hibs.net Messageboard

Page 55 of 115 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 3444

Thread: Boxing!

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Money says he's back in 2020....
    Probably splurged all his money on pish again, if he's back then he won't be fighting anyone who has a chance of beating him that's for sure, that 0 is too important to him

2. Log in to remove the advert

That's why Wilder can't be written off.

You would struggle to make a case for him winning a single round in that fight and then he unleashes a savage right hand and it's all over
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    That's why Wilder can't be written off.

You would struggle to make a case for him winning a single round in that fight and then he unleashes a savage right hand and it's all over
    That exactly what happened, I was watching it and he never won a single round then boom, you can say what you want about his boxing ability and the opponents he's faced but that right hand is scary as

Ruiz or Joshua?

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Ruiz or Joshua?
    it's an interesting one, did AJ just have an off night?, did he overlook him?, is Ruiz style and height just all wrong for him, I genuinely don't know which one it is, that's why I'm more interested in the rematch than I probably should be

Ruiz is by far the more technically gifted of the two but AJ's power can stop anyone, I think Ruiz concussed him in the first fight so don't take too much from what happened after that

I'm actually looking forward to it which is something I didn't think I'd be feeling about the fight to be honest

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    it's an interesting one, did AJ just have an off night?, did he overlook him?, is Ruiz style and height just all wrong for him, I genuinely don't know which one it is, that's why I'm more interested in the rematch than I probably should be

Ruiz is by far the more technically gifted of the two but AJ's power can stop anyone, I think Ruiz concussed him in the first fight so don't take too much from what happened after that

I'm actually looking forward to it which is something I didn't think I'd be feeling about the fight to be honest
    I think if AJ sticks to his plan up to knocking down Ruiz, he will win. He got greedy and wanted to finish him off and Ruiz’s quick hands cost him. He was winning comfortably sitting behind the jab. And he’ll be more mobile this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a few rumours doing the rounds that Joshua was hurt/knocked down again in training in the last couple of weeks. I'm sceptical and I think it's just a bit mischief making after what allegedly happened last time. I believe he's been doing a lot of sparring with Chisora so it wouldn't shock me if it's Haye doing a bit of stirring with half an eye on a future fight (with Chisora not Haye obviously).

Joshua looks in far better shape this time around. I think it will be a tough night for him but I fancy him to nick it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Would love to see AJ do it. Backing him for a late KO

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I think if AJ sticks to his plan up to knocking down Ruiz, he will win. He got greedy and wanted to finish him off and Ruiz’s quick hands cost him. He was winning comfortably sitting behind the jab. And he’ll be more mobile this time.

I’m not convinced by that. AJ has missed out on a boxing apprenticeship and he’s basically learning on the job. He’s been exciting to watch at times, but never fully convincing. His lack of tactical nous in a fight was badly exposed by Ruiz in the last fight and more worryingly his lack of heart. The way he walked away from the referee and back to his corner is a major worry for me.

United we stand here....

For me this fight centres around how much Ruiz wants it. I remember staying up to watch Buster Douglas fighting Tyson. Douglas never got the credit he deserved for that fight, he had the mobility of a middleweight fighter that night. The next fight Douglas was hopeless and just took the money. If Ruiz is taking this seriously AJ will have a fight on his hands. From a betting point of view Ruiz is the the value.

United we stand here....

For anyone not old enough to remember how dominant mike Tyson was I urge you to watch this video. What Buster Douglas achieved that night will probably never be repeated. He was truly amazing.
    https://youtu.be/0IK4ADQIuEM

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m not convinced by that. AJ has missed out on a boxing apprenticeship and he’s basically learning on the job. He’s been exciting to watch at times, but never fully convincing. His lack of tactical nous in a fight was badly exposed by Ruiz in the last fight and more worryingly his lack of heart. The way he walked away from the referee and back to his corner is a major worry for me.
    He took the defeat too well. Too much smiling and laughing in the ring after words and no real complaint when the ref waved it off.. Same in the build up this time, he doesn’t have the ‘eye of the tiger’’. Ruiz is a genuinely nice guy. I don’t think he needs to get nasty but AJ, does. I agree that a lot depends on how Ruiz has prepared but I don’t think he’ll do a Buster Douglas. Going to be an interesting night, nobody knows for sure what’ll happen.

Ruiz to win by KO.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    I think the change of opponent in the last fight is being underplayed here. IMO it had a massive affect on the outcome of the fight. Miller was a 300 pound + brawler who does his best work inside and up close, Ruiz a fast handed counterpuncher. It’s no surprise AJ looked sluggish, he was preparing for a 300lb beast leaning on him for 12 rounds.

Make no mistake, since that night at MSG in May, AJ & Rob Mcracken will have had their sights solely on Ruiz, and will have been preparing accordingly.

I’ve seen it mentioned on this thread that AJ had little or no boxing education - well he managed to grab an Olympic Gold medal and Unify world titles with that limited education.

I fully expect to see the best AJ on Saturday. Buzzing for it now.

Gamer IDs

Decent documentary on BBC - Joshua Ruiz - One night. Tyson and Stallone are really good onnit.

I like watching boxing but don’t really know that much about it if I am honest.

However, I do know he took a battering in the first fight. I was listening to a podcast with Tyson Fury last week who made the point that people forget AJ was losing the fight when it was stopped.

People reference Lennox Lewis as someone who came back from a loss to win (Oliver McCall was it?) but he was actually winning the 1st fight when he was hit by the vital punch.

AJ wasn’t and Fury reckons that Ruiz will win again.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Joshua by KO for me

Gamer IDs

I like watching boxing but don’t really know that much about it if I am honest.

However, I do know he took a battering in the first fight. I was listening to a podcast with Tyson Fury last week who made the point that people forget AJ was losing the fight when it was stopped.

People reference Lennox Lewis as someone who came back from a loss to win (Oliver McCall was it?) but he was actually winning the 1st fight when he was hit by the vital punch.

AJ wasn’t and Fury reckons that Ruiz will win again.
    1 punch changed the fight. Same reason fury will need to be wary of wilder again. If AJ stays composed and doesn’t get greedy after he knocked Ruiz down, he’d have won comfortably. He let Ruiz get in close and that temple shot was shuddering.

Just saw the latest pictures of Joshua and he looks in incredible shape. Far more of a boxing physique this time around.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...dy-ruiz-boxing

Some epic crawling from Hearn here.

“I can’t tell you how honoured I am to be in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We were very close to going to Wales, then I got a message from Prince Khalid. I told him: ‘Don’t waste our time.’ But the passion this man had to bring the fight here was undeniable."

He certainly has a lot of passion.

As much as I think it would be funny if Joshua lost again, for future fight making its probably better if he wins.

Gamer IDs

Just saw the latest pictures of Joshua and he looks in incredible shape. Far more of a boxing physique this time around.
    Costello and bunce were astounded by his admission that he expects to come in under 17st today meaning he’ll be 10lbs lighter than the summer fight.

Ruiz over 3st heavier.

Just saw Joshua at the weigh in, almost looks a different person with the weight loss!

2/1 or better the guy that won the last time looks like a bet for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Just saw Joshua at the weigh in, almost looks a different person with the weight loss!
    Just under 17st.

Ruiz about 20st FFS. 😂

I like what Joshua is saying and I like how he looks. I can’t get away from the Buster Douglas scenario with Ruiz. I know Ruiz was a late replacement last time, but I thought he might have come in a bit fitter this time given that he’s got so much to lose in this fight. I know he’s never been remotely fit, but come on he’s the heavyweight champion of the world. Joshua just needs to keep him at range and Ruiz will be out on his feet in the latter part of the fight. Joshua KO in the later rounds for me.

United we stand here....

A few people suggesting Ruiz may have fiddled his weight. To the eye he apparently looked leaner, relatively speaking, than the last fight yet weighed in at a career high. There's a suggestion he was wearing heavy soled shoes and was carrying small weights in his pockets and hat. One commentator suggested he could be as much as 10-12lbs lighter than his official weight.

Interesting mind game if it is the case. I wonder how that plays with regards to the rules?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    A few people suggesting Ruiz may have fiddled his weight. To the eye he apparently looked leaner, relatively speaking, than the last fight yet weighed in at a career high. There's a suggestion he was wearing heavy soled shoes and was carrying small weights in his pockets and hat. One commentator suggested he could be as much as 10-12lbs lighter than his official weight.

Interesting mind game if it is the case. I wonder how that plays with regards to the rules?
    Yeh I read that last night. All seems a bit ‘horse shoes in the gloves’ to me. He was looking leaner though and I was shocked he came in so heavy.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Ruiz or Joshua?

I predicted AJ to win by a late KO a few weeks ago but starting to think Ruiz might do it again. Unsure why, just got a feeling.

It’s going to be a great fight as heavyweight boxing always is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Come on AJ.