hibs.net Messageboard

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 2,281 to 2,288 of 2288

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Her last fight against Natasha Jonas was a cracker. I'd happily have watched a rematch of that.

Are there many viable opponents out there for her? My knowledge of women's boxing is pretty limited.
    Amanda Serrano would pretty much be one of the biggest fights in the woman's game, the weight above hers the 4 champs have all agreed to fight each other to see who is undisputed, so rules that out for now

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Amanda Serrano would pretty much be one of the biggest fights in the woman's game, the weight above hers the 4 champs have all agreed to fight each other to see who is undisputed, so rules that out for now
    I listened to a podcast recently suggesting she may need to change weight category to get the box office type fights.

Can't blame the ref for stopping that, looks a bad bad cut

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Can't blame the ref for stopping that, looks a bad bad cut
    Felt sorry for all the paying punters.

It's not going to happen but tonight should have spelled the end for these pitiful 'exhibitions'.

David Haye playing with a guy who has essentially bought the chance to get battered for 8 rounds. Then Evander Holyfield shuffling to the ring, getting knocked about for a couple of minutes almost looking like he didn't know where he was before the ref finally showed the mercy the promoters should have weeks ago. All whilst Donald Trump spouts off about rigged elections in the commentary.

Surely no boxing fans actually enjoys these events. Grim spectacles and someone is going to get seriously hurt sometime soon. Holyfield came close tonight, he shouldn't be taking punches to the head anymore.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's not going to happen but tonight should have spelled the end for these pitiful 'exhibitions'.

David Haye playing with a guy who has essentially bought the chance to get battered for 8 rounds. Then Evander Holyfield shuffling to the ring, getting knocked about for a couple of minutes almost looking like he didn't know where he was before the ref finally showed the mercy the promoters should have weeks ago. All whilst Donald Trump spouts off about rigged elections in the commentary.

Surely no boxing fans actually enjoys these events. Grim spectacles and someone is going to get seriously hurt sometime soon. Holyfield came close tonight, he shouldn't be taking punches to the head anymore.
    I watched the Haye "fight" as I was up and it was free, he used the right once in 8 two minute round and could have knocked him out any time he wanted, then to call out Fury afterwards while Trump commentated on it all, the last couple of years have just been mental, canny believe anyone actually pays for that *****

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Any word on tickets yet?
    I'll be looking to get a couple but not heard anything yet.

There is a programme on BBC Scotland about Ken Buchanan just now, you will get it on iPlayer as well