hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2395

Thread: Boxing!

  1. #2281
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Her last fight against Natasha Jonas was a cracker. I'd happily have watched a rematch of that.

    Are there many viable opponents out there for her? My knowledge of women's boxing is pretty limited.
    Amanda Serrano would pretty much be one of the biggest fights in the woman's game, the weight above hers the 4 champs have all agreed to fight each other to see who is undisputed, so rules that out for now


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2282
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amanda Serrano would pretty much be one of the biggest fights in the woman's game, the weight above hers the 4 champs have all agreed to fight each other to see who is undisputed, so rules that out for now
    I listened to a podcast recently suggesting she may need to change weight category to get the box office type fights.

  4. #2283
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    Can't blame the ref for stopping that, looks a bad bad cut

  5. #2284
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't blame the ref for stopping that, looks a bad bad cut
    Felt sorry for all the paying punters.

  6. #2285
    It's not going to happen but tonight should have spelled the end for these pitiful 'exhibitions'.

    David Haye playing with a guy who has essentially bought the chance to get battered for 8 rounds. Then Evander Holyfield shuffling to the ring, getting knocked about for a couple of minutes almost looking like he didn't know where he was before the ref finally showed the mercy the promoters should have weeks ago. All whilst Donald Trump spouts off about rigged elections in the commentary.

    Surely no boxing fans actually enjoys these events. Grim spectacles and someone is going to get seriously hurt sometime soon. Holyfield came close tonight, he shouldn't be taking punches to the head anymore.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  7. #2286
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not going to happen but tonight should have spelled the end for these pitiful 'exhibitions'.

    David Haye playing with a guy who has essentially bought the chance to get battered for 8 rounds. Then Evander Holyfield shuffling to the ring, getting knocked about for a couple of minutes almost looking like he didn't know where he was before the ref finally showed the mercy the promoters should have weeks ago. All whilst Donald Trump spouts off about rigged elections in the commentary.

    Surely no boxing fans actually enjoys these events. Grim spectacles and someone is going to get seriously hurt sometime soon. Holyfield came close tonight, he shouldn't be taking punches to the head anymore.
    I watched the Haye "fight" as I was up and it was free, he used the right once in 8 two minute round and could have knocked him out any time he wanted, then to call out Fury afterwards while Trump commentated on it all, the last couple of years have just been mental, canny believe anyone actually pays for that *****

  8. #2287
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any word on tickets yet?
    I'll be looking to get a couple but not heard anything yet.

  9. #2288
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    There is a programme on BBC Scotland about Ken Buchanan just now, you will get it on iPlayer as well

  10. #2289
    Testimonial Due The_Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not going to happen but tonight should have spelled the end for these pitiful 'exhibitions'.

    David Haye playing with a guy who has essentially bought the chance to get battered for 8 rounds. Then Evander Holyfield shuffling to the ring, getting knocked about for a couple of minutes almost looking like he didn't know where he was before the ref finally showed the mercy the promoters should have weeks ago. All whilst Donald Trump spouts off about rigged elections in the commentary.

    Surely no boxing fans actually enjoys these events. Grim spectacles and someone is going to get seriously hurt sometime soon. Holyfield came close tonight, he shouldn't be taking punches to the head anymore.
    Boxing used to be my favourite sport bar none. But the direction its gone in these past few years with this kind of thing along with the youtubers thinking they're actual boxers, and the best seeming to go to great lengths to avoid fighting each other, well, think I've had enough and just can't be bothered with it any more.

  11. #2290
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    Brutal knock out by Callum Smith, hope the guy is ok

  12. #2291
    First Team Breakthrough AliboyFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Newcastle
    Age
    16
    Posts
    381
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brutal knock out by Callum Smith, hope the guy is ok
    That was a badden.

  13. #2292
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    Absolute sham of a result again to let Campbell Hatton win

  14. #2293
    First Team Regular David_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Easter Road:Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    927
    That is scandalous.

  15. #2294
    @hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the house
    Posts
    2,036
    I actually can't believe they had the audacity to be that blatantly corrupt.

  16. #2295
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    The UK is rapidly becoming the home of dodgy cards and results, we used to look down on other countries for it but we are now up there

  17. #2296
    @hibs.net private member CmoantheHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    1,810
    Marcus MacDonald is crooked as they come. I knew before the announcement that he would give it to Hatton. Hatton is a Hearn boxer learning his trade so other than a ko he wasnít going to lose.

  18. #2297
    @hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,247
    As soon as he announced 58-57 you knew what was coming. Makes me question the point of watching.

  19. #2298
    Daylight robbery for Hatton there. I like him and he acknowledged he wa spoor in his interview but decisions like that are taking the piss even if you expect them and, to a limited extent, understand them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  20. #2299
    Think they picked okolie's opponent off the door of the dog and duck last night!

  21. #2300
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,016
    Terrible decision unfortunately it was so bad it will put a lot of pressure on him, whilst a defeat he could grow from.

    Must say what a difference with a packed stadium. Usyk the better boxer unbelievable speed and class, but you'd think the physical difference will show for aj. Joshua obviously a wonderful fighter too, looking forward to it

  22. #2301
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible decision unfortunately it was so bad it will put a lot of pressure on him, whilst a defeat he could grow from.

    Must say what a difference with a packed stadium. Usyk the better boxer unbelievable speed and class, but you'd think the physical difference will show for aj. Joshua obviously a wonderful fighter too, looking forward to it
    I might be eating my words in an hour or so but I think people have started to criminally underrate Joshua.

    Yes he has his flaws but he's still a top fighter and he has shown in the fights with the likes of Parker and the Ruiz rematch that he can box technically to a plan when he has to. He's in a fight tonight and I'd probably still take Fury to beat him but the disprespect shown to him is off the scale.

  23. #2302
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might be eating my words in an hour or so but I think people have started to criminally underrate Joshua.

    Yes he has his flaws but he's still a top fighter and he has shown in the fights with the likes of Parker and the Ruiz rematch that he can box technically to a plan when he has to. He's in a fight tonight and I'd probably still take Fury to beat him but the disprespect shown to him is off the scale.
    No disrespect to aj, look at the great fighters he has beaten. He's great athletic and at his best in a British stadium. I was more bigging up usyk. He's been one of my favourite fighters of recent years a 6 foot loma, he could retire unbeaten in years in cruiserweight. I think Joshua wins comfortably but who knows

  24. #2303
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Bellshill
    Posts
    644
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No disrespect to aj, look at the great fighters he has beaten. He's great athletic and at his best in a British stadium. I was more bigging up usyk. He's been one of my favourite fighters of recent years a 6 foot loma, he could retire unbeaten in years in cruiserweight. I think Joshua wins comfortably but who knows
    Defo wonít be comfortable with usyk as you say the guys tough as old boots be an interesting first few rounds imo Iíd think AJ proves too strong by rounds 6-8 he looks good conditioning wise I think usyks ring work is a threat heís maybe not faced before looking forward to it

  25. #2304
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No disrespect to aj, look at the great fighters he has beaten. He's great athletic and at his best in a British stadium. I was more bigging up usyk. He's been one of my favourite fighters of recent years a 6 foot loma, he could retire unbeaten in years in cruiserweight. I think Joshua wins comfortably but who knows
    No, I know you weren't disrespecting AJ. I was more expanding on your latter point about him being a wonderful fighter. A lot of people don't see it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  26. #2305
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I know you weren't disrespecting AJ. I was more expanding on your latter point about him being a wonderful fighter. A lot of people don't see it.
    They will big him up when he's gone it's the British way. Andy Murray was a useless bottler, until he won about everything

  27. #2306
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I know you weren't disrespecting AJ. I was more expanding on your latter point about him being a wonderful fighter. A lot of people don't see it.
    He's fantastic, a pure athlete in every sense of the word, if he gets the win here then it's a major scalp

    Like you I think Fury would still beat him but it's something I change my mind on regularly

    I think AJ can get gassed at times though, if you can make it hard work and stay in it(easier said than done) then you have a chance if it goes later

  28. #2307
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,409
    AJ should win this in the latter rounds but itís not a given. Some atmosphere at Tottenhamís ground

  29. #2308
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    I love Usyk, he's a mad bassa

  30. #2309
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,238
    This could be a really good fight. Usyk is a quality fighter and a southpaw, whether he has the strength at heavyweight is what makes this so intriguing.

    United we stand here....

  31. #2310
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,514
    I always approve of AJs Rocky 4 soundtrack choices

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)