hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Wwe

Don't have BT Sport, so having to switch to AEW.

Big fan of Orange Cassidy tbh.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't have BT Sport, so having to switch to AEW.

Big fan of Orange Cassidy tbh.
    Then you have great taste, Orange Cassidy is by far my favourite these days

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Both rumbles this year seem quite hard to predict.

I see a shock winner in the men's rumble on Sunday.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Both rumbles this year seem quite hard to predict.

I see a shock winner in the men's rumble on Sunday.
    Kevin Owens to win the mens IMO, Shayna Baszler for the womens.

Velasquez will eliminate Brock and they'll have a match at the next PPV which gives Owens opportunity to be a special guest ref or do a run in and cost Brock the match, allowing Velasquez to get his Crown Jewel loss back.

Shayna Baszler vs Becky Lynch for WM too.

Drew McIntyre and Liv Morgan to be the iron man and iron woman in the matches.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Can't see Vince passing up the opportunity for Roman to win again.

Reigns v The Fiend and Brock v Drew somehow.

As for the women's I'm going for Sasha, otherwise its pretty open Baszler or Charlotte or even a returning Ronda Rousey wouldn't be surprising.

Or what if Asuka beats Becky then Becky wins the Rumble then beats Asuka at Wrestlemania to win back the title,they have been playing up the fact Becky can't beat Asuka.

So in summary I have no idea.

Surely whoever dumps Brock fights Brock?

Then winner of the rumble goes against the fiend. (assuming d bry doesn't win).

I'm gonna say Drew for the win and Roman can win the chamber next month.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 27-01-2020 at 03:13 AM.

Would be a decent outcome.

Apparently Sting is going to be at the Rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Would be a decent outcome.

Apparently Sting is going to be at the Rumble.
    Suppose he needs the money after The Police split.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Suppose he needs the money after The Police split.
    Very good

Left by mutual consent!
    Put a tenner on Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley most eliminations at 40/1

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Put a tenner on Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley most eliminations at 40/1
    Good luck bud.

Have won bets on the last 2 rumbles myself.

As you were.

That was a really good PPV. Wrong person won the women’s rumble but can’t fault the rest of the card. Great to see Bianca Belair get a strong showing and the return of Edge was a proper moment.

That was a really good PPV. Wrong person won the women’s rumble but can’t fault the rest of the card. Great to see Bianca Belair get a strong showing and the return of Edge was a proper moment.

They made Drew into a star last night in the rumble.

They made Drew into a star last night in the rumble.
    I look forward to Brock retaining in a fifteen second squash on the WM pre show.

So, how would you book the main section of your WM card (not paying attention to the inevitable Humberto Carrilo vs No Way Jose toilet break matches and the ****ing irritating dance break with R-Truth and a returning Essa Rios?)

Main Event - Drew McIntyre vs Brock Lesnar

They've made Drew look like a proper star and they need to continue down that path. They need to follow this after Brock's pre WM programme (as below) but Drew did an amazing promo in WCPW against Joseph Connors where he talked about the sacrifices he's made when his mother was battling cancer and following his advice, he stayed in the US to continue his wrestling career, and ended it with "At (whatever PPV it is), Joseph Connors, you are ****ed!" and it was the most passionate, incredible promo. They need to get Paul Heyman to go out and do the "My client Brock Lesnar blah blah blah squashed Kofi and Goldberg blah blah Drew McIntyre no different" and have Drew do a similar promo which will get people on side. It has to go on last because it'll be the most feel good moment when he soaks up suplex after suplex and F5 after F5 to hit a massive Claymore and get the cover.

The Fiend vs Daniel Bryan (Title vs Career match)

I want the two of them to not wrestle against each other until WM. I want Bryan to be out for a month and for the Fiend to not do much. I want Bryan to be the one to break the Fiend and win the title. The Fiend doesn't need the title. It may be tasteless but WWE could easily keep Bryan off the TV after sustaining "an injury" and people will fill in the blanks themselves. It'd be quite believeable that Bryan may be retiring (or even using this as an excuse to go to a reduced schedule) so it'd keep people guessing. They'd need to keep the Fiend looking silly strong during it but I want him to go back to being an unhinged dude who wants to hurt people rather than competing for the belt which he doesn't need. Bryan finally gets the better of the Fiend. Perhaps involving some sort of shenanigans with Finn Balor assisting to set up a fresh continuation of their feud.

Edge vs Baron Corbin

I'd have Edge come out on Smackdown this week and challenge the Fiend for the title because he wants to make up for lost time and he felt such an energy from the fans at his Rumble return that he wants to give something back and win the title for them. Sets up the match at the PPV and in a great match that can be more story based in order to protect Edge a little he hits two spears in a row, has the cover until Corbin runs in and pulls Edge off the Fiend, beats the **** out of him and causes the DQ. Ludicrous levels of heat for him. He explains it the following week that he won KOTR, he retired Kurt Angle, he was Mr. Money in the Bank until he was screwed out of it and he's sick of being overlooked and he deserved that title shot. Sets up a feud that will have Edge at ludicrous levels of being over, nuclear heat on Corbin and it writes itself.

Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley (NXT Womens Championship)

Charlotte chooses to go for the NXT Womens Championship because **** it, out of her facing Bailey, Lynch or Ripley this is a properly fresh feud that would be interesting. I'd even have Ripley go over to put over the NXT brand.

Becky Lynch vs Shayna Baszler
    Because that'd be ****ing marvellous

Roman Reigns vs John Cena

Remember their promo that had Cena say that he could do this part time better than Reigns could ever do this full time? There's mileage left in that.

Don't know about the rest of it so far, but fantasy book to your hearts content.

Was listening to a wrestling podcast which said the initial plan up to last week was for Reigns to win the Rumble, I can't imagine the reaction he would have got and would be getting each week if he eliminated Edge and then won it.

They just ruined Bray Wyatt once again.

They just ruined Bray Wyatt once again.
    Shocking decision. Loved Goldberg back in the day but no need for this now.

That jackhammer

That is absolutely baffling.

If it is indeed Wyatt vs Cena at WM, then it would make more sense to still have the strap on Wyatt. Can Cena equal Flair's record or will the Fiend retain?

Roman vs Goldberg has such an obvious story, spear vs spear, the legend vs the big dog. Doesn't need the belt at all.

Terrible.

I would rather see Wyatt-Cena with Cena chasing his 17th title and Roman v Goldberg as a singles match.

But once again WWE go with their old stars over upcoming talent.

I really hope AEW sees it's ratings rise to a level their output deserves.

They are doing a great job in getting a lot of the younger / newer stars over, the likes of Allin and Guevara are all impressing week in week out.

You can see what individuals having creative control over their character is doing for them vs the WWE that Vince has under his control.

To add to the above, I don't watch NXT myself, but from what I read the output is a cut above of what Raw and SmackDown produce, what I'd give to have another WCW for a Monday night war to give Vince a boot up the arse..

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    To add to the above, I don't watch NXT myself, but from what I read the output is a cut above of what Raw and SmackDown produce, what I'd give to have another WCW for a Monday night war to give Vince a boot up the arse..
    NXT is vastly superior to the other WWE brands, it's not even close

Agree about AEW too, seeing people being able to express themselves and not have scripts is so much better, mon the Orange Cassidy

That is absolutely baffling.

If it is indeed Wyatt vs Cena at WM, then it would make more sense to still have the strap on Wyatt. Can Cena equal Flair's record or will the Fiend retain?

Roman vs Goldberg has such an obvious story, spear vs spear, the legend vs the big dog. Doesn't need the belt at all.

Terrible.
    I can only assume they want the belt on Reigns but don't want him having to deal with the heat that comes with beating The Fiend.

Also agree with other comments re: NXT. It's the only show I watch regularly now. I wasn't impressed with early AEW, but might go back and give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I wasn't impressed with early AEW, but might go back and give it another shot.
    After a dodgy period towards the end of the year they've been hitting it out the park in the past couple of months, definitely worth another try

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    After a dodgy period towards the end of the year they've been hitting it out the park in the past couple of months, definitely worth another try
    Think i watched their first show and have just kept up with highlights ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    NXT is vastly superior to the other WWE brands, it's not even close

Agree about AEW too, seeing people being able to express themselves and not have scripts is so much better, mon the Orange Cassidy
    His match v pac at revolution was brilliant.