hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Results 811 to 835 of 835

Thread: Wwe

  1. #811
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,867
    In hindsight, that Wrestlemania was far better than it deserved to be given the circumstances. The Bone Yard match and the Firefly Funhouse Match made use of the lack of crowd and were brilliant and Drew managed to make his victory feel emotional despite not having a crowd which is a sign of a really talented performer. Those three were the definite upsides, the downsides being that the Edge vs Orton match sucked (Orton hasn't been up to much since 2005 IMO), the belt being put on Braun felt two years too late and the whole thing about no fans in the first place.

    Still, I don't think you could say it's the worst Wrestlemania that there's been. Full credit to them for that.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #812
    Firefly fun house was great so was the boneyard match both being a welcome change. I struggle to get into the other matches without the live crowd just doesn't seem right to me.

  4. #813
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,679
    I see Florida has made WWE an “essential service” to allow them to put on live events.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52285742

  5. #814
    @hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,255
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Florida has made WWE an “essential service” to allow them to put on live events.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52285742
    It's almost as though Vince is friends with Trump!

  6. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's almost as though Vince is friends with Trump!
    I'm sure it's a coincedince that Linda mcmahon decided that her super pac would put 18.5m into florida at the same time.

  7. #816
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,867
    Several released from Drake Maverick to Gallows and Anderson to Finlay, Mike Chioda and Kurt Angle


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  8. #817
    Rusev gone too, updated list here,

    https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/w...ev-more-308951

    Special mention to Mike Chioda who has been released after 30 odd years at the WWE.

  9. #818
    If you are looking for something to do Vice has a good series called "Dark Side of the Ring", a few epsiodes are up on Youtube.

    There is one about the Montreal Screwjob, one about the Chris Benoit case, one about The Gangstas, and the latest is about Jimmy Snuka.

  10. #819
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,037
    Rusev, Gallows and Anderson will have no worries, they can do NJPW or AEW no problem, wouldn't put it past Cody and the Bucks to try and get a few of them to re-do the invasion angle but do it properly this time

  11. #820
    WWE sitting on 500m in cash reserves and debt capacity to see themselves through the crisis, piss poor punting people with that sort of resources on hand.

  12. #821
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12,429
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rusev gone too, updated list here,

    https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/w...ev-more-308951

    Special mention to Mike Chioda who has been released after 30 odd years at the WWE.
    Imagine punting Chioda. Rusev will be a world star out the WWE. Vince again showing he’s a ****.

  13. #822
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rusev, Gallows and Anderson will have no worries, they can do NJPW or AEW no problem, wouldn't put it past Cody and the Bucks to try and get a few of them to re-do the invasion angle but do it properly this time
    Would be decent and they will probably win now. WWE is goosed. Nobody even wants to work for them anymore Galloway the champ can’t stand them. The rest are there for money.

  14. #823
    @hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,255
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine punting Chioda. Rusev will be a world star out the WWE. Vince again showing he’s a ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be decent and they will probably win now. WWE is goosed. Nobody even wants to work for them anymore Galloway the champ can’t stand them. The rest are there for money.
    I totally agree about Rusev. What makes you say that about Galloway though?

  15. #824
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,154
    Becky Lynch pregnant. So won't be seeing Seth and her for a while.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  16. #825
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,154
    Big scandal involving a lot of U.K. wrestlers appearing in the last few days.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  17. #826
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big scandal involving a lot of U.K. wrestlers appearing in the last few days.
    Which is........???

  18. #827
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,154
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is........???
    Multiple woman wrestlers accusing wrestlers of sexual assault amongst other things on Twitter.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  19. #828
    Matt riddle accused too.

  20. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Multiple woman wrestlers accusing wrestlers of sexual assault amongst other things on Twitter.
    Thanks. As you can guess I'm not a follower of wrestling.

  21. #830
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Matt riddle accused too.
    Jack Gallagher been released from WWE.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  22. #831
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,154
    Taker retired.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  23. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taker retired.
    A shame he hasn't gone out on his back like he should, but glad he's retired, it's well past time.

  24. #833
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A shame he hasn't gone out on his back like he should, but glad he's retired, it's well past time.
    Think he deserves one more WM match next year.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  25. #834
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,867
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think he deserves one more WM match next year.
    I don’t want to see it. His last few matches have illicited relief that he’s gotten through it rather than enjoyment.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  26. #835
    @hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A shame he hasn't gone out on his back like he should, but glad he's retired, it's well past time.
    Given they're bringing back Orton's legend killer persona would have made sense to have Orton retire him. Ultimate heel heat and probably more accepted than an up and comer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)