hibs.net Messageboard

Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 3,421 to 3,444 of 3444

Thread: Boxing!

  1. #3421
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazu62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wouldnít surprise me if the fury fight was fixed. You might laugh but making nganou look decent so they can can squeeze another ppv fight out.
    You think a proud man like Fury would deliberately take a dive, in the build up to the biggest fight of his career, so AJ and Ngannou could have a fight he has nothing to do with? Really!?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #3422
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think a proud man like Fury would deliberately take a dive, in the build up to the biggest fight of his career, so AJ and Ngannou could have a fight he has nothing to do with? Really!?
    Yes that is exactly what Iím saying. Fixed for cash. Itís not real boxing.

  4. #3423
    Joshua has looked really good his last few fights, even in defeat in the 2nd Usyk fight he gave a decent account of himself. The change in trainer (2 changes?) really seems to have freshened him up.

    Admittedly the wins haven't been against really top notch opponents but he looks like he has his confidence back again, if he is willing to let shots go then he's dangerous to anyone with the power he has.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  5. #3424
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazu62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes that is exactly what Iím saying. Fixed for cash. Itís not real boxing.
    Ok, you are wrong and a bit mental but thanks for clarifying your position.

  6. #3425
    @hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,087
    Taylor fight postponed due to injury, not a good look

  7. #3426
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    38,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taylor fight postponed due to injury, not a good look
    Damn. I went with a non-refundable hotel rate as well. Any ideas for things to do on a weekend in Leeds that doesnít involve boxing.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  8. #3427
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    38,442
    Taylor fight rescheduled for May 25th, same venue.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  9. #3428
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    39
    Posts
    7,864
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn. I went with a non-refundable hotel rate as well. Any ideas for things to do on a weekend in Leeds that doesnít involve boxing.
    Contact the hotel directly see if they will move it. I was at something at the Hydro for a show in December with a group of people staying at the Moxy. One couple had to pull out last minute due to a family emergency. They had booked through a third party non-refundable. They phoned the hotel just to say they couldnít make the booking. It was just a courtesy, they didnít expect anything nor asked for it but the hotel offered them to stay at a different time.

  10. #3429
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chesterfield
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,335
    Impressive win for Willy Hutchinson at York hall.

  11. #3430
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    19,665
    Smith looks scared of the power here.

    United we stand here....

  12. #3431
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    19,665
    Quality corner work from Smiths team. Stepping in then stepping back after throwing is working a treat.

    United we stand here....

  13. #3432
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    19,665
    Thatís why you need the best trainers. Brilliant stoppage from Smith.

    United we stand here....

  14. #3433
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chesterfield
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,335
    Wardley v Clarke cracking fight

  15. #3434
    Just reading the terrible news that Willie Limond is fighting for his life after suffering a seizure

  16. #3435
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just reading the terrible news that Willie Limond is fighting for his life after suffering a seizure
    Just read that. Awful news.

    Willie was a favourite of mine back in the day, went to see him at least a dozen times either as a headliner or on the undercard of other fights.

    You always got an honest performance from him, win or lose and he would have fought anyone.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  17. #3436
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Persevered Towers
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,885
    Sad news about Willie Limond. RIP Champ.

  18. #3437
    Awful news, so sad for his family.

    RIP.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  19. #3438
    Horribly sad news. RIP

  20. #3439
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad news about Willie Limond. RIP Champ.
    Hadn't heard about him being unwell. That's sad news. Came through around the same time as Alex Arthur so still a relatively young guy.

  21. #3440
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Rosyth, Fife
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,711
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hadn't heard about him being unwell. That's sad news. Came through around the same time as Alex Arthur so still a relatively young guy.
    Was just last week he had a seizure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #3441
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Rosyth, Fife
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,711
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    https://x.com/michaelbensonn/status/...S2WtDOFfqS0zFA

    Thatís outstanding promo.

    Money talks eh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #3442
    @hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Persevered Towers
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,885
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://x.com/michaelbensonn/status/...S2WtDOFfqS0zFA

    Thatís outstanding promo.

    Money talks eh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's tremendous!

  24. #3443
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    14,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad news about Willie Limond. RIP Champ.
    Awful, cracking fighter

  25. #3444
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    14,878
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://x.com/michaelbensonn/status/...S2WtDOFfqS0zFA

    Thatís outstanding promo.

    Money talks eh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guy Ritchie style, very good. Should be a good night of boxing. Complete sportwashing obviously but this is what boxing needed badly. UFC was getting its big guns to fight whilst boxers were dodging each other taking safe money fights. Boat loads of cash has resurrected the heavyweight devision

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)