hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Cards Cost Points

...as do missed chances.

Hoard the first like misers and spend the second like sailors Hibs, and we'll get out of this division.

Otherwise...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...as do missed chances.

Hoard the first like misers and spend the second like sailors Hibs, and we'll get out of this division.

Otherwise...
    Refereeing decisions tend to even themselves out over a season Its missing chances i am more worried abot D B S and the teliance on Cummings to date

A wrongly awarded one definitely cost us points last week.

It will be interesting to hear from those at the game how this one effected things and wether it was deserved. Not sure this one cost us though.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Refereeing decisions tend to even themselves out over a season
    Really?

A concern indeed, Ronaldo. But imperative that we finish with 11 men versus United and give a convincing and committed performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

It will be interesting to hear from those at the game how this one effected things and wether it was deserved. Not sure this one cost us though.
    Beg to differ Pedro. I think we'd have nicked it today with a full side. We were down a man for almost 40 mins.

in both games we should have been out of sight before the red cards

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    in both games we should have been out of sight before the red cards
    Yes, did mention the old failing of lost chances. But when those kind of decisions go against rather than for you (think of Waghorns Hun pens in that division as contrast) it becomes harder to build the traction in grind out points which then free you up to showboat the 6-2's and 7-0's.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    We get red cards every week, the yams get pens every week. It's an unbreakable law of physics, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    We get red cards every week, the yams get pens every week. It's an unbreakable law of physics, or something.
    Is this to do with the litmus test thing?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Is this to do with the litmus test thing?
    I think it was Scotty in Star Trek who said it...

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Felt sorry for Lewis first booking, was right in front of me and I thought Hamill made a point of running into him and crumpling in a heap. Once on the yellow, though, I couldnt argue with his second as it looked like a clear pull back. Even a man down we looked likelier to win, Queens still seemed to have not losing as their priority.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I think it was Scotty in Star Trek who said it...
    Like Brian Kerr, He did a power of unseen work in the engine room.

At the point of the sending off:

-- Hibs had committed 3 fouls and received 2 yellow cards for their troubles (both Stevenson).

-- QOtS had committed 13 fouls and no cards.

Last week, we had a man red-carded, that was later rescinded.

If decisions DO even out over the season, we're due some pretty big dozes of luck in the next few games.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I didnt think it was a sending off, the ball was played over the top and both players came together and fell to the ground. It was as much a foul to us as it was to them.

Another prick of a ref who couldn't wait to send one of our players off, when they were allowed to foul all game.

Stevenson makes two fouls and gets two bookings, their players were allowed numerous fouls before finding themselves in the book?????????

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Hamill could quite easily have avoided a collision if he had wanted too - made sure he was caught and made the most of it resulting in a yellow being shown. The second was a yellow card offence regardless of how many fouls each side had committed. Made a tough task in tough conditions even tougher, and all things considered, a draw was not a disaster.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I didnt think it was a sending off, the ball was played over the top and both players came together and fell to the ground. It was as much a foul to us as it was to them.

Another prick of a ref who couldn't wait to send one of our players off, when they were allowed to foul all game.

Stevenson makes two fouls and gets two bookings, their players were allowed numerous fouls before finding themselves in the book?????????
    Yep a definite agenda IMO. Last 2 games we have committed at maximum 10 fouls and had 2 red cards yet last week for example Ayr number 16 fouled at will with only a belated yellow.

First tackle looked clumsy and the 2nd booking was quite cynical as the player had got just in front of him. Looked a sending off to me. Sure we would have won otherwise as we still could have after that.

@hibs.net private member
    We need a win next week. Nothing to fear from Dundee United but Andreu has been playing well for them and we're struggling for goals. I have to say I feel a lot less confident that I did a couple of weeks ago.

You could make an argument that both Lewis's fouls were yellow cards but both were fairly soft and similar challenges from other players went without punishment. Ref might have had a quiet word after the 2nd IMO. Hamill made a challenge early in the 2nd half on Boyle(?) where he'd have got right behind him but no booking.

Queens - 15 fouls - 1 booking

Hibs - 4 fouls - two bookings hence red card.

That is beyond a coincidence. Does the referee have to explain this imbalance? That, to me, is beyond incompetence. I hope Hibs are going to ask some serious questions.

As a matter of interest who committed the other two fouls given against Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Queens - 15 fouls - 1 booking

Hibs - 4 fouls - two bookings hence red card.

That is beyond a coincidence. Does the referee have to explain this imbalance? That, to me, is beyond incompetence. I hope Hibs are going to ask some serious questions.

As a matter of interest who committed the other two fouls given against Hibs?
    Were you at the game?? How can you possibly comment on when the referee should give a booking or not? Both stevensons tackles were bookings. Their fouls weren't, quite simple!

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Like Brian Kerr, He did a power of unseen work in the engine room.

Quote Originally Posted by lumbo_hfc View Post
    Were you at the game?? How can you possibly comment on when the referee should give a booking or not? Both stevensons tackles were bookings. Their fouls weren't, quite simple!
    Hamill should have been booked and one or two others were borderline IMO if you're going to flash yellows for the sort of challenges Lewis made.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The referee today joined the lengthening list of officials who have personally managed to break up a Hibs counter attack by getting in the way of the ball. His positioning was perfect to block a quick break from midfield out wide late in the game where the timely interception then gave Queens the chance to break themselves and win a corner.

Stevenson deservedly walked, he had a poor game until that point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

-- Hibs had committed 3 fouls and received 2 yellow cards for their troubles (both Stevenson).

If decisions DO even out over the season, we're due some pretty big dozes of luck in the next few games.
    They had a player booked in first half?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

Their number 8 (Millar) was booked in the 1st half

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Stevenson's first booking was soft, I thought that Hamill jumped into him after he'd played the ball past him. The 2nd was a booking and a silly challenge to make.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Refereeing decisions tend to even themselves out over a season Its missing chances i am more worried abot D B S and the teliance on Cummings to date
    No they don't. They didn't last season, not even close, and I bet they don't again this season. Between us getting red cards rescinded, other teams getting retrospective reds AFTER games against us and teams kicking the **** out us and getting away with it every week there's no chance that they even themselves out.