hibs.net Messageboard

Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 3613
  1. #3451
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    15,017
    If you are a top earner you can reduce your tax bill for the benefits of others.



    https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampp...ome-every-year
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #3452
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read an article recently but can’t find it now which said that 56% of people spend at least one year in the top 10% of earners. If that’s right then It’s possible that saying your only going to tax the top 10% of earners might not be that popular.
    Saying you were going to tax the top 10% of earners would be very popular indeed.

    Saying you were going to increase taxes for the top 10% would be less popular, though nobody did say that.

  4. #3453
    First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Port Misery
    Age
    57
    Posts
    353
    Lisa Nandy, Jess Phillips and Ian Murray all going Full Swinson over Scotland during the last few days:

    https://twitter.com/stephenpaton134/status/1217558374092623874


    https://twitter.com/jessphillips/sta...527168?lang=en

    https://twitter.com/IanMurrayMP/stat...12766231887873

    These red Tories really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.....No wonder Labour are deid in Scotland.

  5. #3454
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lisa Nandy, Jess Phillips and Ian Murray all going Full Swinson over Scotland during the last few days:

    https://twitter.com/stephenpaton134/status/1217558374092623874


    https://twitter.com/jessphillips/sta...527168?lang=en

    https://twitter.com/IanMurrayMP/stat...12766231887873

    These red Tories really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.....No wonder Labour are deid in Scotland.
    The last one where Murray throws softballs to the Tory SoS is the ultimate cringe.

    On the other 2 though, I noticed Stephen Bush of the New Statesman on twitter saying they're coming over hardline Unionist because they think it will play well with CLPs in Scotland. To get onto the ballot, candidates have to be backed by 33 CLPs across the UK or 3 Labour affiliate organisations (trade unions etc).

  6. #3455
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,662
    If Rebecca Long Bailey gets in - and Momentum are backing her - then we're ****ed. Already has the stench of Corbyn mk.2 about her and by saying that she backs Corbyn 100% it means Labour ain't winning back the areas in the north of England that they need to.

    Momentum are a cancer on this country and the Labour party.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  7. #3456
    First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Port Misery
    Age
    57
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The last one where Murray throws softballs to the Tory SoS is the ultimate cringe.

    On the other 2 though, I noticed Stephen Bush of the New Statesman on twitter saying they're coming over hardline Unionist because they think it will play well with CLPs in Scotland. To get onto the ballot, candidates have to be backed by 33 CLPs across the UK or 3 Labour affiliate organisations (trade unions etc).
    Indeed, the Murray-Jack interchange is truly cringe-worthy and looks like it’s one rehearsed on the training ground earlier. Also, fair call on the Nandy/Phillips no-surrender stance. It seems they’ve calculated this will win them sufficient backing from CPL branches south of the border.
    Last edited by Curried; 16-01-2020 at 12:01 PM.

  8. #3457
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    18,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed, the Murray-Jack interchange is truly cringe-worthy and looks like it’s one rehearsed on the training ground earlier. Also, fair call on the Nandy/Phillips no-surrender stance. It seems they’ve calculated this will win them sufficient backing from CPL branches south of the border.
    It will likely win them backing north of the border as well. The local Labour parties are likely full on unionist now after all the independent thinkers left for the SNP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #3458
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Rebecca Long Bailey gets in - and Momentum are backing her - then we're ****ed. Already has the stench of Corbyn mk.2 about her and by saying that she backs Corbyn 100% it means Labour ain't winning back the areas in the north of England that they need to.

    Momentum are a cancer on this country and the Labour party.
    Only half of Momentum members say Long-Bailey is their preferred candidate, and only 10% of Labour Party members belong to Momentum.

    https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...mentum-members

  10. #3459
    First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Port Misery
    Age
    57
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will likely win them backing north of the border as well. The local Labour parties are likely full on unionist now after all the independent thinkers left for the SNP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can only hope that's not true.

    BTW A see *********** gets an appearance around 25 secs into Murray’s Deputy Leader video pitch. No doubt this story on Edinburgh West will go down well in Red Morningside.

    https://twitter.com/IanMurrayMP/stat...77887232843776

  11. #3460
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Rebecca Long Bailey gets in - and Momentum are backing her - then we're ****ed. Already has the stench of Corbyn mk.2 about her and by saying that she backs Corbyn 100% it means Labour ain't winning back the areas in the north of England that they need to.

    Momentum are a cancer on this country and the Labour party.
    The Momentum stitch up has been embarrassing. They recommended RLB and then gave their members a ballot with only Yes/No to RLB as the options. So much for democratising the movement.

  12. #3461
    Momentum apparently has 40000 members, of whom just over 5000 endorsed RLB (70% of those who voted). I guess with only one candidate it was hardly worth bothering but her team will probably be a little concerned at such a small response?

  13. #3462
    Old Codger Hibstorian Jonnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    67
    Posts
    31,851
    Couldn't believe my ears when RLB said in an interview that she was happy with the manifesto created for the last election and that she was proud to have been heavily involved in its creation.

    That'll be the manifesto that resulted in Labour getting seriously pumped.

    She's a female Corbyn and if elected as leader the Tories will be a very happy bunch indeed
    This is how it feels

  14. #3463
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    17,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Rebecca Long Bailey gets in - and Momentum are backing her - then we're ****ed. Already has the stench of Corbyn mk.2 about her and by saying that she backs Corbyn 100% it means Labour ain't winning back the areas in the north of England that they need to.

    Momentum are a cancer on this country and the Labour party.
    I agree, this cabal cost Labour 100% of the support amongst the labour supporters in my circle.

    Their efforts at democratically selecting RLB as the candidate they're backing to the exclusion of all others looks like it came from the Robert Mugabe handbook of how to do democracy.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  15. #3464
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, this cabal cost Labour 100% of the support amongst the labour supporters in my circle.

    Their efforts at democratically selecting RLB as the candidate they're backing to the exclusion of all others looks like it came from the Robert Mugabe handbook of how to do democracy.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    You can imagine what they’d be like in power!! Frightening!!

  16. #3465
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    17,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can imagine what they’d be like in power!! Frightening!!
    They're already in charge of what is the limit of their potential and are probably quite happy inwardly impressing each other.



    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  17. #3466
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,457
    Apparently, RLB’s name was the only one on the ballot form that went out to Momentum members.

    Can anyone confirm or refute that?

  18. #3467
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently, RLB’s name was the only one on the ballot form that went out to Momentum members.

    Can anyone confirm or refute that?
    Yes, that's correct. Their executive decided to nominate RLB for leader and Angela Rayner for deputy and the membership were given a Y/N option for each.

  19. #3468
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    17,306
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, that's correct. Their executive decided to nominate RLB for leader and Angela Rayner for deputy and the membership were given a Y/N option for each.
    Sounds very North Korean , but sadly might be true.

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  20. #3469
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds very North Korean , but sadly might be true.
    30% said they didn't want Long-Bailey, though, which I don't think you would get to do in NK.

    Incidentally, how long do authorities keep GE ballot papers before destroying them? I don't necessarily want Cummings and his Ministry of Public Enlightenment checking back and finding out that I voted against their sorry asses. (As part of their 'constitutional reforms'.)
    Last edited by lapsedhibee; 17-01-2020 at 03:38 PM.

  21. #3470
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    59
    Posts
    17,306
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    30% said they didn't want her, though, which I don't think you would get to do in NK.

    Incidentally, how long do authorities keep GE ballot papers before destroying them? I don't necessarily want Cummings and his Ministry of Public Enlightenment checking back and finding out that I voted against their sorry asses.
    Aye, but I get the impression if 99% didn't want her the executive machine was delivering her anyway by their failure to offer the chance to support any other candidates.

    If Cummings turns up at my door I swear I'll do time

    Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  22. #3471
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    30% said they didn't want Long-Bailey, though, which I don't think you would get to do in NK.

    '
    Their names will have been added to “the list”!

  23. #3472
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    18,779



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #3473
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amongst whom?

  25. #3474
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    18,779
    Jess Phillips about to pull out of leadership race. Can only help Starmer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #3475
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    18,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amongst whom?
    Labour members


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #3476
    Jess Philips gives up having got no unions onside and presumably struggling in the clps. Another resounding triumph for Blair McDougall

  28. #3477
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,903
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    30% said they didn't want Long-Bailey, though, which I don't think you would get to do in NK.

    Incidentally, how long do authorities keep GE ballot papers before destroying them? I don't necessarily want Cummings and his Ministry of Public Enlightenment checking back and finding out that I voted against their sorry asses. (As part of their 'constitutional reforms'.)
    It used to be one year but, as I understand it, since the introduction of GDPR there is technically no set period. Each Returning Officer (so effectively Council area in Scotland) is required to have their own policy on how long such documents will be retained for.

    Technically, the minimum acceptable period would be 21 days but, in practice, I understand most are adhering to one year due to convention.

  29. #3478
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It used to be one year but, as I understand it, since the introduction of GDPR there is technically no set period. Each Returning Officer (so effectively Council area in Scotland) is required to have their own policy on how long such documents will be retained for.

    Technically, the minimum acceptable period would be 21 days but, in practice, I understand most are adhering to one year due to convention.
    Ta.

  30. #3479
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Rebecca Long Bailey gets in - and Momentum are backing her - then we're ****ed. Already has the stench of Corbyn mk.2 about her and by saying that she backs Corbyn 100% it means Labour ain't winning back the areas in the north of England that they need to.

    Momentum are a cancer on this country and the Labour party.
    That said, was it not Corbyn himself that was putting people off voting Labour. His policies actually went down well in a blind taste test.

    J

  31. #3480
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That said, was it not Corbyn himself that was putting people off voting Labour. His policies actually went down well in a blind taste test.

    J
    This is true, Labour's policies were more popular than anyone else's when blind tested.

    The last election, like many, was decided by emotions - not any kind of cerebral balancing of policies that might be best for the country.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved