Fyvie
    SJM
    Bartley

Keatings
    Cummings
    Holt

2. Log in to remove the advert

Will be the same team that started last week I think

I'd definitely play Bartley as he'll probably get away with murder from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    442 or 433 ?

Rocky

SDG
    MCGregor
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Fyvie
    SJM
    Bartley

Keatings
    Cummings
    Holt
    This team looks good to me with Alex Harris definitely on the bench as he looks as if he is regaining his confidence again. If he does become the player he looked he could he is a match-winner or the match-winner supplier.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    442 or 433 ?

Rocky

SDG
    MCGregor
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Fyvie
    SJM
    Bartley

Keatings
    Cummings
    Holt
    I like that 11.

Boyle to get 30 mins at the end too preferably.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Mcgeough is out

First Team Breakthrough PerthHibby's Avatar
    I don't think Cummings will start today..

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'd definitely play Bartley as he'll probably get away with murder from now on.
    Was just thinking, the refs have probably had a lodge meeting and also invited all the ones along who are just incompetent - they will be seething - Bartley to get a hat trick of non existent red cards today for having the temerity to be wrongly sent off twice previously?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthHibby View Post
    I don't think Cummings will start today..
    Can't see Lennon dropping the guy that has scored more goals than the rest of the squad combined. Has to start imo .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Lennon needs to shake it up, we need WIDTH. we dont need 2 sitting players i.e bartley and fyvie. One or the other imo.

Marciano needs to play the ball to feet and quickly when possible. By playing like this we need to have 2 wingers waiting on the pass, the midfield up with play and waiting on the pass inside and most importantly said winger needs to be on his toes and running forward. otherwise its slow build up, pass side to side trying to break down a bank of 5 of more and the only pass our strikers get is with their backs to the goal.

Also cut out Long balls from Hanlon cross field all the time. Its ok to mix it up now and again, but last week it seemed to be the game plan....Keeper boot it up or pass to hanlon to take a few strides the hoof it up. Unless bartley is playing in and advanced role we dont have much physical presence to win second balls that holt might knock down from a long ball.

I would play - Marciano

Gray Mcgregor Hanlon stevenson

Boyle Bartly SJM Shinnie

Cummings Holt

He'll start the same team as last week, never under threat and would've probably went onto win if Bartley hadn't been sent off. Fyvie is a better player when going forward and having Bartley there allows him to do that. Pretty disappointed Shinnie isn't forcing his way into the side, he's a clever player and what we need but maybe that's why he's here and not down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Lennon needs to shake it up, we need WIDTH. we dont need 2 sitting players i.e bartley and fyvie. One or the other imo.

Marciano needs to play the ball to feet and quickly when possible. By playing like this we need to have 2 wingers waiting on the pass, the midfield up with play and waiting on the pass inside and most importantly said winger needs to be on his toes and running forward. otherwise its slow build up, pass side to side trying to break down a bank of 5 of more and the only pass our strikers get is with their backs to the goal.

Also cut out Long balls from Hanlon cross field all the time. Its ok to mix it up now and again, but last week it seemed to be the game plan....Keeper boot it up or pass to hanlon to take a few strides the hoof it up. Unless bartley is playing in and advanced role we dont have much physical presence to win second balls that holt might knock down from a long ball.

I would play - Marciano

Boyle Bartly SJM Shinnie

Cummings Holt
    Exactly!

MxGeough needs to start when fit too.

@hibs.net private member
    For me we struggle with Bartley and Fyvive in the same side. So I'd leave Bartley out and bring Boyle in as a wide midfielder on one side and Keatings on the other.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Shinnie for keatings in the tip of the diamond if Lennon plays that formation.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Exactly!

MxGeough needs to start when fit too.
    the McGeough situation is a problem, it has gone on too long, a cracking player who can easily run a game when he is fully fit and even half when he is on his game, but this ongoing injury thing needs bottomed out.

as for the team today - I have to admit that I was really impressed with the way we played lasy week with 10 men .. our line up after half time was great loads of width with Keatings playing out wide left and drifting inside a bit, but him playing wide and taking players on was a real bonus and option I thought. McGinn and Fyvie completely bossed the midfield on their own, so was/is another central midfielder needed or can we have a wide player instead.
    I have a theory about our midfield, I think it is overloaded with central midfielders all wanting to play the central are, and no one wanting to get wide. with them all being in there it becomes a mess and too slow, and they pass on workloads.
    I think man to man we are better than all of the teams in this league, and that we should play games that way, either a 433 or 442 with our wide 2 in the midfield playing wide, as from what I saw last week and in reality McGinn and Fyvie can and will win the midfield battles, I don't think we need Bartley in their it makes us too ponderous ... let each player play against their opposite number and win their individual battles, don't give them any hiding place ! that was what happened in the second half last week !
    only my opinion of course !
    PS the wide 2 can't be Boyle and Harris as neither of them tackle and are too lightweight, but one plus Keatings wide would be for me !

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Shinnie for keatings in the tip of the diamond if Lennon plays that formation.
    Surely not?? What has shinnie done?

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    the McGeough situation is a problem, it has gone on too long, a cracking player who can easily run a game when he is fully fit and even half when he is on his game, but this ongoing injury thing needs bottomed out.

as for the team today - I have to admit that I was really impressed with the way we played lasy week with 10 men .. our line up after half time was great loads of width with Keatings playing out wide left and drifting inside a bit, but him playing wide and taking players on was a real bonus and option I thought. McGinn and Fyvie completely bossed the midfield on their own, so was/is another central midfielder needed or can we have a wide player instead.
    I have a theory about our midfield, I think it is overloaded with central midfielders all wanting to play the central are, and no one wanting to get wide. with them all being in there it becomes a mess and too slow, and they pass on workloads.
    I think man to man we are better than all of the teams in this league, and that we should play games that way, either a 433 or 442 with our wide 2 in the midfield playing wide, as from what I saw last week and in reality McGinn and Fyvie can and will win the midfield battles, I don't think we need Bartley in their it makes us too ponderous ... let each player play against their opposite number and win their individual battles, don't give them any hiding place ! that was what happened in the second half last week !
    only my opinion of course !
    PS the wide 2 can't be Boyle and Harris as neither of them tackle and are too lightweight, but one plus Keatings wide would be for me !
    I'm going to remove the Bart man from my original team ECH . As your bang on the money with your points .
    I'm switching to a 442 .

Rocky

SDG
    MCGregor
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Shinnie
    SJM
    Fyvie
    Keatings

Holt
    Cummings

Boyle to come on last 20 .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Not my first choice of team... but I think we may see this...

Marciano

Stevenson
    Gray

Fontaine
    Hanlon
    McGregor

Fyvie
    Bartley
    McGinn

Holt
    Cummings

In a 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 formation.... width and numbers going forward with a solid line when defending.

When playing this formation I would prefer to see a player like McGeough / Shinnie / Keatings in there to support the strikers but I think Lennon likes Bartley in there to try and stop attacks against us in the midfield rather than letting them through to the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post

I would play - Marciano

Boyle Bartly SJM Shinnie

Cummings Holt
    No chance Keats will be dropped was best player on park last week...other than that like this team and set up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    No chance Keats will be dropped was best player on park last week...other than that like this team and set up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I agree, and would have keat with Holt. Just don't think Lennon would drop jc

Rocky

SDG
    McGregor
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Boyle
    Fyvie
    SJM
    Keatings

Cummings
    Holt

I think if Boyle and Keatings want to swap sides to keep them guessing and utilise Keatings left foot then they should be encouraged. But we need to get good deliveries into the box for Holt and for Jason to feed off. We're better than the teams we play up against lets put them on the back foot quickly with pace, width, and two up top. Getting annoyed with the 3 in midfield and two of them end up sitting too deep imo.

No Cummings in starting lineup also looks like 3 cb with Fontaine returning

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    STARTING XI | Marciano, Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson, Fyvie, McGinn, Shinnie, Holt, Keatings.

SUBS | Laidlaw, Forster, Bartley, Harris, Boyle, Cummings, Graham
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I agree with Lennons decision to drop Cummings this week tbh. He's been well off the boil for a good few weeks now, time to give him a rest and go with a new partnership up front.

It's looking as if the manager still has no idea of his best first 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Judging by this thread neither do we. Slightly worried about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Judging by this thread neither do we. Slightly worried about that.
    Correct. A lot more worrying that Lennon doesn't though.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Me neither, do you? I think each and every one of these players could have a case against them not starting, i could pick a team for todays game and 2 minutes later pick another.

Until such times as players grab their position and make it theirs, i think i will keep that opinion on them.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    It's looking a bit like names out a hat at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    It's looking a bit like names out a hat at the moment
    Might it not be that with Fontaine coming back from injury this is Lennon's preference. He has been saying for the past month that Cummings has to take more chances than he has been and Keatings is said to have been one of our better players last week. Therefore Keatings ahead of Cummings shouldn't be such a surprise. If he likes to go three at the back a fit Fontaine is a better option than Forster. I like Forster but he has still a bit to prove as far as sense of position goes. There is a footballer there no doubt. I think Lennon sees this set up as his strongest side at this time.