Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 3447

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    catterall knows he won that

we know he won that

2. Log in to remove the advert

Embarrassing decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s an absolute joke. It wasn’t even close.

Boxing is corrupt surprise. Makes you wonder what the point is.

Mental result. As much as I wanted him to win, that's a shocking decision.

That's a shocker

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Big boxing fan but im about to give up on it. So many big decsions over the years but tonight jesus.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    One thing is certain, there won’t be a rematch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

United we stand here....

two English judges and one Scottish, i don't think it would be the Scottish judge that gave the 114-111

Kidding yersel Josh, no danger did you win it

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boxing is corrupt surprise. Makes you wonder what the point is.
    Agree embarrassment of a decision. Shameful

He might be a Hibby but that was a scandalous decision.
    Tell you what, he’d make a great Tory MP with that “I totally won that” speech.
    Last edited by hibby6270; 26-02-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It is.

As I said above Andre Ward had it for Taylor though. I think the fact he was walking forward a lot has stolen him 2 or 3 rounds.

Home town decision though for me. I'd call it that if it was anyone else so not going to be a hypocrite just because it's a guy I like.
    If Ward is scoring it that way then maybe I don't know what I'm taking about. lol. Interesting other people's take on it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    two English judges and one Scottish, i don't think it would be the Scottish judge that gave the 114-111
    Scottish one was 113 112. The 114 111 scoreline was horrific

Catterall not giving an interview

don't blame him he will be pretty angry

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Ian John Lewis was that judge, he has history of watching a completely different fight to 99.9% of the world

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post

some english boxing fans will hunt him down if he's on twitter

taylor would certainly do well to stay off it for a day or so
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 26-02-2022 at 10:12 PM.

I don't watch boxing often, is it always like this? How can anyone take it seriously?

wow, i honestly think they dudes want this to go all the way to Westminster

worzel Johnson will get the final decision

CompuBox saw Catterall land 120 of 525 (23%) total punches, and 81 of 267 (30%) of his power punches. Taylor was at 73 of 306 (24%) overall, and 57 of 179 (32%) on power shots. Catterall out-worked and out-landed Taylor on the punch stats.

If that was a role reversal, and Taylor had been on the end of that decision in England, people on here saying Taylor won that tonight would have been screaming fix.

As for the judge who had Taylor 114-111, what a farce!

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    CompuBox saw Catterall land 120 of 525 (23%) total punches, and 81 of 267 (30%) of his power punches. Taylor was at 73 of 306 (24%) overall, and 57 of 179 (32%) on power shots. Catterall out-worked and out-landed Taylor on the punch stats.

If that was a role reversal, and Taylor had been on the end of that decision in England, people on here saying Taylor won that tonight would have been screaming fix.

As for the judge who had Taylor 114-111, what a farce!
    To be fair, that's pretty much what everyone IS saying on here, and the fight was in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    MMA > Boxing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Taylor will wake up today knowing he is very lucky still to have the belts, thought catterall won but not by as much as some of the sky folk last night, he certainly didnt win the first 6 rounds as a couple of them mentioned, some were very scrappy and even. I said on friday taylor looked very drawn in around the face, the weight is clearly an issue for him now

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot1981 View Post
    Taylor will wake up today knowing he is very lucky still to have the belts, thought catterall won but not by as much as some of the sky folk last night, he certainly didnt win the first 6 rounds as a couple of them mentioned, some were very scrappy and even. I said on friday taylor looked very drawn in around the face, the weight is clearly an issue for him now
    I doubt we'll see Taylor at 140 again and I doubt he'll go in against someone like Crawford for the 1st time at 147 either.

He was clearly weight drained this week and I think he underestimated Catterall as well. He went in looking to KO him for the spectacular homecoming and got caught by the same straight left about 25 times when he was jumping in. I didn't much rate the advice coming from his corner either and I'm sceptical about just how good Ben Davison is. Tyson Fury called him 'stale' and Taylor's performance last night certainly looked that.

Fwiw I agree the decision isn't as big a travesty as some are making out. Catterall won imo but it was a couple of rounds at most. There were 3 or 4 of the 1st 6 rounds you could have scored either way. JC allowed Taylor to win a few of the late rounds, albeit one would be called 9-9 for the points deduction. That probably does Taylor a slight disservice as well as he belatedly changed up enough to start nicking the rounds. Every away boxer knows you can't leave decisions like that to be really close. The crowd react to everything the home fighter does, every puch thrown whether it connects or bounces off arms is treated like a last minute winner and that will sway judges. I also think it's interesting to listen to a 'neutral' perspective as well. By all accounts the UK commentary team were calling it one it one of the worst decisions ever. I watched a US broadcast and whilst very critical of his performance both Andre Ward and Tim Bradley felt Taylor just nicked it.

It's worth remembering Taylor had a bad camp as well. A knee injury, covid and a chest infection all set him back. He looked ill all week. I also think he'd like to remain more active going forward.

I wasn't able to make it along last night, the 1st Taylor fight in the UK I have missed, so my perspective may be a bit skewed but everything about him just seemed off. Hopefully he can make a decision on the weight and get back in the ring by the autumn.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I doubt we'll see Taylor at 140 again and I doubt he'll go in against someone like Crawford for the 1st time at 147 either.

He was clearly weight drained this week and I think he underestimated Catterall as well. He went in looking to KO him for the spectacular homecoming and got caught by the same straight left about 25 times when he was jumping in. I didn't much rate the advice coming from his corner either and I'm sceptical about just how good Ben Davison is. Tyson Fury called him 'stale' and Taylor's performance last night certainly looked that.

Fwiw I agree the decision isn't as big a travesty as some are making out. Catterall won imo but it was a couple of rounds at most. There were 3 or 4 of the 1st 6 rounds you could have scored either way. JC allowed Taylor to win a few of the late rounds, albeit one would be called 9-9 for the points deduction. That probably does Taylor a slight disservice as well as he belatedly changed up enough to start nicking the rounds. Every away boxer knows you can't leave decisions like that to be really close. The crowd react to everything the home fighter does, every puch thrown whether it connects or bounces off arms is treated like a last minute winner and that will sway judges. I also think it's interesting to listen to a 'neutral' perspective as well. By all accounts the UK commentary team were calling it one it one of the worst decisions ever. I watched a US broadcast and whilst very critical of his performance both Andre Ward and Tim Bradley felt Taylor just nicked it.

It's worth remembering Taylor had a bad camp as well. A knee injury, covid and a chest infection all set him back. He looked ill all week. I also think he'd like to remain more active going forward.

I wasn't able to make it along last night, the 1st Taylor fight in the UK I have missed, so my perspective may be a bit skewed but everything about him just seemed off. Hopefully he can make a decision on the weight and get back in the ring by the autumn.
    Yip cant see him at this weight again, struggling to make weight takes its toll eventually, i seen a reference to davidson as a boxercise coach last night and im not so sure myself if he has the qualities that taylor needs in a coach, he needs to have a serious think soon if he does go up in weight, hopefully its a one off bad night at the office and he goes up in weight and wins another belt

First Team Breakthrough
    Comfortable victory for Lawrence Okolie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/60549530

Boxing Board now investigating the decision to award Taylor the win

Taylor would need to improve ten fold to have any chance against Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Boxing Board now investigating the decision to award Taylor the win
    I expect they'd uphold the decision. Tell us the judges justified their scores and there is nothing amiss, and that will be that. Decision awarded and ratified.

All us regular punters that watched the fight, and find the decision an embarrassment, clearly aren't qualified to call it.

Edit: I note from the article they don't have the power to overturn the decision in any case.
    Last edited by Wilson; 28-02-2022 at 01:03 PM.

OMFG House of Commons speaker makes complaint to Scotland Yard over Jack Catterall’s controversial defeat (msn.com)

i joked about this in the minutes after the fight finished, they've only gone and done it my goodness

House of Commons speaker makes complaint to Scotland Yard over Jack Catterall’s controversial defeat

Sir Lindsay Hoyle, who is Catterall’s MP, has written to both Dame Cressida Dick, the outgoing Scotland Yard commissioner, and the British Boxing Board of Control to express his outrage.

Hoyle is a total f*d anyway