Wow

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Some fighter that guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Josh vacates the WBC belt. Looks like he’s gunning for Catterall before stepping up.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Josh vacates the WBC belt. Looks like he’s gunning for Catterall before stepping up.
    Biggest fight out there for him. Hopefully another away trip, Manchester Arena perhaps? Not sure JC would want to come back to Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Biggest fight out there for him. Hopefully another away trip, Manchester Arena perhaps? Not sure JC would want to come back to Scotland
    Was saying yo my pals that I’d love it to be in Manchester. Atmosphere would be electric. Recon Josh would thrive on it too.

Taylor v Catterall 2 looking like 26th November at The Hydro.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Taylor v Catterall 2 looking like 26th November at The Hydro.
    I was convinced he'd go for Manchester to wind them up even more but more than happy to go to the Hydro again, canny wait

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I was convinced he'd go for Manchester to wind them up even more but more than happy to go to the Hydro again, canny wait
    Aye I was hoping for Manchester. Would’ve been a toxic atmosphere.

Eubank Jr V Benn confirmed. Massive

Hotels booked a few weeks ago. Hoping my Matchroom fight pass will get me tickets. I was in Old Trafford for the Dads’ 2nd fight…..I need to be at this. I’m a total sucker for the hype!

@hibs.net private member
    Should be good, will be a good build up. Fury chisora on the other hand is the trilogy no one asked for.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Should be good, will be a good build up. Fury chisora on the other hand is the trilogy no one asked for.
    I can’t help but laugh at the “fury’s come out of retirement” chat. Was there 1 person alive that believed he had retired?

Be interesting when we find out what the catch weight is, Eubank doesn't have an ounce of fat on him at 160 so coming down further than that won't be easy for him, i have no clue what to make of it all, Benn has been managed to perfection so far, right fights and fighters at the right time, so you don't really know how good he actually is, Will earn an absolute ****load from this fight and if he loses then there is a ready made excuse about moving up weights and daring to be great

I'm all aboard the hype train, Benn Eubank 1 is my first boxing memory when I really took notice

Be interesting when we find out what the catch weight is, Eubank doesn't have an ounce of fat on him at 160 so coming down further than that won't be easy for him, i have no clue what to make of it all, Benn has been managed to perfection so far, right fights and fighters at the right time, so you don't really know how good he actually is, Will earn an absolute ****load from this fight and if he loses then there is a ready made excuse about moving up weights and daring to be great

I'm all aboard the hype train, Benn Eubank 1 is my first boxing memory when I really took notice
    There’s chat of a 100k per pound fine, catchweight of 157. If I was Eubank I’d take the 300k fine and weigh in at 160 lol, will still be making a packet

There’s chat of a 100k per pound fine, catchweight of 157. If I was Eubank I’d take the 300k fine and weigh in at 160 lol, will still be making a packet
    Aye I would too, not sure how much of a size difference there will be, I've seen JT stood next to Eubank and JT actually looked better built and bigger than him, that was walking about weight though, not sure how big Benn(***** pun) is in comparison

Just seen an interview with Ben’s trainer, fight apparently won’t go ahead if Eubank weighs in more than 158.5lbs!

After hours of web sites crashing, finally managed to bag 4 tickets for Benn v Eubank. 💪💪

Ken Buchanan statue unveiled in Leith Walk.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Ken Buchanan statue unveiled in Leith Walk.
    Was a great event and long over due. Well done to all those who made it possible.

@hibs.net private member
    What are people fancying for Saturday. Massive for Joshua I think. Lose this and probable record breaking uk fight vs fury loses much of its appeal

Gamer IDs

What are people fancying for Saturday. Massive for Joshua I think. Lose this and probable record breaking uk fight vs fury loses much of its appeal
    Yeah 3 losses out of his last 5 fights doesn’t look great. I think he’d need to go and beat Whyte & Wilder to bring himself back up there.

I like AJ and have supported him since he went pro, but I’m struggling to see him win this. I think he’s become fairly timid since the Ruiz loss. Scared of being caught. I also am baffled as to how he thought he’d outbox Usyk in the first fight. That’s either bad coaching or pure stubbornness from him. He needs to walk Usyk down and get him into a scrap to have a chance of winning. Use his size and strength. Hopefully the new coach helps him get it right.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Yeah 3 losses out of his last 5 fights doesn’t look great. I think he’d need to go and beat Whyte & Wilder to bring himself back up there.

I like AJ and have supported him since he went pro, but I’m struggling to see him win this. I think he’s become fairly timid since the Ruiz loss. Scared of being caught. I also am baffled as to how he thought he’d outbox Usyk in the first fight. That’s either bad coaching or pure stubbornness from him. He needs to walk Usyk down and get him into a scrap to have a chance of winning. Use his size and strength. Hopefully the new coach helps him get it right.

It was madness, trying to outdance usyk!! Use his power and strength and go for a scrap. The problem is usyk has had more time to get used to heavyweight and looks a bit of a beast now.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

I think the fact Fury tried his best to avoid Usyk says a hell of a lot. I watched him come up and remember telling everyone when he fought AJ the first time he would make him look silly, I only see it happening that way again. He's superior to AJ in every way besides size and power.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    If Usyk wins think we'll get the unification bout with Fury? If so really hope Usyk wins.

@hibs.net private member
    Only thing is fury is even bigger than aj. Also he can dance almost as much as usyk. Usyk wouldn't be able to stand off fury like he did with aj.

Only thing is fury is even bigger than aj. Also he can dance almost as much as usyk. Usyk wouldn't be able to stand off fury like he did with aj.
    I think the size is Usyks biggest issue vs Fury. Fury is a good boxer for Heavyweight standards, but Usyk is levels ahead, I just don't know if that's enough given the massive size difference between them. Fury is pretty decent at using his size so it would be interesting to see if Usyk could get inside or if Fury would just keep him at range.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    I think the size is Usyks biggest issue vs Fury. Fury is a good boxer for Heavyweight standards, but Usyk is levels ahead, I just don't know if that's enough given the massive size difference between them. Fury is pretty decent at using his size so it would be interesting to see if Usyk could get inside or if Fury would just keep him at range.
    Would be a brilliant event. Saying that can't discount aj on Saturday. It's heavyweight boxing so one punch can change everything, change of trainer also

I can see ways for both of them to win, Usyk is by far the better boxer but AJ is no mug and is capable of knocking anyone out if he lands flush, I'd say I'm about 65/35 in favour of Usyk but I wouldn't be surprised and it wouldn't be an upset if AJ does it

As for AJ Fury if he loses, I don't think it loses any of the appeal, would still sell out Wembley 3 times over and do record PPV sales in the UK if it ever happened

I can see ways for both of them to win, Usyk is by far the better boxer but AJ is no mug and is capable of knocking anyone out if he lands flush, I'd say I'm about 65/35 in favour of Usyk but I wouldn't be surprised and it wouldn't be an upset if AJ does it

As for AJ Fury if he loses, I don't think it loses any of the appeal, would still sell out Wembley 3 times over and do record PPV sales in the UK if it ever happened

It's just a shame that's the fight that will sell out Wembley. It wouldn't be competitive and there's so many better UK based boxers at the smaller weight classes with considerable amounts more skill than those two, add in without the baggage Fury brings.

Heavyweight boxing is a shadow of it's former self nowadays. Even the best in Fury, his resume is kinda meh. His best wins are Wallin, Wilder and Whyte. AJ best win is an ageing Klitschko, Ruiz and Whyte.

Usyk is cool because he's got a higher skill level than the test, but im not sure if he's big enough to make that count enough against other Heavyweights. If AJ plods forward again for 12 rounds he'll get worked.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    It's just a shame that's the fight that will sell out Wembley. It wouldn't be competitive and there's so many better UK based boxers at the smaller weight classes with considerable amounts more skill than those two, add in without the baggage Fury brings.

Heavyweight boxing is a shadow of it's former self nowadays. Even the best in Fury, his resume is kinda meh. His best wins are Wallin, Wilder and Whyte. AJ best win is an ageing Klitschko, Ruiz and Whyte.

Usyk is cool because he's got a higher skill level than the test, but im not sure if he's big enough to make that count enough against other Heavyweights. If AJ plods forward again for 12 rounds he'll get worked.
    Usyk is still 6 foot 3 so not a midget. Just aj 6"6 and Fury 6"9 are unbelievably tall.

Joe frazer was 6', tyson 5'10, Liston 6', povetkin 6'2, Roy Jones 5'11, ruiz 6'2, holyfield 6'1