hibs.net Messageboard

Page 61 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3444

Thread: Boxing!

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Anyone EVER seen the heavyweight champion of the world leading a mass Karaoke 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

2. Log in to remove the advert

You have to love Fury, wins the heavyweight title then bangs out the karaoke classics.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    😂😂😂 only Tyson Fury could pull that off, what a legend. The karaoke king 😂😂

United we stand here....

Fury v AJ has to happen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wilder said before the fight Furys fists were like pillows! Filled with lead mate 😀

I don’t see the point in fury wilder 3 now .. AJ it is all he needs to cement his legacy..

Interesting in the post match the was asked the question and shook his head, they are going for the 3rd fight by question would be what happens to Dillon whyte and why are the dodging AJ?

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fury v AJ has to happen.
    They won’t let it.

Fury would destroy him, in turn destroying the marketing gravy train and the incomes of all that hang on his coattails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    They won’t let it.

Fury would destroy him, in turn destroying the marketing gravy train and the incomes of all that hang on his coattails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Looked to me in the post match that its fury who didnt want it when asked the question

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    Looked to me in the post match that its fury who didnt want it when asked the question
    Fury is contracted to a rematch with Wilder.

United we stand here....

The big question for any Fury opponent is how the hell do you prepare to fight him? In the 1st Wilder fight he ducked, slipped, weaved and countered of the back foot. Last night he used his big pawing jab to completely nulify a monster puncher and then was the aggressor throughout. He, to put it bluntly, absolutely battered Wilder.

I remember years ago watching Fury scrape a very dubious points decision against John McDermott and I thought he was just another hype job who would be found out. He totally changed things up for the rematch and scored a TKO win. He had ups and downs since then but he has grown as a fighter and is undoubtedly the best in the division right now. There are exciting fights to be made; Joshua, Usyk, Whyte, Hunter and a few others. If he stays healthy I wouldn't bet against him in any of those fights. He's phenomenally good.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Only Fury could get a sing a long going after smashing Wilder in a title fight and getting Bob Arum and Frank Warren to join in - never been his biggest fan and some of the things he has come out with in the past are dubious to say the least but you cannot question his Boxing skills - the best technical boxer in that division bar none - only thing left for him now is to unify the division and fight AJ

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Wilder has 30 days to invoke a rematch

now that would be a silly idea

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Just watched it, managed to go to bed get up and not know the result.

WOW, Fury just continues to surprise me, what a fighter, in any style.

He would beat anyone now, he's the best out there.

@hibs.net private member
    Reading there that the Saudis have already contacted Fury to fight there next.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Great fight. If anyone struggled for a stream and wants one for future reference I've got one I watch most ufc and boxing events on each time so happy to PM.

Fury is absolutely devastating at that weight and fight style. The only problem for Fury now is motivating himself and keeping the dark clouds away. Im not convinced he is all that excited about an AJ fight. I think he knows he beats him easy.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Reading there that the Saudis have already contacted Fury to fight there next.
    He's already fought and won in Saudi, so not too farfetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Fury is absolutely devastating at that weight and fight style. The only problem for Fury now is motivating himself and keeping the dark clouds away. Im not convinced he is all that excited about an AJ fight. I think he knows he beats him easy.
    Think so too. Only one that can beat Tyson, is Tyson himself.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Wilder has 30 days to invoke a rematch

now that would be a silly idea
    Financially it wouldn't. Boxing wise probably not either as he may have a wait to have a title fight again. He is a puncher - and may get lucky...

All that said, I think you mean he'd get bashed up again - and if so I agree 100%. Fury is clearly a vastly superior boxer than Wilder.

Interestingly, just ahead of the bell the Bookies had Wilder fave - 10/11 vs. evens for Fury. Today a re-match would be Fury 1/4 and Wilder 3/1.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm 45 and I loved boxing in the 80s into 90s I grew up watching Mike Tyson, Tucker, Holy field, Spinks etc.

I will ask the folk here your opinion on the best boxers of last few years as the Fury fight is the only one I have watched in years. I kind of think the guys who I watched would destroy most of the ones about just now. Thoughts?

In my day of watching it the fight that had me excited was Spinks v Tyson this had the making of Tyson being in trouble. Tyson destroyed Spinks I never noticed watching live but looking at it years later the fear in Spinks was in his face and eyes.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 24-02-2020 at 08:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I'm 45 and I loved boxing in the 80s into 90s I grew up watching Mike Tyson, Tucker, Holy field, Spinks etc.

I will ask the folk here your opinion on the best boxers of last few years as the Fury fight is the only one I have watched in years. I kind of think the guys who I watched would destroy most of the ones about just now. Thoughts?

In my day of watching it the fight that had me excited was Spinks v Tyson this had the making of Tyson being in trouble. Tyson destroyed Spinks I never noticed watching live but looking at it years later the fear in Spinks was in his face and eyes.
    You've missed out on lots of fighters that could mix in in any era imo, Mayweather, Manny, Ward, Crawford, Calzaghe, Loma, Usyk, Canelo, GGG to name but a few

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    You've missed out on lots of fighters that could mix in in any era imo, Mayweather, Manny, Ward, Crawford, Calzaghe, Loma, Usyk, Canelo, GGG to name but a few
    After my time interest started to dissappear not saying these guys aren't great BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    Financially it wouldn't. Boxing wise probably not either as he may have a wait to have a title fight again. He is a puncher - and may get lucky...

All that said, I think you mean he'd get bashed up again - and if so I agree 100%. Fury is clearly a vastly superior boxer than Wilder.

Interestingly, just ahead of the bell the Bookies had Wilder fave - 10/11 vs. evens for Fury. Today a re-match would be Fury 1/4 and Wilder 3/1.
    looks like the trilogy is on, both wilder and fury happy for it to take place in the new LA raiders 70k stadium,june or july, although i think it's quite laughable wilder blaming the weight of his 'costume' for weakening his legs,it probably didn't help with fury deliberately trying to crush him to death, obviously the ear injury would have a huge affect on his balance as well, i'm sure fury knew what he was doing with the punches to the back of wilders head, wilder claims the referee warned him(wilder) pre-fight that he would disqualify him if he was punching the back of fury's bonce, true or not,dunno, but i'l want the same guy to win the 3rd fight that i wanted to win on sunday =Wilder, but i'm quite sure fury will win that one as well.

P.S. as for borh 'costumes' utter super cringeness,but i wouldn't tell either to their faces 😁
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 25-02-2020 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post

Time to get back into it mate. A Hibs fan is currently PFP a top 10 in the world. I also loved that era but there is some fantastic boxers around at the moment. And in Tyson Fury I believe that we have a heavyweight that would beat most of the 80s ones including Mike Tyson (though I expect many would disagree).

Fury could easily walk away from the sport undefeated and with all the gold. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Fury could easily walk away from the sport undefeated and with all the gold. Doesn’t get much better than that.
    Agree. I dont see him losing either of the 2 fights left on his contract. Whether he does retire after that is anyone's guess.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Mark Breland sacked by Wilder. Poor show.

Very poor from Wilder. He might have just saved him from serious injury. He was as easy to hit as a punching bag.

imo, mike tyson COULD and SHOULD have been thee best heavyweight ever

muhammad ali thought the same