hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 2959

Thread: Boxing!

  1. #2851
    @hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol

    Heís entirely correct. **** the belts, Tyson Fury is the Heavyweight Champion of our generation. I get whoever it was above that questioned his beliefs and I agree theyíre somewhat objectionable to put it mildly. But in terms of pure boxing ability, never mind character of will, Tyson rules that division. They want to be king, they have to beat him. And I just didnít see enough in Usyk tonight to think he takes TF. Fury can dance like him but hit harder. Subjective, I know, all talk of future is. But Tyson Fury is a phenomenal boxer in my eyes.

    If we're talking P4P skill, Fury can't hold a torch to Usyk.if we're talking a mix of skill, fight IQ and ability to utilise weapons, Fury might be better, but if we're talking boxing fundamentals, Usyk is the man, by a large, large margin as well.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2852
    First Team Regular camthebam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    48
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we're talking P4P skill, Fury can't hold a torch to Usyk.if we're talking a mix of skill, fight IQ and ability to utilise weapons, Fury might be better, but if we're talking boxing fundamentals, Usyk is the man, by a large, large margin as well.
    Opinions mate.

    I disagree. I think Fury is hugely underrated still.

    We wonít know unless they fight but cameronw-hfc, Iíll happily take £10 of your money. Shall PM you my BACS details when it, inevitably, happens. Cheers bud.

  4. #2853
    @hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Opinions mate.

    I disagree. I think Fury is hugely underrated still.

    We wonít know unless they fight but cameronw-hfc, Iíll happily take £10 of your money. Shall PM you my BACS details when it, inevitably, happens. Cheers bud.

    I don't know who I'd pick for that fight, my point is if you put Fury in Usyks body does he have the same success? That's the whole p4p argument, regardless of size, does the skill carry over? Usyk has now done it at 2 weight classes, one where hes usually the smaller guy but a decent bit, so p4p, Usyk is the better guy, in terms of who wins a Heavyweight fight, there's more than just skill alone that factors into that so I'll openly say I don't know.

  5. #2854
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    11,145
    It will take Fury to outbox usyk for him to get the credit he deserves. An unbelievable mover for his height, his head work is incredible. Really looking forward to it

    Joshua has been a very good fighter yes overhyped, but you'd sack his promotion team if he wasn't. Usyk simply fantastic 👏

  6. #2855
    @hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,792
    Fell asleep after the first round and woke after AJís speech and wondered what the pundits were talking about. Did he take some heavy blows to the head? The guys ****ed up!!

  7. #2856
    Testimonial Due LustForLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The Bus From Hell
    Age
    46
    Posts
    4,487
    Feel quite sorry for AJ. Needs to take some time away from the spotlight

    I donít think Hearn covers himself in glory. Heís going on about the calibre of boxers AJ has fought. Surely thatís the point of him being champ?


    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/boxing/62621501

  8. #2857
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    48,492
    cousin of Tyson Fury stabbed to death early this morning, stabbed in the neck outside a bar in Altrincham and some other bloke attacked at same time

    Tyson Fury reveals his cousin has been stabbed to death (msn.com)

  9. #2858
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,005
    What happened to the scantily clad ring girls last night

    Hope they weren't stoned

  10. #2859
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fell asleep after the first round and woke after AJís speech and wondered what the pundits were talking about. Did he take some heavy blows to the head? The guys ****ed up!!

    Aye he made a right James Hunt of himself.

  11. #2860
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,502
    The standard of show on the Boxxer stuff sky is putting out is verging on horrendous.

  12. #2861
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Persevered Towers
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,499
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The standard of show on the Boxxer stuff sky is putting out is verging on horrendous.
    Dreadful show last night. Some exciting fighters but the level of opposition was a disgrace.

  13. #2862
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,502
    Iím not a big fan of Frank Warren shows either and Iíve no intention of taking a DAZN subscription so losing some enthusiasm for boxing.

  14. #2863
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Persevered Towers
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,499
    Eubank Snr claiming heís pulled Jnr out the Benn fight.

  15. #2864
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eubank Snr claiming heís pulled Jnr out the Benn fight.
    Headgames or angling for more money, he could never live it down if he pulled out of this one imo

  16. #2865
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Persevered Towers
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Headgames or angling for more money, he could never live it down if he pulled out of this one imo
    Looking to get a couple of pounds added to the weight or slight relaxation of the rehydration clause. No way the fight isnít happening. Too much money up for grabs.

  17. #2866
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Rosyth, Fife
    Age
    41
    Posts
    14,179
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking to get a couple of pounds added to the weight or slight relaxation of the rehydration clause. No way the fight isnít happening. Too much money up for grabs.
    He fights at 160 anyway. No way can they add anything to the 157. Think itís Eubank Snr just wanting to be the centre of attention as usual


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #2867
    @hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,633
    Bud vs Spence looks to be booked. Probably the best fight in boxing currently possible.

    Inoue vs Butler soon as well, although that's as much as a gimme fight as you're ever gonna get to unify a division. Where does everyone think Naoya should aim next? Outside of Casmeiro, there doesn't really seem to be anyone at all that could touch him at BW. Would have loved the 115 fight vs Choco or Estrada, but again, I think they would have been sizeable decision wins for Naoya, albeit brilliant fights no doubt.

    Seems to be in a weird position, can't ever remember a boxer having such an easy fight to unify a division, Butler might be the worst fighter to ever fight for unified titles, and Naoya is one of, if not the most skilled boxer on the planet currently, and that's not even considering the fact his punches sound like gunshots. Seems to be a victim of his own success and talent. I remember seeing videos of him at 20 and thinking he'd be a world star, but he seems to good to promote fights being competitive at BW, so nobody takes interest in it.

  19. #2868
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The wrong side of 30
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,096
    Inoue will move up and fight Stephen Fulton after disposing of Butler.

  20. #2869
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,405
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bud vs Spence looks to be booked. Probably the best fight in boxing currently possible.

    Inoue vs Butler soon as well, although that's as much as a gimme fight as you're ever gonna get to unify a division. Where does everyone think Naoya should aim next? Outside of Casmeiro, there doesn't really seem to be anyone at all that could touch him at BW. Would have loved the 115 fight vs Choco or Estrada, but again, I think they would have been sizeable decision wins for Naoya, albeit brilliant fights no doubt.

    Seems to be in a weird position, can't ever remember a boxer having such an easy fight to unify a division, Butler might be the worst fighter to ever fight for unified titles, and Naoya is one of, if not the most skilled boxer on the planet currently, and that's not even considering the fact his punches sound like gunshots. Seems to be a victim of his own success and talent. I remember seeing videos of him at 20 and thinking he'd be a world star, but he seems to good to promote fights being competitive at BW, so nobody takes interest in it.
    It was brilliant see Inoue in Glasgow. He was tremendous that night.

  21. #2870
    @hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,633
    GGG vs Canelo was as sad as it gets. He looked shot after the Murata performance, and he was the same tonight. He looks so gun-shy now. The judges being corrupt as usual scoring it 115-113, being nice to GGG you could score it 9-3 in terms of rounds, but even giving GGG 3 rounds is a push. I gave him 3 based on looking semi-competitive in the last 3, but otherwise it was a domination.

    I will say, Canelo won pretty easily, but there was next to no improvements from the Bivol fight, and I don't think he looked great, despite cruising.

  22. #2871
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The wrong side of 30
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,096
    Spence vs Crawford incoming 💪🏻

  23. #2872
    @hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,633
    Fury blatantly running from Usyk at this point chasing an AJ fight. One of the worst things about Boxing is the ducking and avoiding. It's the obvious fight to make for anyone interested in boxing, yet he's out here fighting the guy Usyk just schooled twice.

    Yet another reason why Fury isn't, and won't be a great in boxing. Poor resume that could be salvaged by beating Usyk, won't happen though.

  24. #2873
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    11,145
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fury blatantly running from Usyk at this point chasing an AJ fight. One of the worst things about Boxing is the ducking and avoiding. It's the obvious fight to make for anyone interested in boxing, yet he's out here fighting the guy Usyk just schooled twice.

    Yet another reason why Fury isn't, and won't be a great in boxing. Poor resume that could be salvaged by beating Usyk, won't happen though.
    Usyk has said he doesn't want to fight until late spring. Fury and Saudi Arabia want a fight in December. That's why Fury is trying to build up excitement for a Joshua fight. It's the second biggest draw in the Heavyweights and he doesn't want to wait until May for Usyk

  25. #2874
    @hibs.net private member CmoantheHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    2,517
    Joyce Parker has been a good fight so far. Canít see it going the 12. Both have taken a few big hits.

  26. #2875
    Joe Joyce appears to have a chin of steel ffs.

  27. #2876
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joe Joyce appears to have a chin of steel ffs.
    Both men do, Joyce is an instrument of blunt force trauma, not the prettiest but gets the job done

  28. #2877
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    194
    I know they are big guys but Parker has been gassed from about 7 minutes in. Decent brawl tho

  29. #2878
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,487
    **** getting hit by Joyce

  30. #2879
    @hibs.net private member CmoantheHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    2,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** getting hit by Joyce
    I reckon Joyce is now the most serious contender to Usyk and Fury. He is durable, fit, powerful and has reach like an orangutan. He just doesnít seem to fight very often though. Surely his next fight is a title shot.

  31. #2880
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** getting hit by Joyce
    Not even that. He took heavy shots and he barely has a mark on him ffs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)