hibs.net Messageboard

Page 77 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 3432

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Her last fight against Natasha Jonas was a cracker. I'd happily have watched a rematch of that.

Are there many viable opponents out there for her? My knowledge of women's boxing is pretty limited.
    Amanda Serrano would pretty much be one of the biggest fights in the woman's game, the weight above hers the 4 champs have all agreed to fight each other to see who is undisputed, so rules that out for now

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Amanda Serrano would pretty much be one of the biggest fights in the woman's game, the weight above hers the 4 champs have all agreed to fight each other to see who is undisputed, so rules that out for now
    I listened to a podcast recently suggesting she may need to change weight category to get the box office type fights.

Can't blame the ref for stopping that, looks a bad bad cut

@hibs.net private member
    Can't blame the ref for stopping that, looks a bad bad cut
    Felt sorry for all the paying punters.

It's not going to happen but tonight should have spelled the end for these pitiful 'exhibitions'.

David Haye playing with a guy who has essentially bought the chance to get battered for 8 rounds. Then Evander Holyfield shuffling to the ring, getting knocked about for a couple of minutes almost looking like he didn't know where he was before the ref finally showed the mercy the promoters should have weeks ago. All whilst Donald Trump spouts off about rigged elections in the commentary.

Surely no boxing fans actually enjoys these events. Grim spectacles and someone is going to get seriously hurt sometime soon. Holyfield came close tonight, he shouldn't be taking punches to the head anymore.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

It's not going to happen but tonight should have spelled the end for these pitiful 'exhibitions'.

David Haye playing with a guy who has essentially bought the chance to get battered for 8 rounds. Then Evander Holyfield shuffling to the ring, getting knocked about for a couple of minutes almost looking like he didn't know where he was before the ref finally showed the mercy the promoters should have weeks ago. All whilst Donald Trump spouts off about rigged elections in the commentary.

Surely no boxing fans actually enjoys these events. Grim spectacles and someone is going to get seriously hurt sometime soon. Holyfield came close tonight, he shouldn't be taking punches to the head anymore.
    I watched the Haye "fight" as I was up and it was free, he used the right once in 8 two minute round and could have knocked him out any time he wanted, then to call out Fury afterwards while Trump commentated on it all, the last couple of years have just been mental, canny believe anyone actually pays for that *****

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Any word on tickets yet?
    I'll be looking to get a couple but not heard anything yet.

There is a programme on BBC Scotland about Ken Buchanan just now, you will get it on iPlayer as well

Boxing used to be my favourite sport bar none. But the direction its gone in these past few years with this kind of thing along with the youtubers thinking they're actual boxers, and the best seeming to go to great lengths to avoid fighting each other, well, think I've had enough and just can't be bothered with it any more.

Brutal knock out by Callum Smith, hope the guy is ok

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Brutal knock out by Callum Smith, hope the guy is ok
    That was a badden.

Absolute sham of a result again to let Campbell Hatton win

That is scandalous.

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    I actually can't believe they had the audacity to be that blatantly corrupt.

The UK is rapidly becoming the home of dodgy cards and results, we used to look down on other countries for it but we are now up there

Marcus MacDonald is crooked as they come. I knew before the announcement that he would give it to Hatton. Hatton is a Hearn boxer learning his trade so other than a ko he wasn’t going to lose.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    As soon as he announced 58-57 you knew what was coming. Makes me question the point of watching.

Daylight robbery for Hatton there. I like him and he acknowledged he wa spoor in his interview but decisions like that are taking the piss even if you expect them and, to a limited extent, understand them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Think they picked okolie's opponent off the door of the dog and duck last night!

@hibs.net private member
    Terrible decision unfortunately it was so bad it will put a lot of pressure on him, whilst a defeat he could grow from.

Must say what a difference with a packed stadium. Usyk the better boxer unbelievable speed and class, but you'd think the physical difference will show for aj. Joshua obviously a wonderful fighter too, looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Terrible decision unfortunately it was so bad it will put a lot of pressure on him, whilst a defeat he could grow from.

Must say what a difference with a packed stadium. Usyk the better boxer unbelievable speed and class, but you'd think the physical difference will show for aj. Joshua obviously a wonderful fighter too, looking forward to it
    I might be eating my words in an hour or so but I think people have started to criminally underrate Joshua.

Yes he has his flaws but he's still a top fighter and he has shown in the fights with the likes of Parker and the Ruiz rematch that he can box technically to a plan when he has to. He's in a fight tonight and I'd probably still take Fury to beat him but the disprespect shown to him is off the scale.

@hibs.net private member
    I might be eating my words in an hour or so but I think people have started to criminally underrate Joshua.

Yes he has his flaws but he's still a top fighter and he has shown in the fights with the likes of Parker and the Ruiz rematch that he can box technically to a plan when he has to. He's in a fight tonight and I'd probably still take Fury to beat him but the disprespect shown to him is off the scale.
    No disrespect to aj, look at the great fighters he has beaten. He's great athletic and at his best in a British stadium. I was more bigging up usyk. He's been one of my favourite fighters of recent years a 6 foot loma, he could retire unbeaten in years in cruiserweight. I think Joshua wins comfortably but who knows

@hibs.net private member
    No disrespect to aj, look at the great fighters he has beaten. He's great athletic and at his best in a British stadium. I was more bigging up usyk. He's been one of my favourite fighters of recent years a 6 foot loma, he could retire unbeaten in years in cruiserweight. I think Joshua wins comfortably but who knows
    Defo won’t be comfortable with usyk as you say the guys tough as old boots be an interesting first few rounds imo I’d think AJ proves too strong by rounds 6-8 he looks good conditioning wise I think usyks ring work is a threat he’s maybe not faced before looking forward to it

No, I know you weren't disrespecting AJ. I was more expanding on your latter point about him being a wonderful fighter. A lot of people don't see it.

@hibs.net private member
    No, I know you weren't disrespecting AJ. I was more expanding on your latter point about him being a wonderful fighter. A lot of people don't see it.
    They will big him up when he's gone it's the British way. Andy Murray was a useless bottler, until he won about everything

He's fantastic, a pure athlete in every sense of the word, if he gets the win here then it's a major scalp

Like you I think Fury would still beat him but it's something I change my mind on regularly

I think AJ can get gassed at times though, if you can make it hard work and stay in it(easier said than done) then you have a chance if it goes later

@hibs.net private member
    AJ should win this in the latter rounds but it’s not a given. Some atmosphere at Tottenham’s ground

I love Usyk, he's a mad bassa

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    This could be a really good fight. Usyk is a quality fighter and a southpaw, whether he has the strength at heavyweight is what makes this so intriguing.

United we stand here....

I always approve of AJs Rocky 4 soundtrack choices