hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Allan

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Lewis Allan

I see Livingston have cancelled his loan, a bit of not playing and extended travelling for him, have led to this.
    Anyone remember how old Lewis is?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Livingston have cancelled his loan, a bit of not playing and extended travelling for him, have led to this.
    Anyone remember how old Lewis is?
    He's 19 but turns 20 later in the month

extended travelling??

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    extended travelling??
    http://livingstonfc.co.uk/lewis-allan-returns-hibs/

Think he lives in the borders somewhere

In a very important time in his career and his next loan move needs to be the right one. Seems a good laddie and a decent player from what little I've seen so hopefully he can kick on at some point.

Didn't he need surgery on his spine not long ago or am I thinking of someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Didn't he need surgery on his spine not long ago or am I thinking of someone else
    He sure did, was out for almost a year. May be one of the reasons why he doesn't want to sit in a car for too long

He sure did, was out for almost a year. May be one of the reasons why he doesn't want to sit in a car for too long
    Unless he goes to Berwick on loan there's not much closer than Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Unless he goes to Berwick on loan there's not much closer than Livingston
    Edinburgh City could be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post
    Edinburgh City could be an option.
    Fair shout. Was hoping he'd start playing at a higher level to see if he was making any sort of progress

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Fair shout. Was hoping he'd start playing at a higher level to see if he was making any sort of progress
    Our 1st team are looking for goal scorers

Extented travelling? Is that a bit like mutual consent? Its bull**** whatever it is.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I can't see Lewis Allan making any more first team appearances at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Our 1st team are looking for goal scorers
    Lewis Allan sadly isn't the answer. Not good enough for the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Lewis Allan sadly isn't the answer. Not good enough for the first team.
    Plus he can't go back to defend corners. Too far to travel....

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I liked the looks of Allan when he got the occasional bit of game time here. He looked to have a bit more presence about him - something that our usual youngsters don't. Thought he had potential to come good for us (which I've not written off yet).

Hope he gets a good move, kicks on, gets his chance here and takes it.
    Mon the Hibs.

Its been well documented that Lewis lives far down the Borders, Melrose i believe. Considering he needed pretty serious back surgery last year and not playing very much at Livi, you can blame the lad.

Im pretty certain if he was getting game time, he would have dealt with the travelling, no point putting himself in trouble back wise if he isnt getting the rewards.

Hopefully we find him something.

Unfortunately injury looks like its ended his chances at Hibs. Without putting the guy down his goal scoring record both at youth level and in the lower leagues is very poor. When you compare that to the rate that Cummings and Shaw are bangining them in at youth level and the likes of handling and insall on loan then it isn't the best of signs for a striker.

I know he comes from the borders but why is he still living down there when he has a career up here in Edinburgh with Hibs, he's been here long enough so really should've had a flat organised, I'm pretty sure Hibs own flats next to ER.

As for his career, I remember a couple of cameo appearances but his injury has probably taken care of going further with us, he just seems to be permanently on loan.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Whatever the circumstances, I wish the young guy the very best for the future whether it is with Hibs or not.

An injury like the one he had must have been pretty devastating at a crucial stage of his career and at the very least he deserves our sympathy and certainly not some of the dafty comments.

Disappointed !
    Know a couple of those involved in his early days in the Borders and they felt he he had the right attitude and talent to be a very good player at our level
    Good luck to him !!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    There's a perfectly good train service runs from near as damn it Melrose to Edinburgh. Strangely enough there is two train routes from Edinburgh to Livingston too.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    There's a perfectly good train service runs from near as damn it Melrose to Edinburgh. Strangely enough there is two train routes from Edinburgh to Livingston too.
    Neither of them go anywhere near the stadium though!

He can't want it that much if it's down to not wanting to travel.

A young footballer coming through should be willing to give anything to make it.

Coaching Staff
    Travel is red herring.

Sincerely hope all is well physically given previous history.

Football is a tough game to make it in when you are fully fit......

Let's not forget that once he gets to Livingston he might be traveling to the likes of Stranraer and Peterhead as a unused sub or not stripped then back to Livingston then the borders .
    I like the lads bustling,physical style which can make players standout at youth level(manchild). Whether its down to injury or ability, on the few recent occasions I've watched him with the development squad he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's a first team player for us right now unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymark View Post
    Let's not forget that once he gets to Livingston he might be traveling to the likes of Stranraer and Peterhead as a unused sub or not stripped then back to Livingston then the borders .
    I like the lads bustling,physical style which can make players standout at youth level(manchild). Whether its down to injury or ability, on the few recent occasions I've watched him with the development squad he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's a first team player for us right now unfortunately.
    If he wanted it badly enough he would make the sacrifice, and its not as if he is driving to all these places, there must be more to it than the travelling, i have guys who drive over an hour to work, do a 12 hour shift then drive home again, football players annoy me sometimes(again if this is the reason)

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    If he wanted it badly enough he would make the sacrifice, and its not as if he is driving to all these places, there must be more to it than the travelling, i have guys who drive over an hour to work, do a 12 hour shift then drive home again, football players annoy me sometimes(again if this is the reason)
    Livingston just played East Fife in the league the other week. Young Allan was on the bench. Not sure if he got on.

But, Melrose to Livingston is 2.5 hours, Livingston to East Fife 1 Hour, game on the bench 1.5 hours, and the journey in reverse. Times are obviously rough but you get the idea. Assuming hes still in Melrose.

8.5 hours sitting down for a young lad with a bad back? Pretty certain all the games in that league would be of similar distance. Would be different if he was running around for 90mins and making it worth while. But nobody would like to sit and travel for 7 hours every week to then sit and do nothing for another 1.5 hours.

If he can't break into the Livi team I doubt he will make it with Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Livingston just played East Fife in the league the other week. Young Allan was on the bench. Not sure if he got on.

But, Melrose to Livingston is 2.5 hours, Livingston to East Fife 1 Hour, game on the bench 1.5 hours, and the journey in reverse. Times are obviously rough but you get the idea. Assuming hes still in Melrose.

8.5 hours sitting down for a young lad with a bad back? Pretty certain all the games in that league would be of similar distance. Would be different if he was running around for 90mins and making it worth while. But nobody would like to sit and travel for 7 hours every week to then sit and do nothing for another 1.5 hours.
    Sorry this may come over as harsh but i cant feel sorry for someone just because he has to sit and travel for 7 hours every week, i damaged the discs in my back and granted may not be as bad as his back but it takes me an hour to get to work in the morning and then depending on traffic coming back out of edinburgh can sometimes take up to 1.5 hours, there are guys playing for travel allowances in the lower leagues who do a lot more than what this young lad is doing but they do it as they want to play football every week, again if this is the reason then thats a big problem but there may well be other issues