hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT | INDEPENDENT JUDICIAL PANEL

2. Log in to remove the advert

Short and simple. Now let's move on.

Presumably that is the £4k sum given to the HSA which we are raising?

A dignified club statement that deals with the judgement and nothing else.

I expect Rangers to follow suit.....
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Looks like the doom and gloom merchant, supposedly in the know, who predicted a crippling financial penalty have been proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like the doom and gloom merchant, supposedly in the know, who predicted a crippling financial penalty have been proved wrong.
    Yeah because we received Legal Aid too
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

At some point I'd really like us to move on to dealing with the daily record. This probably wasn't the statement to do so though.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Aye right!
    I expect them to say something along the likes of, we should never have been charged in the 1st place

Super, smashing, great!

Some absolute tripe written on here. We couldn't spend money in the summer cause we were waiting on a massive fine. Upwards of 800k 😂😂😂

Correct action taken by the judicial panel and time to move on. We know what happened that day. Hopefully hibs lawyer now absolutely slaughters Jackson and the rest of the rangers puppets

War chest now for January and our assault on Scottish cup, finishing off league title and preparing for too league.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Aye right!
    I expect them to say something along the likes of, we should never have been charged in the 1st place
    Any more inflammatory statements or stuff condoning their supporters anger and we should ban their supporters from ER.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    At some point I'd really like us to move on to dealing with the daily record. This probably wasn't the statement to do so though.
    Agreed
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Agreed. It must have hard for the club hierarchy to sit back and wait while Rangers and their media cheerleaders dragged Hibs' reputation through the dirt, but our stance has now been completely vindicated. It's tempting to just put the thing to bed and move on, but I hope the club is already planning appropriate action against those responsible.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

As short and concise as Sevco's embarrassing rambles were longwinded. Well played Hibs......

.... NOW can we have the DVD ?

Bo-ring Hibs! Would like to have seen more lengthy hand-wringing, whinging, paranoid moaning and assuming the role of pathetic victim.

That's what Scottish football needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Bo-ring Hibs! Would like to have seen more lengthy hand-wringing, whinging, paranoid moaning and assuming the role of pathetic victim.

That's what Scottish football needs!
    We are no good at playing the pathetic victims. We've too much class to lower ourselves to that. Sevco on the other hand have no moral compass so anything goes with them.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    The people who thought Hibs might receive a heavy punishment were only worried for the club and the future of the playing side.

In my opinion, if anyone with Hibs connections was culpable in all this, it was the people who grabbed the opportunity to once again bash the club, whether it was for "not doing enough to defend the fans", for "daring to speak to individual Hibs supporters about their behaviour on 21/5" or "not complaining publicly" against perceived media attacks and bias.

In my view, Hibs played a blinder. They were not sucked into a public war of words which they could not possibly have won, they clearly showed that they were doing everything in their power to shore up the areas for which they were in any way responsible, and they did so elegantly and professionally.

Now let's move on and win the league.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The people who thought Hibs might receive a heavy punishment were only worried for the club and the future of the playing side.

In my opinion, if anyone with Hibs connections was culpable in all this, it was the people who grabbed the opportunity to once again bash the club, whether it was for "not doing enough to defend the fans", for "daring to speak to individual Hibs supporters about their behaviour on 21/5" or "not complaining publicly" against perceived media attacks and bias.

In my view, Hibs played a blinder. They were not sucked into a public war of words which they could not possibly have won, they clearly showed that they were doing everything in their power to shore up the areas for which they were in any way responsible, and they did so elegantly and professionally.

Hear, hear.

It's over, let's move on. Let "them" seethe and wriggle.

We are Hibs, a class above. Onwards and upwards we go.

BTW, we won the Cup!

Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    The Hibs board have maintained a consistently dignified response and this final official statement is worthy indeed.

Well done to the Board who have shown controlled restraint in the face of a vicious onslaught by the huns which is now arduous and tiresome.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Well done, Rod. Protected our club and p***ed off The Rangers.

Coaching Staff

Culpable for what?

I've no particular need or desire to bash the club for anything, in fact, I spent years on here taking abuse for being too positive about the club, however, there was probably a middle line the club could have taken here.

Rangers have made provocative statements, they have condoned the fans being on the pitch and the outcome for them was just the same as it was for us, no action. So the view that Hibs played a blinder doing it their way to get away from punishment is certainly not clear in terms of whether it influenced any outcome.

We still have the mainstream press writing about riots and alleging Rangers players were assaulted. I'm surprised that Hibs haven't made slightly more effort to support the majority of fans and the name of the club against some of this. For some Hibs approach has left a bit of a bad impression.

Job done though on the punishment. Rangers also got that job done with the opposite approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Culpable for what?

I've no particular need or desire to bash the club for anything, in fact, I spent years on here taking abuse for being too positive about the club, however, there was probably a middle line the club could have taken here.

Rangers have made provocative statements, they have condoned the fans being on the pitch and the outcome for them was just the same as it was for us, no action. So the view that Hibs played a blinder doing it their way to get away from punishment is certainly not clear in terms of whether it influenced any outcome.

We still have the mainstream press writing about riots and alleging Rangers players were assaulted. I'm surprised that Hibs haven't made slightly more effort to support the majority of fans and the name of the club against some of this. For some Hibs approach has left a bit of a bad impression.

Job done though on the punishment. Rangers also got that job done with the opposite approach.
    Let's try your middle line approach as a wee experiment.

You play Leeann and I'll be the Daily Ranger.

I'll go first; Hibs fans are a disgrace. They rioted on the pitch and assaulted Rangers players and staff.

Actually, I'll save you the bother. Almost regardless of your response, the headline in the rag the next day would read "Hibs CEO condones assaults on Rangers players by Hibs thugs".

Much compensation did we pay for the damage? 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho08 View Post
    Much compensation did we pay for the damage? 😕
    Did we, Yoda?

Any idea how much?
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 30-09-2016 at 03:38 PM.

We covered the pitch and the goal posts, circa £4,000.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Did we, Obi Wan?
    mean Yoda, do you not?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    mean Yoda, do you not?
    Indood I dee.

Or something like that.

Amended. Thank you.