hibs.net Messageboard

Page 100 of 115 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3447

Thread: Boxing!

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's him, but I don't think there is any proof so far. He's only fought youtubers or mma fighters for some reason.
    Because he is a YouTuber

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Because he is a YouTuber
    Yes he is but to be fair his last 3 fights were against top fighters but not boxers and past their best. He's been training with some of the best trainers in the world the last 3 years full time so will have gained something from osmosis. Most professional fighters are fighting fall guys for their first 10 fights so he's not unusual in that. What is unusual is he's been given the limelight, paper views and shockingly wbc saying they will give him a world ranking with the win. He's fighting a catch weight and fought nobody but gets cruiserweight world ranking, farce but money talks

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    It's him, but I don't think there is any proof so far. He's only fought youtubers or mma fighters for some reason.
    The knockdown against Anderson Silva was suspect. And Woodley having him on the ropes and refusing to throw.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    The knockdown against Anderson Silva was suspect. And Woodley having him on the ropes and refusing to throw.
    I'm not saying it isn't, but there is no real proof. They were sanctioned fights so it would be against the law if it was true.

Meh.

It's hardly some big victory for boxing if Fury wins. Using his brothers name as a meal ticket, prancing about with guys paid to lose every bit as much much as Paul has been with no attempt to improve the quality of the opposition and suspending his career to piss about on reality TV. Reading interviews with people with access to both camps the consensus seems to be Paul is more willing than Fury to put the work in.

It's not some big slander to say Fury has been in with guys paid to lose, read or listen to interviews with 50+ loss journeymen and they'll be quite open about what their role is when put in with a fighter who can sell tickets and there is money invested in. If the journeyman wins then it's the last time his phone will ring offering work. They are both in with someone trying to win for the 1st time.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    As much as both aren't very good fighters fury knows boxing basics, he knows how to take a hit, how to move out the way of a hit, Paul has never been a fighter and having seen his previous fights gets caught very easy, his head movement is almost non existent. Fury should in theory be able to pick him off quite easily, but who knows when money is involved

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I’ve just turned on the undercard on the Mayweather fight. WTF did I just watch? Apparently two female “celebrities” “boxing”. One of them looked drunk. Bunch of cackling weirdos on commentary. Absolute joke these exhibition cards.
    Last edited by overdrive; 25-02-2023 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Meh.

It's hardly some big victory for boxing if Fury wins. Using his brothers name as a meal ticket, prancing about with guys paid to lose every bit as much much as Paul has been with no attempt to improve the quality of the opposition and suspending his career to piss about on reality TV. Reading interviews with people with access to both camps the consensus seems to be Paul is more willing than Fury to put the work in.

It's not some big slander to say Fury has been in with guys paid to lose, read or listen to interviews with 50+ loss journeymen and they'll be quite open about what their role is when put in with a fighter who can sell tickets and there is money invested in. If the journeyman wins then it's the last time his phone will ring offering work. They are both in with someone trying to win for the 1st time.
    I feel Fury gets a bit of a rough time for his padded record. Compare it with any of the Olympians that came through the last round, they are all fighting nobodies up until at least their 10th fight.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Fury correctly wins.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't believe I actually watched that. Much poorer quality than I expected. Fury so nervous and got tired, but levels above

Can't believe I actually watched that. Much poorer quality than I expected. Fury so nervous and got tired, but levels above
    Aye feeling the same. Carl Froch couldn't hide his disdain for Paul, but he was spot on. Novice level fighters albeit Fury was levels above.

Credit to anyone willing to get in a ring and fight, but not doing the sport much favours imo

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    And to think folk paid money to watch that Tom kite, watched all the fights tonight, utterly embarrassing from start to finish.

I didn't think it was a bad fight all things considered. The issue was it was a main event PPV when it really should have been just about scraping into the 'on air' section of a big fight card. For that level I thought it was entertaining enough.

The ref was determined to have his moment in the sun and was far too involved, never letting them work out the clinches and both points deductions were farcical, that kind of thing was pantomime and adds weight to the suspicion at least some of what went on was staged.

Hopefully Paul disappears back to the Disney Channel or whatever, he's had a decent run at it and made a lot of money. It's time for Fury to step up his quality of opponent. He's had his pay day, time to have a career. I take the point above about all fighters having padded records up to a point but in his 8th fight Anthony Joshua fought Denis Bahktov who had a 38 win, 9 loss record at the time. In his 9th fight Jame DeGale fought Paul Smith who was 29-1 at the time, in his 8th fight Josh Taylor fought Alfonso Oliviera who was 8-2-1 at the time and topically Tyson Fury fought (and was very lucky to beat ) John McDermott in his 8th fight, McDermott was 25-5 at the time. If he has aspirations ot reach even European level he needs a few fighters with decent winning records on his CV and quickly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Sure I read Jake Paul has a rematch clause and can see Tommy Fury being all over that so expect another bout soon

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Fury would be off his heid to carry on with normal boxing just now, rematch Paul for millions, then fight KSI which could probably fill Wembley, lots more money than doing it the tradition route

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Fury would be off his heid to carry on with normal boxing just now, rematch Paul for millions, then fight KSI which could probably fill Wembley, lots more money than doing it the tradition route
    Already been called out by KSI, John Fury saying they want it in Saudi, so I think you're right. There's little to no chance Tommy Fury will be doing any proper boxing any time soon.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I thought the fight before was a decent fight, forget their names, but it was stopped i think in the last round by the challenger.

An even fight all the way through, they did seem to be fighting in slow motion at times, but it did entertain me, certainly a better fight than the main event.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I thought the fight before was a decent fight, forget their names, but it was stopped i think in the last round by the challenger.

An even fight all the way through, they did seem to be fighting in slow motion at times, but it did entertain me, certainly a better fight than the main event.
    Fight before was Makubu (fought Tony Bellew at Goodison and was cruiserweight world champion) and Badou Jack (3 weight world champion) so was always the most interesting fight on the card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshua vs Franklin tonight

Who's watching and how do we see it going?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Joshua vs Franklin tonight

Who's watching and how do we see it going?
    Not watching. Would be a huge upset if Joshua doesn't win comfortably

Aj probably won 7 or more of the 9.

But he's not looking good

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Not a great fight. Too much hugging going on and being allowed to do so

Gamer IDs

Not watching. Would be a huge upset if Joshua doesn't win comfortably
    He clearly won comfortably, he's just not a great boxer. Job done though I suppose

Back to body builder Joshua, very one dimensional, pretty clear he's not the best in the division, Joshua and wilder should get it on...

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Flight booked for Josh in NYC. Just need tickets now……..

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Flight booked for Josh in NYC. Just need tickets now……..
    You can register now for presale of tickets.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    You can register now for presale of tickets.
    Aye, registered yesterday. Looks like Danielle isn't getting any this time. Got a mate in NYC who regularly attends fight at MSG and he recons tickets are never a problem. You going?

It’s in the Theater so tickets will be more limited. Don’t think it will be an issue though. Shame I’m off on holiday to Lanzarote over that weekend 😢

Pre-sale is live.....code is MSGBOX

Joe Joyce the night.

Thought he'd been good last few times I saw him, but lost that first round there.