hibs.net Messageboard

Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 3432

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone ever been to Vegas for a boxing show? Tempted to go for Fury vs Wilder 3 in July as suggested by Top Rank in an interview yesterday. The only thing is one of the boxing forums suggest that the cheapest tickets will double from $500 to $1000.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone ever been to Vegas for a boxing show? Tempted to go for Fury vs Wilder 3 in July as suggested by Top Rank in an interview yesterday. The only thing is one of the boxing forums suggest that the cheapest tickets will double from $500 to $1000.
    Was in Vegas the weekend of Canelo GGG 1 , never managed to get a ticket for the fight but just being there among it was good .

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Some pals were in Vegas for the Fury fight last week. They picked up tickets for $500 (face value), very good seats but not floor seats. Big fights tend not to sell out there, unlike over here but they’re no cheap. Bars in the strip were charging $100 to get in to watch the fight on TV.

hi
    kinda! i guess would be my answer,though prob not what you are looking for.My brother and |I went to vegas for the first time in 2014.the mgm.They had a boxing ring at the entrance and were premoting a fight( to this day i have no idea whom were fighting) 2-3 days later there was a huge crowd and my brother and i went over to see what was happening..Unsure if it was common but it was one of the big fan fare things when the fighters made there entrance for premotional work..(again near the check in area)..i rember seeing oscar de la hoya though (ot a couple of pics)
    a day of so later was the weight in and well my brother and i went and sat in the mgm arena though we got bored though watching pre weigh in activities but it was an experince for sure.

On a side note.im into saving money and unsure if you ve been to vegas before but there is a wonderful las vegas money saving thread on money saving expert site that may be of use to you.
    kind regards

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhibs1983 View Post
    hi
    kinda! i guess would be my answer,though prob not what you are looking for.My brother and |I went to vegas for the first time in 2014.the mgm.They had a boxing ring at the entrance and were premoting a fight( to this day i have no idea whom were fighting) 2-3 days later there was a huge crowd and my brother and i went over to see what was happening..Unsure if it was common but it was one of the big fan fare things when the fighters made there entrance for premotional work..(again near the check in area)..i rember seeing oscar de la hoya though (ot a couple of pics)
    a day of so later was the weight in and well my brother and i went and sat in the mgm arena though we got bored though watching pre weigh in activities but it was an experince for sure.

On a side note.im into saving money and unsure if you ve been to vegas before but there is a wonderful las vegas money saving thread on money saving expert site that may be of use to you.
    kind regards
    Edit - p.s. it will either be Vegas or Hibs in Europe, since we are winning the cup, Vegas won't happen this year.

Good man! I will check out the thread.

Taylor tickets on sale now. Decent prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Taylor tickets on sale now. Decent prices.
    35 quid ones for me. Unless floor seats end up watching it on the big screen anyway.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Some night of boxing May 2nd...

Taylor v Khongsong + stacked undercard
    Whyte v Povetkin
    Canelo v Saunders

Booked the Monday off work

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Some night of boxing May 2nd...

Taylor v Khongsong + stacked undercard
    Whyte v Povetkin
    Canelo v Saunders

Booked the Monday off work
    Wonder where Ben Davison will be, Glasgow or Vegas?

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Wonder where Ben Davison will be, Glasgow or Vegas?
    Vegas, think Terry McCormack would be the main man in the corner that night

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Yeah seen that confirmed by Josh in an interview online

And the 6 weeks prior to the fight I’’d imagine. Makes the decision to go with Davison very odd or shows the disregard they have for Khongsong.

And the 6 weeks prior to the fight I’’d imagine. Makes the decision to go with Davison very odd or shows the disregard they have for Khongsong.
    Unless Josh & Billy Joe do the same camp with Ben?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Unless Josh & Billy Joe do the same camp with Ben?
    Good shout.

They are all away to Vegas today for the camp

They are all away to Vegas today for the camp
    Yeh I saw that. Josh saying he’ll finish his camp in Edinburgh a couple of weeks before the fight.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...rugs-test.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Gb Olympic qualifiers have been on bbc red button today. Could be a look into what’s to come in the future.

I know a few like your boxing so what's the thoughts on Tyson making a comeback ( charity rounds only)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52530283

Pretty certain those punches would kill me!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I know a few like your boxing so what's the thoughts on Tyson making a comeback ( charity rounds only)

He was a washed up has-been when loosing to Lewis in 2002. Even more so when embarrassed by Williams & McBride a couple of years later. He’s now also a self confessed complete stoner. He should stick to making a fool of himself in films and leave the sweet science to the young ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post

I've watched a YouTube video of his ring entrance to the music Time4SumAksion. I think it was his first fight out of jail. Watching Tyson come through the crowds with his entourage and that music playing is spine tingling.

https://youtu.be/aF2k3EBkFYo

Good piece on how good he could have been on the bbc website and how true were Frank Sinatra's words to him?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52600054
    Last edited by Wilson; 17-05-2020 at 10:31 AM.

I don't think Tyson has any ambitions to actually fight again as such. That would be madness. The training videos look slick but that characterised his last few fights, he could give you 3 rounds but if his opponent wasn't out of there at that point then Tyson had nothing left. An exhibition or 2 probably appeals to him and his fanbase.

I find Tyson and his redemption somewhat troubling. At his best there is no doubt he was a phenomenal talent, he was ferocious but skilful. However whilst everyone deserves a second chance and the right to rehabilitation I find his new image as a lovable rogue a bit unsettling. People should remember what he is and the impact his actions had on another person.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't think Tyson has any ambitions to actually fight again as such. That would be madness. The training videos look slick but that characterised his last few fights, he could give you 3 rounds but if his opponent wasn't out of there at that point then Tyson had nothing left. An exhibition or 2 probably appeals to him and his fanbase.

I find Tyson and his redemption somewhat troubling. At his best there is no doubt he was a phenomenal talent, he was ferocious but skilful. However whilst everyone deserves a second chance and the right to rehabilitation I find his new image as a lovable rogue a bit unsettling. People should remember what he is and the impact his actions had on another person.
    Agreed. The current Tyson love-in is doing my head in. In his prime he was phenomenal. Unfortunately his prime was too short lived for him to be anywhere near top 5 heavyweights. His behaviour inside and outside the ring was despicable at times. I’ve no idea how the likes of Hollyfield & Lewis can be doing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Agreed, on multiple people

Anyone seen fast Eddies plan to put a boxing centre in his dad's back garden?

Ambitious stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52689470

Hearn is saying that Fury and Joshua have agreed a 2 fight deal for 2021

Is that dependant on Fury beating Wilder again.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Is that dependant on Fury beating Wilder again.
    Hearn says yes, he would switch to Wilder if he won as he wants the undisputed title

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Just watched I am Ali on sky sports. I’m biased as I think he’s the greatest sportsman of all time, but even if you don’t it’s well worth watching. I know here’s been more up to date films about Ali, but that one was good.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Anyone watching tonight?
    Babic made easy work on Shawndell Williams. He looked ok but is light for a heavyweight these days.

Kongo vs Clay in the 5th round at the minute. Kongo nicking then rounds but has been good so far.

Fancy Katie taylor to improve from her last fight against Persoon but it will be an interesting one.

Whyte should deal with Povetkin. And I’m keen to see how Whyte looks with the big weight loss. Think he needed it tho as always gassed in last few fights.

While typing this, Clay has had to really hang on in the 5th. Looked like the fight was over 30 seconds ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk