hibs.net Messageboard

Page 42 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3432

Thread: Boxing!

Tested positive for banned substance "Endurobol" apparently.

Has a previous ban for testing positive in kickboxing as well so does have previous for this.

Just heard he had his boxing licence taken away!!! Bout in trouble now for sure!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ivan Baranchyk confirmed v josh Taylor.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ivan Baranchyk confirmed v josh Taylor.
    Good news. Anyone heard any word on undercard yet?

Would be good to see Lee McGregor on his card again

Looks like Joshua v Miller is definitely off now. Miller has failed a second test supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Looks like Joshua v Miller is definitely off now. Miller has failed a second test supposedly.
    Aj to fight some bum no one has heard of and spark him out.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Not a lot of fault on AJ/Hearns part in this.

Michael Hunter seems to be the favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Miller now reportedly failed a THIRD test according to ESPN.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Not much he can do though, cant see anyone in the top 10 going to take him on at such short notice and think they will win, and if someone does then they will also get sparked out

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Anyone plan staying up for the Khan fight, hoping its on about 3ish.

Khan needs saving from himself now.

Down in the 1st and every time Crawford really connects he's like bambi on ice. Crawford was head hunting a bit early doors after the knockdown but when he goes to the body and gets Khan to lower his hands he's landing at will. Khan looks noticeably slower than previously as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Fight stopped after a Crawford low blow on Khan.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Khan's corner asked for it to be stopped before he had taken the full 5 minutes allowed after an accidental low blow so it's a TKO for Crawford.

American commentary did say Virgil Hunter had looked desperate to stop it for at least a couple of rounds beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Khan's corner asked for it to be stopped before he had taken the full 5 minutes allowed after an accidental low blow so it's a TKO for Crawford.

American commentary did say Virgil Hunter had looked desperate to stop it for at least a couple of rounds beforehand.
    Terrible patter from Crawford denying it was a low blow.

Khan quit to save himself from a brutal KO and live to fight another day IMO, he'll get another big payday against Brook if he's looking to cash out or maybe another few fights against fringe world level guys but he's likely finished at the elite level and probably has been for a while.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Anyone know how Taylor tickets are going now his opponent has been confirmed?
    Would be good to get the undercard announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Anyone know how Taylor tickets are going now his opponent has been confirmed?
    Would be good to get the undercard announced soon.
    Tbh with 2 World title fights on the card I'm not massively fussed about the quality of the rest of the card. It would be nice to see a few prospects but if it's not to be so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tbh with 2 World title fights on the card I'm not massively fussed about the quality of the rest of the card. It would be nice to see a few prospects but if it's not to be so be it.
    I know what you mean, the 2 headline fights are worth the ticket money. However, from a ticket sales POV it would be good tho get few prospects with decent followings on the card.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Good news. Anyone heard any word on undercard yet?

Would be good to see Lee McGregor on his card again
    I seen that Mcgregor has split from Cyclone so I’d be surprised if he is on the card. Signed up with the MTK Global crew.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    I seen that Mcgregor has split from Cyclone so I’d be surprised if he is on the card. Signed up with the MTK Global crew.
    Thanks, I hadn't realised.

Bit of a blow with him going and Easton being out of action. Both got a great reception at the Vasquez fight.

Sky have signed up to show all the semi finals. Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Thanks, I hadn't realised.

Bit of a blow with him going and Easton being out of action. Both got a great reception at the Vasquez fight.
    Agreed. Mcgregor has a massive local support. That Easton fight was something else too, brilliant all action scrap!

With the semi’s now being shown on Sky I reckon we will see some up and coming Sky / Matchroom talent on the undercards.

I listen to this podcast every week. They’ve barely mentioned Josh previously. Now they have an episode dedicated to him. The hype has finally started.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000436323043

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Not a lot of fault on AJ/Hearns part in this.

Michael Hunter seems to be the favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe not his fault and he can only beat who is put in front of him. For me, until he is truly tested he's the next Frank Bruno but in a much less talented heavyweight division

By that I mean..looks the part but ultimately as soon as he meets a real fighter at his peak hes gonna be knocked out. The NZ guy would have beat him if it wasnt for the referee constantly stopping him getting in close
    Last edited by Bangkok Hibby; 26-04-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Thought Kash Farook looked excellent last night. Great to have live boxing on BBC Scotland too. 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Maybe not his fault and he can only beat who is put in front of him. For me, until he is truly tested he's the next Frank Bruno but in a much less talented heavyweight division

By that I mean..looks the part but ultimately as soon as he meets a real fighter at his peak hes gonna be knocked out. The NZ guy would have beat him if it wasnt for the referee constantly stopping him getting in close
    Can’t say I agree with that at all. AJ is the real deal IMO

Left by mutual consent!
    Can’t say I agree with that at all. AJ is the real deal IMO
    Ok he might prove to be the real deal in the current division but I think my point stands. The current heavyweight division doesnt bear comparison with previous. Would he beat Lewis, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, Frazier, Holmes, Ali etc etc. I respecfully say no. Its a weak division right now and he hasnt yet met anyone half decent quality who has been able to (Klitchko past his best) or been allowed to (Parker) truly test him

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Ok he might prove to be the real deal in the current division but I think my point stands. The current heavyweight division doesnt bear comparison with previous. Would he beat Lewis, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, Frazier, Holmes, Ali etc etc. I respecfully say no. Its a weak division right now and he hasnt yet met anyone half decent quality who has been able to (Klitchko past his best) or been allowed to (Parker) truly test him
    He might not be as good a boxer as the half dozen you have listed but that's not to say he wouldnt have beaten them, Joshua is a big guy with a huge punch. I do agree that the heavyweight scene isnt great outside the top 5 or 6 but he can only beat the guys in front of him

You’re quoting the all time greats of the Heavyweight division. AJ might not be as good as these guys but that’s absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

From my point of view, AJ has beat everyone in front of him, and battered a Klitschko who looked much more dangerous than the punch shy version Fury squeezed past. It totally baffles me Fury gets more credit for his win over VK than Joshua does.

Compare the CV’s of Fury, AJ & Wilder - Joshua has beat much better fighters in less fights. He will clear up the division IMO, and go down as an all time great.

Left by mutual consent!
    You’re quoting the all time greats of the Heavyweight division. AJ might not be as good as these guys but that’s absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

From my point of view, AJ has beat everyone in front of him, and battered a Klitschko who looked much more dangerous than the punch shy version Fury squeezed past. It totally baffles me Fury gets more credit for his win over VK than Joshua does.

Compare the CV’s of Fury, AJ & Wilder - Joshua has beat much better fighters in less fights. He will clear up the division IMO, and go down as an all time great.
    Agree he could well clear up the division, although I'd like to see him fight Fury. But an all time great? Nah!

Impressive performance from Prograis, will be a big test for Taylor if he gets through.

Some knockout for Donaire as well at 118lbs.