hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

The ref. Alan Muir.

Took his incompetence to new levels today. Never had control of the game, baffling decisions and took an age to take action against Dunfermline players who were kicking McGinn every time he got the ball whilst getting his card out as fast as he could to book McGinn.

Considering the penalty he missed for our play off against Falkirk, her managed to spot an instrument nobody else did for their organdy, yet missed a blatant penalty on Boyle.

You get pelters for saying it, but he's either completely incompetent as a ref, or very competent as a cheat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    her managed to spot an instrument nobody else did for their organdy,
    Sorry for the hijack matty but that auto-correct is a beauty if imagined in the voice of Ronnie Barker

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Sorry for the hijack matty but that auto-correct is a beauty if imagined in the voice of Ronnie Barker
    I meant 'infringement'. I hate auto correct but I'm not changing the post because I can now hear Ronnie Barker saying it! And 'he' rather than 'her' at the start of the sentence.

Took his incompetence to new levels today. Never had control of the game, baffling decisions and took an age to take action against Dunfermline players who were kicking McGinn every time he got the ball whilst getting his card out as fast as he could to book McGinn.

Considering the penalty he missed for our play off against Falkirk, her managed to spot an instrument nobody else did for their organdy, yet missed a blatant penalty on Boyle.

You get pelters for saying it, but he's either completely incompetent as a ref, or very competent as a cheat.
    He's both. He was biased today, and when he forgot to be biased he was simply crap. Like all the other masonic mediocrities in that league, his mouth, when it wasn't constantly on his whistle, was running over his own skin. It was vainly trying to salve the deep wounds we inflicted upon him on the 21st of May.

The penalty was out and out cheating. He just invented it. Not a single Dunfermline player even claimed for a foul.

And the decision not to send the boy off for the penalty he gave us was a shocker. Now I know the rule has changed a bit, but I don't think jumping on someone's back constitutes a genuine attempt to play the ball.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    While we can't do much to prevent incompetent refereeing, we can raise our standards to that what we saw in the second half today, and prevent those baffling refereeing displays having an influence on our fate.

It was as if him and the officials had set out with a plan to make sure Hibs didn't win. Some absolutely baffling decisions against us by him and especially the stand side linesman. He had a better second half but that wouldn't have been hard.

Hibs have to rise above this though and start putting teams away, we eventually did today so well done 🍻

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    While we can't do much to prevent incompetent refereeing, we can raise our standards to that what we saw in the second half today, and prevent those baffling refereeing displays having an influence on our fate.
    I hate hearing this. Whether we play well or not we deserve to have referees give us a fair crack of the whip.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Awful refereeing display for all the reasons above. McGinn booked and then Pars players do similar with no booking. Clueless.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The penalty was out and out cheating. He just invented it. Not a single Dunfermline player even claimed for a foul.

And the decision not to send the boy off for the penalty he gave us was a shocker. Now I know the rule has changed a bit, but I don't think jumping on someone's back constitutes a genuine attempt to play the ball.
    I agree, and the linesman was making his way back up the pitch, total nonsense of a decision.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    shinnie should have got booked for that foul near the touchline, baffling why he didn't give a penalty for that push on boyle in the box, no consistency

@hibs.net private member
    The refs we've had in the championship are so bad that I'm actually pleased when we get Craig Thomson now.

10/10 for the (un)intentional musically-related link Matty. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    He's both. He was biased today, and when he forgot to be biased he was simply crap. Like all the other masonic mediocrities in that league, his mouth, when it wasn't constantly on his whistle, was running over his own skin. It was vainly trying to salve the deep wounds we inflicted upon him on the 21st of May.

We've all seen shockers in the past like Bob Valentine and Brian McGinley but this lot are taking the biscuit.

I hate people like muir who go on to the pitch knowing already they are going to referee the game in a thoroughly biased and corrupt manner.

Thankfully we bossed the second half and went on to deservedly get the three very valuable points today.

Well done the Hi bees.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Said that at the time too. He got far more wrong than he got right and most of the time to our disadvantage.

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)
    I was extremely baffled by him today. Failed to give us a free kick for a blatant push on Keatings then give them a penalty for a mysterious push.
    Absolute clown of a ref.
    Last edited by AndyB_70; 22-10-2016 at 07:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Compare the assault on Holt in the box last week that we didn't get to the pen they got today. There must be a reason why these things keep happening.

The penalty for them was a farce.

Stevenson should have had a corner 2nd half never got it.

The push on Boyle - should have been a pen. Saw a clip on twitter and looks worse that I realised.

Player should have had a ref for foul and goal scoring opportunity (yes I know rules have changed but you can still get a ref for this type of challenge).

The Pars chance just after they scored - 2 feet off but plays on for a 1v1 but luckily the hibs keeper saved it or it would have been 2-0.

Numberous fouls he got wrong for both teams - they didn't get things they should have and 1st half he may have been a rangers fan in disguise.

Finally allowing a player to tie their laces - didn't realise that was a rule to stop play.

Follicly challenged assistant referee is a Jambo - big time. Fact

It doesn't get any better further down we go. I was at the Preston-Montrose game today, 3 red cards, one after the final whistle for a sub telling the ref 'that was a disgrace' from 30 yards, straight red. He blew the full time whistle in the huff due to a shout from a back garden before running down the tunnel barging past players. Embarrassing the standard of people getting badges in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It doesn't get any better further down we go. I was at the Preston-Montrose game today, 3 red cards, one after the final whistle for a sub telling the ref 'that was a disgrace' from 30 yards, straight red. He blew the full time whistle in the huff due to a shout from a back garden before running down the tunnel barging past players. Embarrassing the standard of people getting badges in this country.
    The SFA are a joke..

Jobs for the boys at all levels..

The refs are useles also..

Don't forget the national team are useless also..

The game in this country needs sorted !

Each week I go along thinking the standard of refereeing has surely bottomed out but then along came Alan Muir, who managed to plumb new depths. He was so bad today it bordered on the farcical. No wonder SJM lost the rag and chopped their player down. Yes it was a yellow but up to that point and on a good number of occasions thereafter it was open season on SJM with the Pars players seeming to take turn about in kicking him
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Muir blatantly cheated in the playoff and personally am delighted he probably played a huge part in us winning the cup by not having a game on the Tuesday before the final. Thanks Alan.

Absolutely shocking refereeing today. I don't think a trip counts in his views of a foul. Counted 3 (including one in the box on Boyle) that he never gave. Their penalty too wtf. One of the worst refereeing performances I can remember and that's saying something with the shockers we've seen.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    It is blatantly obvious there is no monitoring at all of referee performance in this country. Same faces making the same mistakes every week. Definite cheats in there also.

It's basically the same s*** just about every week whether Hibs win, lose or draw.

I'll say it again. The standard of refereeing is woeful. Why that is the case has been debated to death on here. Theories put forward range from Hibs fans are being paranoid to accusations of outright cheating and corruption on the part of referees and their assistants, and also their paymasters.

What really is the truth of the matter? Moreover, what can be done to improve the standard of refereeing? Not just for Hibs sake, but for the good of the game generally?

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    It's basically the same s*** just about every week whether Hibs win, lose or draw.

I'll say it again. The standard of refereeing is woeful. Why that is the case has been debated to death on here. Theories put forward range from Hibs fans are being paranoid to accusations of outright cheating and corruption on the part of referees and their assistants, and also their paymasters.

What really is the truth of the matter? Moreover, what can be done to improve the standard of refereeing? Not just for Hibs sake, but for the good of the game generally?
    Caught a wee bit of Off The Ball on the way home. Scott McDonald was asked who his favourite refs were and he came up with Steven McLean, Willie Collum and Craig Thomson. Gordon (I personally witnessed all the Rangers players being kicked to the ground) Waddell mentioned Bobby Madden who, for me is the best of the bunch at the moment.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

I think the answer to your question is simple, bring back the Maltese refs, the weekend they came over, absolutely zero controversy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Each week I go along thinking the standard of refereeing has surely bottomed out but then along came Alan Muir, who managed to plumb new depths. He was so bad today it bordered on the farcical. No wonder SJM lost the rag and chopped their player down. Yes it was a yellow but up to that point and on a good number of occasions thereafter it was open season on SJM with the Pars players seeming to take turn about in kicking him
    Dunfermline's game plan seemed to me to basically kick everyone & break up play but the amount of "attention" McGinn received was ridiculous. I couldn't believe how poor Muir was today but in the last 15 mins some of the decisions he gave against Dunfermline were as baffling imo. A poor referee that lost control of the game early and got even more out of his depth as the game went on,.

How he missed the shove on Boyle in the second half was astonishing.

It was one of the clearest penalties you're likely to see.