hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bartley red card rescinded

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...nded-1-4236814

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Thought it was harsh. Good to have him back for Sat, but yet another bad decision has cost us.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought the appeal was tomorrow?
    Great news for the big man

At the game I thought it was a red. Don't know if it was more the reaction of the ref that gave me that perception. You could tell he was going for the red the second it happened.

Awful decision right under the referees nose too. Glad it's been rescinded. Still doesn't get us the 3 points back that we lost as a result...

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The referee should be banned after that decision. The fact that he was so close to the incident makes the decision even worse.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thought the appeal was tomorrow?
    Great news for the big man
    Originally was, but they had time today.

Glad to have him back for Sat, though I remember him not having a very good game against Falkirk in the away play off, and the pitch seemed to be a factor.

Would much rather have had him for the remainder of the game last week.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    That ershole of a ref cost us 3 points and it was right under his nose!

DISGUSTING !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    A shocking state of affairs. So called refs getting big calls blatantly wrong then it's corrected afterwards which by that time the results already in with no chance of being changed.

Absolutely no doubt Forrester should have been sent off last night which similarly to us would have changed the course of the game.

Must be time for live video feeds for the big calls.

Shocking.

GGTTH

Yet another 'after the game' decision that does us no good whatsoever.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The ref should not referee again for a long time, he couldnt wait to get his card out and proved to me he makes rash decisions even when seeing it clearly.

He would never have sent Bartley off if he played for celtc or sevco.

Game should be replayed from that point & the ref reprimanded for that

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Anyone know in the last 4 years how many times we have had a player sent off, only for it to be rescinded, and how many of those games were we winning. And went on to lose or draw?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    Game should be replayed from that point & the ref reprimanded for that
    Good luck with that one, Mr_F

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Didn't think it was a red card at the time. Yet again a refs decision has a major impact on us.

Coincidence?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro

Bartley red card rescinded

I must be in the minority that think it was a just red. It looked like he went over the ball and in those cases your always giving the referee a decision to make. Happy it's been rescinded. I'm more disappointed in the lack of finishing and the way Ayr carved us open. Hopefully just a blip.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    I must be in the minority that think it was a just red. It looked like he went over the ball and in those cases your always giving the referee a decision to make. Happy it's been rescinded. I'm more disappointed in the lack of finishing and the way Ayr carved us open. Hopefully just a blip.

Can understand why it looked like a red but what's forgotten is he was fouled twice in the build up to the challenge which the incompetent ref conveniently missed.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member
    I thought red at game and also when I watched it back. In a bizarre way it makes it worse it being rescinded as it now feels like an injustice. Amazing how often bad calls have went against us over the years. STruggle to think of many players sent off against us who were subsequently found innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Anyone know in the last 4 years how many times we have had a player sent off, only for it to be rescinded, and how many of those games were we winning. And went on to lose or draw?
    Don't know, but in one season against Hearts alone (2012-13), three of the games we had against them finished in draws - in one, Templeton was given a retrospective red card, in another Ryan Stevenson was sent off after the game, and in the third, Leigh's amazing free kick goal wasn't given despite being a yard over the line. We beat them in the other two games.

The season we went down, the ridiculous offside decision against Jordon Forster may have denied us a point that could have changed the course of the end of that season.

No shortage of bad decisions gone against us in big games in recent years.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 21-09-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Aye but the **** ref already done the damage.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Never looked like a red, but then I came on here and began to doubt myself after reading the comments about the challenge. Ref was ****ing ***** all game.

It certainly cost us the game, but I'm going to swim against the tide, fly solo, stand alone, sip the orange juice while others knock back the jagermeister shots and say: the ref did okay. It was a bad challenge, and like many I was convinced it was a straight red. Now, seeing the replay, it looked a lot worse than it was and a red was harsh. So yes, an error from the ref, but an understandable one.

I was disappointed that we couldn't close the game out with 10 men, and we really need to improve here.

Now we need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, keep those toys in the pram, forget the poor us/hard luck stories, take it on the chin, and focus on the job at hand. Which is three points from Palmerston.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    But the game could have been out of sight by the time Bartley was sent off and we could have made a better tactical change to adapt to 10 v 11. But what happened is gone and we should look forwards not backwards.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    I thought at the time it was a red albeit very harsh, glad it's rescinded but big Marv being sent off cost us the game and 3 points

Like to see the percentage of these things regarding us. We seem to be on the wrong side of these things alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Don't know, but in one season against Hearts alone (2012-13), three of the games we had against them finished in draws - in one, Templeton was given a retrospective red card, in another Ryan Stevenson was sent off after the game, and in the third, Leigh's amazing free kick goal wasn't given despite being a yard over the line. We beat them in the other two games.

The season we went down, the ridiculous offside decision against Jordon Forster may have denied us a point that could have changed the course of the end of that season.

No shortage of bad decisions gone against us in big games in recent years.
    Ryan McGowan got pulled up as well. Dunno if it was that season.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Never in doubt IMO, was a yellow card for a clumsy challenge but never a straight red.

That decision changed the game and was instrumental in us losing those 3 points.

Glad Bartley will be back for QotS as they are a good attacking side that will cause us problems and Bartley is good at breaking up play and keeping the pressure off the defence.

I wasn't at the game and didn't see the challenge.

But I was at the one last year when McGinn got a red-card that was later rescinded and couldn't for the life of me see how that one was overturned.

Strange things seem to happen at these appeals. Sometimes we get decent, genuine ones (imo) turned down but sometimes we seem to get these ones go for us.

It's funny how keen the authorities seem to be to clamp down on celebrations and time-wasting yet they don't seem to be as bothered about bad tackles.

I thought it was a red where I sat but after seeing the highlights it was more clumsy then a nasty challenge.