hibs.net Messageboard

Page 96 of 115 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3444

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol

He’s entirely correct. **** the belts, Tyson Fury is the Heavyweight Champion of our generation. I get whoever it was above that questioned his beliefs and I agree they’re somewhat objectionable to put it mildly. But in terms of pure boxing ability, never mind character of will, Tyson rules that division. They want to be king, they have to beat him. And I just didn’t see enough in Usyk tonight to think he takes TF. Fury can dance like him but hit harder. Subjective, I know, all talk of future is. But Tyson Fury is a phenomenal boxer in my eyes.

If we're talking P4P skill, Fury can't hold a torch to Usyk.if we're talking a mix of skill, fight IQ and ability to utilise weapons, Fury might be better, but if we're talking boxing fundamentals, Usyk is the man, by a large, large margin as well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    If we're talking P4P skill, Fury can't hold a torch to Usyk.if we're talking a mix of skill, fight IQ and ability to utilise weapons, Fury might be better, but if we're talking boxing fundamentals, Usyk is the man, by a large, large margin as well.
    Opinions mate.

I disagree. I think Fury is hugely underrated still.

We won’t know unless they fight but cameronw-hfc, I’ll happily take £10 of your money. Shall PM you my BACS details when it, inevitably, happens. Cheers bud.

Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    Opinions mate.

I disagree. I think Fury is hugely underrated still.

We won’t know unless they fight but cameronw-hfc, I’ll happily take £10 of your money. Shall PM you my BACS details when it, inevitably, happens. Cheers bud.

I don't know who I'd pick for that fight, my point is if you put Fury in Usyks body does he have the same success? That's the whole p4p argument, regardless of size, does the skill carry over? Usyk has now done it at 2 weight classes, one where hes usually the smaller guy but a decent bit, so p4p, Usyk is the better guy, in terms of who wins a Heavyweight fight, there's more than just skill alone that factors into that so I'll openly say I don't know.

@hibs.net private member
    It will take Fury to outbox usyk for him to get the credit he deserves. An unbelievable mover for his height, his head work is incredible. Really looking forward to it

Joshua has been a very good fighter yes overhyped, but you'd sack his promotion team if he wasn't. Usyk simply fantastic 👏

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Fell asleep after the first round and woke after AJ’s speech and wondered what the pundits were talking about. Did he take some heavy blows to the head? The guys ****ed up!!

Feel quite sorry for AJ. Needs to take some time away from the spotlight

I don’t think Hearn covers himself in glory. He’s going on about the calibre of boxers AJ has fought. Surely that’s the point of him being champ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/boxing/62621501

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    cousin of Tyson Fury stabbed to death early this morning, stabbed in the neck outside a bar in Altrincham and some other bloke attacked at same time

Tyson Fury reveals his cousin has been stabbed to death (msn.com)

@hibs.net private member
    What happened to the scantily clad ring girls last night

Hope they weren't stoned

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Fell asleep after the first round and woke after AJ’s speech and wondered what the pundits were talking about. Did he take some heavy blows to the head? The guys ****ed up!!

Aye he made a right James Hunt of himself.

@hibs.net private member
    The standard of show on the Boxxer stuff sky is putting out is verging on horrendous.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    The standard of show on the Boxxer stuff sky is putting out is verging on horrendous.
    Dreadful show last night. Some exciting fighters but the level of opposition was a disgrace.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m not a big fan of Frank Warren shows either and I’ve no intention of taking a DAZN subscription so losing some enthusiasm for boxing.

Eubank Snr claiming he’s pulled Jnr out the Benn fight.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Eubank Snr claiming he’s pulled Jnr out the Benn fight.
    Headgames or angling for more money, he could never live it down if he pulled out of this one imo

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Headgames or angling for more money, he could never live it down if he pulled out of this one imo
    Looking to get a couple of pounds added to the weight or slight relaxation of the rehydration clause. No way the fight isn’t happening. Too much money up for grabs.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Looking to get a couple of pounds added to the weight or slight relaxation of the rehydration clause. No way the fight isn’t happening. Too much money up for grabs.
    He fights at 160 anyway. No way can they add anything to the 157. Think it’s Eubank Snr just wanting to be the centre of attention as usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bud vs Spence looks to be booked. Probably the best fight in boxing currently possible.

Inoue vs Butler soon as well, although that's as much as a gimme fight as you're ever gonna get to unify a division. Where does everyone think Naoya should aim next? Outside of Casmeiro, there doesn't really seem to be anyone at all that could touch him at BW. Would have loved the 115 fight vs Choco or Estrada, but again, I think they would have been sizeable decision wins for Naoya, albeit brilliant fights no doubt.

Seems to be in a weird position, can't ever remember a boxer having such an easy fight to unify a division, Butler might be the worst fighter to ever fight for unified titles, and Naoya is one of, if not the most skilled boxer on the planet currently, and that's not even considering the fact his punches sound like gunshots. Seems to be a victim of his own success and talent. I remember seeing videos of him at 20 and thinking he'd be a world star, but he seems to good to promote fights being competitive at BW, so nobody takes interest in it.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Inoue will move up and fight Stephen Fulton after disposing of Butler.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Bud vs Spence looks to be booked. Probably the best fight in boxing currently possible.

Inoue vs Butler soon as well, although that's as much as a gimme fight as you're ever gonna get to unify a division. Where does everyone think Naoya should aim next? Outside of Casmeiro, there doesn't really seem to be anyone at all that could touch him at BW. Would have loved the 115 fight vs Choco or Estrada, but again, I think they would have been sizeable decision wins for Naoya, albeit brilliant fights no doubt.

Seems to be in a weird position, can't ever remember a boxer having such an easy fight to unify a division, Butler might be the worst fighter to ever fight for unified titles, and Naoya is one of, if not the most skilled boxer on the planet currently, and that's not even considering the fact his punches sound like gunshots. Seems to be a victim of his own success and talent. I remember seeing videos of him at 20 and thinking he'd be a world star, but he seems to good to promote fights being competitive at BW, so nobody takes interest in it.
    It was brilliant see Inoue in Glasgow. He was tremendous that night.

GGG vs Canelo was as sad as it gets. He looked shot after the Murata performance, and he was the same tonight. He looks so gun-shy now. The judges being corrupt as usual scoring it 115-113, being nice to GGG you could score it 9-3 in terms of rounds, but even giving GGG 3 rounds is a push. I gave him 3 based on looking semi-competitive in the last 3, but otherwise it was a domination.

I will say, Canelo won pretty easily, but there was next to no improvements from the Bivol fight, and I don't think he looked great, despite cruising.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Spence vs Crawford incoming 💪🏻

Fury blatantly running from Usyk at this point chasing an AJ fight. One of the worst things about Boxing is the ducking and avoiding. It's the obvious fight to make for anyone interested in boxing, yet he's out here fighting the guy Usyk just schooled twice.

Yet another reason why Fury isn't, and won't be a great in boxing. Poor resume that could be salvaged by beating Usyk, won't happen though.

@hibs.net private member
    Fury blatantly running from Usyk at this point chasing an AJ fight. One of the worst things about Boxing is the ducking and avoiding. It's the obvious fight to make for anyone interested in boxing, yet he's out here fighting the guy Usyk just schooled twice.

Yet another reason why Fury isn't, and won't be a great in boxing. Poor resume that could be salvaged by beating Usyk, won't happen though.
    Usyk has said he doesn't want to fight until late spring. Fury and Saudi Arabia want a fight in December. That's why Fury is trying to build up excitement for a Joshua fight. It's the second biggest draw in the Heavyweights and he doesn't want to wait until May for Usyk

Joyce Parker has been a good fight so far. Can’t see it going the 12. Both have taken a few big hits.

Joe Joyce appears to have a chin of steel ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Joe Joyce appears to have a chin of steel ffs.
    Both men do, Joyce is an instrument of blunt force trauma, not the prettiest but gets the job done

First Team Breakthrough
    I know they are big guys but Parker has been gassed from about 7 minutes in. Decent brawl tho

**** getting hit by Joyce

I reckon Joyce is now the most serious contender to Usyk and Fury. He is durable, fit, powerful and has reach like an orangutan. He just doesn’t seem to fight very often though. Surely his next fight is a title shot.

Not even that. He took heavy shots and he barely has a mark on him ffs.