hibs.net Messageboard

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Wwe

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drew vs Goldberg sucked. That kind of match only works if the “legend” has relevance.

Women’s RR match - last two correct, wrong winner though. Why do WWE keep bringing Jerry Lawler back to be sleazy all the time?

Reigns vs Owens - excellent. Entertaining and a superb false finish.

Men’s RR match - soon as Orton was taken to the back you knew Edge would be seemingly the winner to walk into an RKO. Especially when they cut backstage to him getting an ice pack. Killed the whole match for me.
    Will be interesting to see who Edge faces at WM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Max_Shah's Avatar
    Drew vs Goldberg sucked. That kind of match only works if the “legend” has relevance.

Women’s RR match - last two correct, wrong winner though. Why do WWE keep bringing Jerry Lawler back to be sleazy all the time?

Reigns vs Owens - excellent. Entertaining and a superb false finish.

Men’s RR match - soon as Orton was taken to the back you knew Edge would be seemingly the winner to walk into an RKO. Especially when they cut backstage to him getting an ice pack. Killed the whole match for me.
    Because Vince, that's why. Vince finds it hilarious so it happens.

We are talking about a dude who thinks sneezing is a waste of time and who has cheated multiple times on Linda as well as having an "interesting" upbringing so its hardly surprising why he has the King cheering for "puppies" at every opportunity.

FWIW - I totally agree with everything you say and I enjoyed what I saw of RR; however, I do feel Vince gets it tight from the IWC because LOL Vince.

Link contents:

1. Jim Cornette confirms Crazy Vince McMahon stories [29:19]
    2. Jim Cornette on Vince McMahon and Sneezing [4:24]
    3. 2001 Playboy interview with Vince McMahon [10 minute read - the only comprehensive Vince interview which gets nuked every time it surfaces online]

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Will be interesting to see who Edge faces at WM.
    Drew is dropping the title at Elimination Chamber, isn’t he?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Drew is dropping the title at Elimination Chamber, isn’t he?
    Indeed

Indeed
    To Funaki?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Lars Sullivan released

To Funaki?
    I will not be watching WWE anymore if that happens.

It's really gone back to being a struggle to watch, hasn't it?

It's really gone back to being a struggle to watch, hasn't it?
    Indeed.

WM coming up so will focus on that. I watch it each week but it's mostly on in the background these days.

The Miz is champion in 2021. He's a lower midcarder at best. Bizarre.

The Miz is champion in 2021. He's a lower midcarder at best. Bizarre.
    Fell asleep during the first chamber match so just watched the rest earlier.

Miz won't be champion at WM. I think they want Drew to have his moment infront of a crowd so can See Lashley-Drew for the title at WM.

Fell asleep during the first chamber match so just watched the rest earlier.

Miz won't be champion at WM. I think they want Drew to have his moment infront of a crowd so can See Lashley-Drew for the title at WM.
    I just think a PPV should be elevated a bit more - have Drew win and end the show there, and on Raw the following night have him do a speech about being battered and bruised but going to WM, then Lashley attacks and Miz wins it on Raw if you really want to do that.

It's all the result of months of bad short term booking and Vince's lack of vision. Less than a year ago Otis was the hottest thing since sliced bread in his eyes but it became apparent really quickly that he's hugely limited so they needed to find a way to get it off of him. There's a real lack of convincing heels on Raw (or there was back then) so The Miz gets the briefcase. They then spend ages booking Miz in absolutely terrible segments that make him look weak and by the time the "road to Wrestlemania" rolls around, they panic and realise they need to do something with the briefcase. You then end up with a lower midcarder as WWE Champion ten years past his best.

I don't care if he drops it to Lashley tonight or at Fastlane as I don't want to watch that match. Several rapid title changes between midcarders cheapens the belt like in the dying days of WCW. Lashey vs Drew I could get behind but it's such a lethargic, long winded way to get to that match.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 22-02-2021 at 02:01 PM.

I admire the new ways they come up with to try to murder any momentum that anyone with potential has.

The list of people they have screwed over with piss poor booking and an abrupt end to a push over the past few years is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    I admire the new ways they come up with to try to murder any momentum that anyone with potential has.

The list of people they have screwed over with piss poor booking and an abrupt end to a push over the past few years is endless.
    Anyone remember Asuka?

I think that's harsh on miz. He's not exactly the best in the world, but he's a decent hand in the ring and an absolutely smarmy git that everyone wants to see lose.

His ic title run a few years ago was very decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I think that's harsh on miz. He's not exactly the best in the world, but he's a decent hand in the ring and an absolutely smarmy git that everyone wants to see lose.

His ic title run a few years ago was very decent.
    The Miz himself is a good performer - a bit beige in the ring but a talented promo and a natural heel. It's just his booking over the last twelve months has made him look like either a comedy character, an idiot or a jobber.

The lesson should have learned when the belt was put on Jinder - you can't just tell your audience "this guy's the man now, forget what you've seen of him before that".

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Mick Foley tweeting the big show to congratulate him on a move to AEW but copying in the MSP for Cowdenbeath by accident is the best thing to happen in wrestling in a long time

I think Drew could end up working with Shaemus at mania. They've known each other a long time so to work together at mania would be great for them both.

I think they might give Drew a title run again near the middle/end of the year and have him champ or going for the title at next mania in front of a full house.

The Miz himself is a good performer - a bit beige in the ring but a talented promo and a natural heel. It's just his booking over the last twelve months has made him look like either a comedy character, an idiot or a jobber.

The lesson should have learned when the belt was put on Jinder - you can't just tell your audience "this guy's the man now, forget what you've seen of him before that".
    Fair enough, I've not seen much wwe for the last year or so. Don't have time for that and aew and chose aew.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Mick Foley tweeting the big show to congratulate him on a move to AEW but copying in the MSP for Cowdenbeath by accident is the best thing to happen in wrestling in a long time
    She's now followed by Justin Credible

Lashley Champion

Lashley Champion
    Do we love Bobby

AEW making huge announcement this Sunday.

Rumour it could be Brock Lesnar.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    AEW making huge announcement this Sunday.

Rumour it could be Brock Lesnar.
    His merchandise isn't available to buy anymore from WWE store.

His merchandise isn't available to buy anymore from WWE store.
    Part of me thinks that the use of the word "talent" is telling, I think it it was someone in ring they may have used "wrestler".

Mauro Ranallo is my guess.

Part of me thinks that the use of the word "talent" is telling, I think it it was someone in ring they may have used "wrestler".

Mauro Ranallo is my guess.
    Nah, they uses the phrase hall of fame worthy career. No chance it isn't a wrestler.

Can't see it being brock.

Kurt angle has posted a video on his twitter of him getting his boots laced up and the phrase "to be continued"
    Last edited by Onceinawhile; 06-03-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Just when the ring non explosion during the AEW main event was the biggest WTF worthy moment this year, that Shane McMahon promo not even 24 hours later.

Apparently that was exactly as planned too.

Thunder Rosa v britt Baker was giiid.

Anybody else in no way bothered about Wrestlemania this year? Rushed builds, terrible feuds, inconsistent booking. Shane vs Braun is one of the worst ever feuds in modern WWE.

Anybody else in no way bothered about Wrestlemania this year? Rushed builds, terrible feuds, inconsistent booking. Shane vs Braun is one of the worst ever feuds in modern WWE.
    Yeah seems pretty lame this year. Hopefully Drew and Rhea get their moments in front of crowds like they should have done last year.