Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 3432

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parker is controlling this fight, I just wish he’d take the next step and knock chisora out.
    He just seems too nice. Think he’s done enough but I don’t think he’s quite world level for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Why is Parker not finishing that with a minute to go? Chisora is rocking on the ropes and Parker walks away.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    He just seems too nice. Think he’s done enough but I don’t think he’s quite world level for that reason.

Absolutely, he lacks that killer instinct. He’s a wide margin winner here, but yet again he’s failed to deliver.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Parker v Usyk would be an interesting fight. I’d be backing Usyk, too slick and skilful.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Another shocking decision, how that can be a split decision is beyond me. The right result in the end though.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Absolutely, he lacks that killer instinct. He’s a wide margin winner here, but yet again he’s failed to deliver.
    He wasnt a wide margin winner at all. A worthy winner sure, good fight Chisora is always good entertainment just that level below the top table. Parker is at the top table but a poorer member of it. He's decent but not top drawer.

116-111 is just wrong when you consider the knockdown. 3 rounds for Chisora? 115-113 is a fairer representation of that fight and would have been an accurate UD. Chisora could make a legitimate claim for the bulk of the 1st 5 or 6 plus the knockdown. Parker controlled from there on but winning 9 rounds? Not having that. Equally I'm not having the one card for Chisora either, he didn't win the fight.

Gamer IDs

Another shocking decision, how that can be a split decision is beyond me. The right result in the end though.
    Not sure. Parker won marginally for me.

Gamer IDs

Chisora wants a rematch on the AJ Fury Undercard. Yes please.

I had Parker winning 7 rounds to 5. No idea where 116-111 came from.

Predictions for tonight/tomorrow morning?

I'm going for something similar to the Alvarez v Khan fight. Saunders slickness and ability to box off the back foot will trouble Canelo at 1st and he may well win a few of the early rounds. At his most focused and best Saunders is a brilliant boxer. As the fight goes on Alvarez will start to cut off the ring, start to close the gap and take control.

Canelo by late stoppage or convincing points. Saunders biggest problem is he has to land a KO, no way is he winning on points, and I'm not sure he has the power nor does Alvarez have a vulnerable chin.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I'm going for something similar to the Alvarez v Khan fight. Saunders slickness and ability to box off the back foot will trouble Canelo at 1st and he may well win a few of the early rounds. At his most focused and best Saunders is a brilliant boxer. As the fight goes on Alvarez will start to cut off the ring, start to close the gap and take control.

Canelo by late stoppage or convincing points. Saunders biggest problem is he has to land a KO, no way is he winning on points, and I'm not sure he has the power nor does Alvarez have a vulnerable chin.
    Good analysis of how I can see the fight going, no way is BJS knocking him out.
    Usually I would be rooting for the British boxer but he is someone who I cannot stand, despicable human being and hope he gets folded early doors

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Pretty much it, Saunders is a really clever fighter but so is Canelo who seems to keep getting better, can't see anything other than a Canelo win

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Time does main event start at roughly

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Time does main event start at roughly
    4am for the main event bud

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    4am for the main event bud
    Could be struggling for that but will give it a bash.

Went pretty much as expected, I had it about level, Canelo is very heavy handed, destroyed BJS eye with one punch basically and game over

Didn't really go as I expected but I though Saunders performed reasonably well. He was certainly growing into it a bit before that finish. Canelo is a monster though, he saw Saunders ducking punches and started hammering home those brutal uppercut, as soon as one landed it was always going to cause trouble.

Saunders corner done the right thing, if they hadn't pulled him out the ref or doctor would have had to. His eye was horrific.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Anyone know what time Josh Taylor is fighting on 22nd. Mind you probably be too drunk to stay up/care hopefully!

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Anyone know what time Josh Taylor is fighting on 22nd. Mind you probably be too drunk to stay up/care hopefully!
    Will most likely be a late one, 3-4am...it’s been picked up by Fite TV - not your usual BtSport of Sky which is quite disappointing. Think it’ll be £10 PPV.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Will most likely be a late one, 3-4am...it’s been picked up by Fite TV - not your usual BtSport of Sky which is quite disappointing. Think it’ll be £10 PPV.
    That is disappointing. Josh really needs to bite the bullet and sign up with Fast Eddie. His talents are not getting the mainstream credit they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    That is disappointing. Josh really needs to bite the bullet and sign up with Fast Eddie. His talents are not getting the mainstream credit they deserve.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen sooner rather than later, after the Prograis fight Hearn pushed pretty hard to try and sign him and JT gets on with him, but the ease of making the Ramirez fight and the fact they had Crawford is what made him go with Top Rank eventually

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I read that as Fife Tv initially. 😂

Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen sooner rather than later, after the Prograis fight Hearn pushed pretty hard to try and sign him and JT gets on with him, but the ease of making the Ramirez fight and the fact they had Crawford is what made him go with Top Rank eventually
    The issue there is that Hearn doesn’t have access to any of the elite Welterweights. With Crawford rumoured to be leaving Top Rank in October, I wonder if Josh will follow him to PBC / Al Haymon.

Plenty cash to be made there if so...(Mikey Garcia, Porter, Spence, Thurman, Danny Garcia...)

The issue there is that Hearn doesn’t have access to any of the elite Welterweights. With Crawford rumoured to be leaving Top Rank in October, I wonder if Josh will follow him to PBC / Al Haymon.

Plenty cash to be made there if so...(Mikey Garcia, Porter, Spence, Thurman, Danny Garcia...)
    With Hearn about to announce he is leaving Sky for Dazn then he is going to have silly money to throw about, great position to be in but JT has always maintained he wants belts and the biggest fights possible then to get out, it's anyone's guess just now

With Hearn about to announce he is leaving Sky for Dazn then he is going to have silly money to throw about, great position to be in but JT has always maintained he wants belts and the biggest fights possible then to get out, it's anyone's guess just now
    True, but he’s not been able to tempt any of the Haymon lot with DAZN $$$ yet...

Either way, win this one and there’s some massive nights ahead for The Tartan Tornado. Just gotta hope for an Edinburgh Castle or Easter Road fight !

Although Josh is fighting on Fite TV in the UK he signed with Top Rank in the US and fighting on ESPN.

He might not be getting the same exposure in the UK but I suspect he is probably earning more with Top Rank than he would be with anyone else.

That will be interesting. DAZN UK is only 1.99 a month a the moment but that will go up significantly I would imagine.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Although Josh is fighting on Fite TV in the UK he signed with Top Rank in the US and fighting on ESPN.

He might not be getting the same exposure in the UK but I suspect he is probably earning more with Top Rank than he would be with anyone else.
    Do BT Sport not usually show ESPN fights?

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Do BT Sport not usually show ESPN fights?
    Only on a fight by fight basis. I don't think there's a set agreement between them.

It's pretty disappointing that a fight were a UK fighter can become an undisputed 4 belt world champion is not on a mainstream TV channel.

I'd normally get up and watch this and buy the PPV if need be but it's not quite the same sitting watching it in a laptop.