hibs.net Messageboard

Page 94 of 115 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 3447

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Usyk is still 6 foot 3 so not a midget. Just aj 6"6 and Fury 6"9 are unbelievably tall.

Joe frazer was 6', tyson 5'10, Liston 6', povetkin 6'2, Roy Jones 5'11, ruiz 6'2, holyfield 6'1
    I know, I mean in terms of him fighting Fury. Fury being that much taller and decent at using his size is where I have my worries. In terms of technical ability Usyk is the man at HW, but Fury is the next best and has a considerable height difference. If they were an inch or two apart id pick Usyk 99 times out of 100, but the size if Fury and him being a surprisingly good boxer for today's HW standards makes me think the fight will be a tricky one.

AJ doesn't tend to use his size or body well, he got away with out-fighting with no set ups vs Ruiz because Ruiz is a more limited fighter, Usyk has entries and the in-fighting ability that pretty much nobody else in the division has. He's got the skill of a little guy in a big guys body. If his coaches comments are anything to go buy, bet the house on Usyk. Last I seen his coach was talking about his heart and making it a fight, when in reality he needs to brush up on his footwork, his hand fighting and positioning and entries/exits into/out of the pocket. Usyk has him beat everywhere besides reach and power, Joshua needs to work the jab and use long shots to stop Usyk entering, nothing to do with his heart/wanting it more.

I will say, if it's not obvious I'm not bought on Fury being one of the HW greats. He's the best about right now, but the HW division is scarily weak in terms of depth currently so that doesn't say all that much.

Guys like Inoue, Donnaire etc all deserve 20x the promotion Fury AJ and Wilder get, but because of the "little guys are boring" stigma they don't get it. Find it hard to get excited about the current HW division when most fights are pretty obvious as to who wins/loses right now. Needs some fresh talent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    I know, I mean in terms of him fighting Fury. Fury being that much taller and decent at using his size is where I have my worries. In terms of technical ability Usyk is the man at HW, but Fury is the next best and has a considerable height difference. If they were an inch or two apart id pick Usyk 99 times out of 100, but the size if Fury and him being a surprisingly good boxer for today's HW standards makes me think the fight will be a tricky one.

AJ doesn't tend to use his size or body well, he got away with out-fighting with no set ups vs Ruiz because Ruiz is a more limited fighter, Usyk has entries and the in-fighting ability that pretty much nobody else in the division has. He's got the skill of a little guy in a big guys body. If his coaches comments are anything to go buy, bet the house on Usyk. Last I seen his coach was talking about his heart and making it a fight, when in reality he needs to brush up on his footwork, his hand fighting and positioning and entries/exits into/out of the pocket. Usyk has him beat everywhere besides reach and power, Joshua needs to work the jab and use long shots to stop Usyk entering, nothing to do with his heart/wanting it more.

I will say, if it's not obvious I'm not bought on Fury being one of the HW greats. He's the best about right now, but the HW division is scarily weak in terms of depth currently so that doesn't say all that much.

Guys like Inoue, Donnaire etc all deserve 20x the promotion Fury AJ and Wilder get, but because of the "little guys are boring" stigma they don't get it. Find it hard to get excited about the current HW division when most fights are pretty obvious as to who wins/loses right now. Needs some fresh talent.
    Good post and agree particularly on inoue an absolute master. I would argue that Fury would be one of the greats if he beat usyk. Yes it's been a weak field but you can only beat what's there. At 6'9 and with good movement I'm not sure which heavyweight from history beats him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Good post and agree particularly on inoue an absolute master. I would argue that Fury would be one of the greats if he beat usyk. Yes it's been a weak field but you can only beat what's there. At 6'9 and with good movement I'm not sure which heavyweight from history beats him.

I agree, but because of him being a deplorable person ill never let my bias fully allow me to class him as a great lol. Won't even pretend it's because I have valid reasons, if he beats Usyk he's up there, I just can't stand the man for his homophobic, misogynistic and other mental things he's said.

Inoue is special. As special as it gets, to go toe-to-toe with an all time legend in Nonito, win ESPN fight of the year and then rematch him and demolish him, that's a rare level of talent. He ate Nonitos left hooks as if it was a joke, and that's probably the scariest left hook in boxing currently.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    I agree, but because of him being a deplorable person ill never let my bias fully allow me to class him as a great lol. Won't even pretend it's because I have valid reasons, if he beats Usyk he's up there, I just can't stand the man for his homophobic, misogynistic and other mental things he's said.

Inoue is special. As special as it gets, to go toe-to-toe with an all time legend in Nonito, win ESPN fight of the year and then rematch him and demolish him, that's a rare level of talent. He ate Nonitos left hooks as if it was a joke, and that's probably the scariest left hook in boxing currently.
    Seen him live demolishing Rodriguez on the Taylor v Baranchyk support. Devastingly fast, scary power, so precise with his work. The monster!

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I know why he did it but Hearn has sold his soul here, dead

Usyk will win.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Usyk will win.
    Definitely the favourite.

Anyone watch the Badou Jack fight? How they judged that is mental. Rivera had the fight won hands down. Shades of the Taylor fight.

Should be a decent fight, looking forward to it.

Atmosphere is horrendous

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i think AJ will win this one

What time are the ring walks

Usyk via however he wants.

ofgs do away with the nonsense/cringey build-up to boxers coming out nowayears

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    What time are the ring walks
    Now

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Atmosphere is horrendous
    Arabs dinnae sing 🤣

Usyk looks like he means business . AJs getting his ass handed to him tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Atmosphere is horrendous
    As brutal as Sweet Caroline is, it gets the crowd pumped

This is garbage

The fight may be great but it all reaks of cash and its not quite got that 'feel' that all big sporting events have.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Even Buffer seems like he canny be arsed haha

AJ is like a plank of wood, so one dimensional, very boring fighter, Usyk oozes class
    Last edited by LunasBoots; 20-08-2022 at 10:40 PM.

Joshua let's off a few flurrys here and there but it's just not enough or kept up consistenly enough to win these rounds

AJ's gonna KO him

Usyk hurt from a body punch, doesn't look the same

great fight

Usyk absolutely strolling this, I've got him up 8-3 here.

Usyk putting on a show, Joshua needs a KO

Commentators a disgrace. Watching a master at his craft and all they're doing is talking about how well the loser is fighting. Give the man his dues

just wasn't to be joshua

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Arguably the best Joshua has fought. Just not enough. Usyk was incredible.

nice touch joshua