hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer signings

Summer signings

Absolute dross.
    We are a worse team this season than last. With the money that the fans are putting into the club just now we deserved better than what we got.
    January is now crucial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was saying at the game that it's hard to believe that's the same team that won the cup, well 90% of it is.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was saying at the game that it's hard to believe that's the same team that won the cup, well 90% of it is.
    Not really. We are playing the exact same as we were last season and the season before. Slow build up. No pace. Suspect at cross balls. Just pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not really. We are playing the exact same as we were last season and the season before. Slow build up. No pace. Suspect at cross balls. Just pish.
    I was meaning the way they played in the final, this team looks disjointed.

@hibs.net private member
    We have been pish since Holt was taken off when we were 1-0 up against Ayr

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Harsh to dismiss them all like that when Marciano did no wrong, Graham got limited time on the park and Holt didn't play. I get your frustration though. Shinnie was poor. I thought he looked superb on his debut but I've not seen a performance out of him since.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland_Hibee View Post
    Harsh to dismiss them all like that when Marciano did no wrong, Graham got limited time on the park and Holt didn't play. I get your frustration though. Shinnie was poor. I thought he looked superb on his debut but I've not seen a performance out of him since.

Why are Holt and Graham not starting though?
    I can't think of a single Hibs fan that thought we would be starting games with Cummings and Keatings up front this season. We knew we would need better.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Hibs team we saw today is just not kitted out to break teams down. Our build up is too slow, our midfield don't commit themselves to forward runs and we're constantly trying to thread balls through 9 defenders - which invariably breaks down. Every team in the league now prepares for that.

Holt gives us a plan B but Lennon has now dropped him, so we're back to the same approach as Stubbs (with all the problems). 2 pts from 9 is poor in this league and many of our key players are just not performing.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The Hibs team we saw today is just not kitted out to break teams down. Our build up is too slow, our midfield don't commit themselves to forward runs and we're constantly trying to thread balls through 9 defenders - which invariably breaks down. Every team in the league now prepares for that.

Holt gives us a plan B but Lennon has now dropped him, so we're back to the same approach as Stubbs (with all the problems). 2 pts from 9 is poor in this league and many of our key players are just not performing.
    This - our midfield players never get beyond the strikers - oh for a Pat McGinlay.

Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    This - our midfield players never get beyond the strikers - oh for a Pat McGinlay.
    The lethargy of the midfield players was astounding.

You could see Hanlon got pissed off at one point when he got into a very good position down the left and nobody had made the late run into the box.

A Pat McGinlay type is exactly what it looks like we're crying out for. We also look like we're crying our for a target man like Mixu, wingers like Michael O'Neill and Kevin McAllister and a clever, quick striker like Darren Jackson too though. Someone to play passes like Latapy, then a Matty Jack........

Unfortunately I think we're just quite a bit short of quality and are nowhere near where we need to be.

I dont thinkmwere short of quality for this league, its (as I have mentioned on countless threads) pace and urgency. Lennon needs tae kick their erses and kicck them good.

8 games and that's them been branded. Well done sir

Hibs fans ****ing infuriate me sometimes. Do every other club slaughter players the way we do? Even on the Mcginn thread folk are saying it's the worst performance from a hibs player ever potentially.

Precious little souls are hibs fans. No wonder people call the team mentally weak when the fans **** their pants after a poor result or 2.

Logging off now to save any arguments but all I'll say us we have an excellent manager, with an excellent squad. I'll reserve judgement until we've played a few more games

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Graham looks like a poor man's Nish.

We needed fast direct players yet signed the complete opposite!

I'll give them all a chance but I couldn't believe we signed Graham - anytime I've seen him play he's been brutal

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    I'll give them all a chance but I couldn't believe we signed Graham - anytime I've seen him play he's been brutal

you're not alone

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

Hibs fans ****ing infuriate me sometimes. Do every other club slaughter players the way we do? Even on the Mcginn thread folk are saying it's the worst performance from a hibs player ever potentially.

Precious little souls are hibs fans. No wonder people call the team mentally weak when the fans **** their pants after a poor result or 2.

Logging off now to save any arguments but all I'll say us we have an excellent manager, with an excellent squad. I'll reserve judgement until we've played a few more games
    Utter pish, the Hibs support have shown patience beyond anything that could be expected -:maybe somebody needs to spell it out to you that this is our THIRD consecutive season outside (the weakest ever) top league. Nobody is being branded, but results have not been good enough so far. It's the attitude of those happy to accept mediocrity, refusing to acknowledge the crisis we were (and still are) in that led us to this point.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I like the look of Marciano. The communication between him and the back 4 needs to improve, but he's got the look of a good keeper. Need to watch it again but it looked like he had no chance for their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    I like the look of Marciano. The communication between him and the back 4 needs to improve, but he's got the look of a good keeper. Need to watch it again but it looked like he had no chance for their goal.
    I was sitting near the other end so need to see it again to see if he by making an effort he'd have had any chance - bit tbh I can't recall him making a save yet. Certainly nothing to suggest he's an improvement on either of last season's GKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Utter pish, the Hibs support have shown patience beyond anything that could be expected -:maybe somebody needs to spell it out to you that this is our THIRD consecutive season outside (the weakest ever) top league. Nobody is being branded, but results have not been good enough so far. It's the attitude of those happy to accept mediocrity, refusing to acknowledge the crisis we were (and still are) in that led us to this point.
    Away and lie in your *****. Do you not think there are circumstances that's led to us being in our third year in this division? Season 1. 8 players contracted and club in disarray. New manager and time to blend led to us failing to get promoted. Second season we done somehing the best hibs teams of the last 100 years couldn't do so ultimately the league form took a hit so don't come at me wi the pish that the fans have been patient. We're 2 months in to the new season and there's thread after thread moaning about this player and moaning about that player. Tactics. Manager. Surprised the length of the grass hasn't been commented on.

We'll win this league, by some distance. I've no doubt about that.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Why are Holt and Graham not starting though?
    I can't think of a single Hibs fan that thought we would be starting games with Cummings and Keatings up front this season. We knew we would need better.

Coz they're pish.

You told us that in the first post on this thread and now you're wondering why they aren't starting.

First Team Breakthrough

No, others clubs don't in my experience. Not all, but a very large minority of hibs fans are the most negative *******s I've ever come across in football. I love hibs and the guys I watch hibs with, but some of the people who go to Easter Rd to do nothing more than moan are the bane of my ******* life

Away and lie in your *****. Do you not think there are circumstances that's led to us being in our third year in this division? Season 1. 8 players contracted and club in disarray. New manager and time to blend led to us failing to get promoted. Second season we done somehing the best hibs teams of the last 100 years couldn't do so ultimately the league form took a hit so don't come at me wi the pish that the fans have been patient. We're 2 months in to the new season and there's thread after thread moaning about this player and moaning about that player. Tactics. Manager. Surprised the length of the grass hasn't been commented on.

We'll win this league, by some distance. I've no doubt about that.
    I've been patient for decades, but a third season in the second tier is still something new so I'll be critical of the reasons why that has happened and of why it could continue for a fourth season.

I enjoyed winning the Scottish Cup (let me type that again, because it still feels good) I enjoyed winning the Scottish Cup but that was last season and achieved against teams that largely wanted to play football. It did not provide a blueprint on how to win routine league matches against teams that have realised how to stop us and it does not excuse the failure of successive managers to resolve that problem.

We won't win the league by some distance until we solve that problem, so you'll just have to settle for a season of fans complaining about Hibs making it hard for ourselves and hoping that we win the league by 3-4 points.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by seanoheimhin View Post
    No, others clubs don't in my experience. Not all, but a very large minority of hibs fans are the most negative *******s I've ever come across in football. I love hibs and the guys I watch hibs with, but some of the people who go to Easter Rd to do nothing more than moan are the bane of my ******* life
    Absolutely spot on. I took my gf to her first game a few weeks ago and warned her about the fans. She thought I was winding her up but soon as we walked out she said "I see what you mean"

Don't get me wrong I'm hardly thrilled about the division we're in or our form. I'm just not suicidal about it

Absolutely spot on. I took my gf to her first game a few weeks ago and warned her about the fans. She thought I was winding her up but soon as we walked out she said "I see what you mean"

Don't get me wrong I'm hardly thrilled about the division we're in or our form. I'm just not suicidal about it
    I'm loving seeing more and more coming forward to tackle the negativity on here and in the stands. There are already usual suspects jumping in today on the first blip. Calling our new signing disasters. Doubting the manager. Slagging off our players.

It's time to put things in perspective and try and back the team rather than spending unthinkable amounts of time posting thousands upon thousands of posts complaining.

This club is in the best shape for many years. We have the best squad in the division and it will gel soon. Back the team.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I'm loving seeing more and more coming forward to tackle the negativity on here and in the stands. There are already usual suspects jumping in today on the first blip. Calling our new signing disasters. Doubting the manager. Slagging off our players.

It's time to put things in perspective and try and back the team rather than spending unthinkable amounts of time posting thousands upon thousands of posts complaining.

This club is in the best shape for many years. We have the best squad in the division and it will gel soon. Back the team.
    Never thought about it in terms of speaking out about it, but you're right. I'm fed up of bringing friends to ER and having to make allowances and apologies for some people who are constantly negative. We're supposed to support the club, respect to people who pay for the ST and go every week, but I actually don't believe that gives them the right to be negative if they want.

It has an adverse affect on the atmosphere, people's enjoyment of the game, and on the players too.

Never thought about it in terms of speaking out about it, but you're right. I'm fed up of bringing friends to ER and having to make allowances and apologies for some people who are constantly negative. We're supposed to support the club, respect to people who pay for the ST and go every week, but I actually don't believe that gives them the right to be negative if they want.

It has an adverse affect on the atmosphere, people's enjoyment of the game, and on the players too.

Absolute tosh like like the other thread.Why should you apologise for other people they're entitled to be negative if they want.What gives you "the right" to think otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Absolute tosh like like the other thread.Why should you apologise for other people they're entitled to be negative if they want.What gives you "the right" to think otherwise?
    Of course people have the right to be negative, but do they honestly think that helps both in the short and long term??

Wish someone had came on and said I was wrong rather than moaning about negativity.

Other clubs don`t ????? Really ? Mate, that is just not true - football fans are generally much the same the world over, especially when it comes to having a moan when things aren`t going well.