard hitting match. Was raging with gunther for stealing the pin - in the best way possible. Shame it was immediately cheapened with lemonade advertising.

Blair vs asuka was good. Not sure why belair gets criticism first time I've seen her and she's a star ffs.

Hiac, result is an absolute nonsense. The colour coded weapons were stupid and having a match sponsored by a film is the dumbest thing ever. Other than that and the injury disrupting the match, this was decent.

Main event. Bit overbooked. Why was sikoa back at the end? Did -1 give him the weight belt? If not did he steal it? Why not show that.

Other than the result being daft , I thought this was solid 4/5 stuff.

AEW coming to Wembley Stadium in August.

that’s a massive venue for them, must be the biggest they’ll have ever had. Even their ppv’s are in relatively small arenas

good on them

Signed up for the presale on ticketmaster this morning. Think presale is 2nd may, actual sale the 5th.

Another notable thing from AEW last night was the appearance and confirmation of signing of someone who many thought was going to WWE. Excited to see where that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Signed up for the presale on ticketmaster this morning. Think presale is 2nd may, actual sale the 5th.

Another notable thing from AEW last night was the appearance and confirmation of signing of someone who many thought was going to WWE. Excited to see where that goes.
    I've just watched MJF's stuff in the last 2 months on AEW but I might starting watching regularly again after the Wembley news.

Must be getting some big names for that show.

You would expect some decent seats to be available for a good price if AEW want a big crowd.

Not long watched raw and thought it was so sk but was surprised with the Trish turn and did enjoy the Cody promo and Main Event and the ending where Riddle and Zayn just make it to the building at the end.

Will admit I really can't stand the Announcer they have on raw but is what it is.

Speaking of AEW, I started watching AEW all access the other day, it’s actually quite interesting

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Speaking of AEW, I started watching AEW all access the other day, it’s actually quite interesting
    Watched the first episode and quite enjoyed it. Not sure I've got time for an extra hour in my schedule though!

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Watched the first episode and quite enjoyed it. Not sure I've got time for an extra hour in my schedule though!

hah I know what you mean

I recorded it, and watched it more expecting to be bored but I thought it was good, enjoyed it as well

Raw was not a bad show with a good promo from Heyman involving the judgement day and the bloodline.

They are building up Brick and Cody nice for backlash and I really hope Cody goes over.

Nice 6 man main event with a wild brawler end the show.

Raw was not a bad show with a good promo from Heyman involving the judgement day and the bloodline.

They are building up Brick and Cody nice for backlash and I really hope Cody goes over.

Nice 6 man main event with a wild brawler end the show.
    Still think we have Cody winning the titles at Summerslam.