hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ayr highlights.

@hibs.net private member

Ayr highlights.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=em&v=DyCaKVLkG-4

2. Log in to remove the advert

Cummings goal looks even better on second viewing and the Bartley straight red looked half as bad as it did at the game, bit unlucky to see a straight red.

Keeper looks woeful at the corner!

Good full highlights there and shows that we dominated the game really.

Stevenson should have got across the guy even if it was going to be a foul and yellow but good to see him also near score as well as put a great ball in towards the end, not as said on all the posts slating him.

Bartley red was a bit harsh in my book but I see why he gave it, I doubt anyone would be going mad if a yellow was given.

What a finish from Cummings, keep doing that pal.

Shinnie had 4 decent efforts that he done well to create and Fyvie looked involved.

Going by the highlights we'd have won that comfortably 9/10. Important not to panic.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Reason for defeat was more due to wasted chances up front than two defence slip ups, IMO.
    Hard to comment on the sending off incident due to blocked view.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good full highlights there and shows that we dominated the game really.

Stevenson should have got across the guy even if it was going to be a foul and yellow but good to see him also near score as well as put a great ball in towards the end, not as said on all the posts slating him.

Bartley red was a bit harsh in my book but I see why he gave it, I doubt anyone would be going mad if a yellow was given.

What a finish from Cummings, keep doing that pal.

Shinnie had 4 decent efforts that he done well to create and Fyvie looked involved.

Going by the highlights we'd have won that comfortably 9/10. Important not to panic.
    You are right he put in one good ball, however he had numerous opportunities to do the same and never which funnily enough won't turn up in the highlights.

Fyvie was head and shoulders our best player, Colum ming did nothing apart from his fabulous goal. Holt was back to rubbish after his good performance last week. Seconds rubbish consecutive performance from Shinnie. Keeper hopeless at the corner -- back to last season there. Lennon had no idea what to do when Bartley was sent off.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

To be fair Ayr's second goal is absolutely outstanding, nothing to do with poor defending IMO, just a sweeping passing move from the back reminiscent of Paulo Rossis goal vs Brazil in 1982. (I'm old). Lewis' inability to keep pace with the right midfielder is a concern though; it was always said back in the day he was the second fastest in the squad behind Sproule. I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

We'll still win this league.

I agree with the concern on Lewis but he's b playing a lot higher up and in this case it was a sub and Lewis made the mistake of going flat footed but this season he's failed to cut out a number of key crosses.

Won't open for me, send again please!

Never thought at the game it was ever a red card.....100% convinced now the ref got it wrong...never a red

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by IanFaeClerrie View Post
    I agree with the concern on Lewis but he's b playing a lot higher up and in this case it was a sub and Lewis made the mistake of going flat footed but this season he's failed to cut out a number of key crosses.

It was the right back who ripped past Lewis as he did on a couple of occasions before it. He played the full 90 for them and put in a great shift. Boyle and McGinn were goal side of him when he picked the ball up deep in his own half. He preceded to run to our byline totally unchallenged. No idea what David Gray was playing at running to the goals rather than the man. It really was shocking defending from Lewis and Gray and worst of all lazy from the tracking players.
    Last edited by wookie70; 18-09-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Was the keeper injured? He looks like hes running with torn hamstrings

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Daylight robbery . At least Dick Turpin wore a bleeding mask.
    We should have been out of sight before the red card .
    Onwards we go to Dumfries .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    It was the right back who ripped past Lewis as he did on a couple of occasions before it. He played the full 90 for them and put in a great shift. Boyle and McGinn were goal side of him when he picked the ball up deep in his own half. He preceded to run to our byline totally unchallenged. No idea what David Gray was playing at running to the goals rather than the man. It really was shocking defending from Lewis and Gray and worst of all lazy from the tracking players.

aye you're right - my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by ClewsHibs View Post
    Was the keeper injured? He looks like hes running with torn hamstrings
    he has real trouble finding our players with his clearances - really obvious last week.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    To be fair Ayr's second goal is absolutely outstanding, nothing to do with poor defending IMO, just a sweeping passing move from the back reminiscent of Paulo Rossis goal vs Brazil in 1982. (I'm old). Lewis' inability to keep pace with the right midfielder is a concern though; it was always said back in the day he was the second fastest in the squad behind Sproule. I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

We'll still win this league.

Nothing to do with poor defending? The boy in the middle that scores has no one near him

The booing at the end is embarrassing, we dominated the game and the result was a fluke. The highlights show as much.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    The booing at the end is embarrassing, we dominated the game and the result was a fluke. The highlights show as much.
    we were just as inept in front of goal last week but this week Ayr were better than Dumbarton. We have to watch our head coach malking the same mistakes as we do every new head coach. He sticks too long with the players he feels he has a [personal stake in / with.

Still think it's a red card even after seeing that. He went high and was reckless.

Their opening goal is a joke on all counts.

Any time Hibs lose at home to Ayr Utd, there will always be booing at full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Any time Hibs lose at home to Ayr Utd, there will always be booing at full time.
    And so there should be SDG.

Full time team v Part time team. Is this the start of the bad day at the office thread emerging from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    And so there should be SDG.

Full time team v Part time team. Is this the start of the bad day at the office thread emerging from last year.
    Ayr's full time.

The only part time team in the Championship this season is Dumbarton.

Left by mutual consent!
    A couple of observations from the highlights reel.

i) You can't blame the keeper for either goal. It was a piss-poor back header from Hanlon and Usain Bolt wouldn't have kept the ball in play. He was also blameless for the goal at the corner kick. There were four defenders looking to put their head on the ball and not one got near it.

ii) Stevenson has found his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    A couple of observations from the highlights reel.

i) You can't blame the keeper for either goal. It was a piss-poor back header from Hanlon and Usain Bolt wouldn't have kept the ball in play. He was also blameless for the goal at the corner kick. There were four defenders looking to put their head on the ball and not one got near it.

ii) Stevenson has found his level.
    i) Utter pish. Not the best header in the world but he could and should've got it.

ii) Scottish Cup winner?

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    i) Utter pish. Not the best header in the world but he could and should've got it.

ii) Scottish Cup winner?
    All credit to anyone who has a SC winners medal and Lewis obviously, but I hope you're not suggesting that having the medal automatically makes someone a good footballer and immune from analysis and criticism.?!

- would you care to have a look at some of the individual winners from the previous 5 years alone, without even going further back in history.?

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    The booing was held for the ref as far as I could tell.

Left by mutual consent!
    Pure and simple one of those days you get. Every team gets them during a season. Not worried at all by that.

At the game I blamed Marciano but after watching the highlights he may have got to Hanlons poor header back, but it was the zonal marking that led to the header as Balatoni got a run on a host of defenders in the area. The second goal was just shocking defending from the lot of them. However we had chances to put the game out of sight and felt it was like watching a Stubbs performance against a packed defence, no pace and Intensity. It was too easy for Ayr to defend yesterday and we happily played the ball about in front of them. A higher tempo is required and stret bing the game and of course taking our bloody chances.

Yes, but Hibs lost.

Embarrassing? In what way exactly? What do you expect football fans to do after watching their team throw the three points away in that ridiculous manner?

It's what football fans do to show their displeasure I'm afraid. Not just Hibs fans. All fans, at all clubs.

Maybe instead they should have a rousing sing song, and cheer and clap wildly? No wait. That's what happens when their team wins.