hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Match day experience

Not to place the blame on it totally but I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team.

the feeling today certainly didn't have a Lennon feel to the performance, we barely got in behind or had any shots from inside the box. We didn't really seem to impose our game on to them.

Cummings scored a cracker but I'm sorry he has been woeful for the last 2 games. Apart from that goal he did absolutely nothing. Change in starting line-up coming I think.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Don't think having a kid announcing the team had any impact whatsoever on the performance. Why would it??

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    No idea, ask the team? Maybe they thought they were "skooshing" the league and were just a bit to laid back?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No idea, ask the team? Maybe they thought they were "skooshing" the league and were just a bit to laid back?
    It was you that suggested it

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    It was you that suggested it
    Yes I was suggesting it as I cannot fathom how inept the performance was barring Fyvie.

@hibs.net private member
    Yes I was suggesting it as I cannot fathom how inept the performance was barring Fyvie.
    Let's blame the kids then

Not to place the blame on it totally but I thought the Hibs Kids takeover, whilst good for match day experience and the kids, took the focus and professionalism out of the team.

the feeling today certainly didn't have a Lennon feel to the performance, we barely got in behind or had any shots from inside the box. We didn't really seem to impose our game on to them.

Cummings scored a cracker but I'm sorry he has been woeful for the last 2 games. Apart from that goal he did absolutely nothing. Change in starting line-up coming I think.
    Sorry but I can't see how a hibs kids day would affect the players tbh

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Let's blame the kids then
    Did I say that, think my implication was that the players did not approach the day professionally and was questioning whether the kids day took focus away from the 3 points...

Never said kids fault

Won't someone please think of the children

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    That's the first I've heard that! I really doubt the players can lose a football game because kids are doing the announcing and playing on the pitch at HT.

We lost that game because we looked toothless in the final third and never took our chances. Bartley getting sent off also played a part. Not the Hibs Kids Matchday experience
    Last edited by hfc rd; 17-09-2016 at 05:50 PM.

Nothing unfathomable about today - it was a re run of what we've seen repeatedly over past 2 and a bit years.

Took ages to get served at the kiosk and my pie wasn't fit for human consumption. Burnt at the bottom and the crust was dry as a bone.

Nothing to do with kids but I thought I'd put it in here anyway.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Will someone please think of the children!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Nothing unfathomable about today - it was a re run of what we've seen repeatedly over past 2 and a bit years.
    This hits the nail right on the head.

Why don't they sell pizza slices in the west upper?

First Team Breakthrough WWFTWTG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Sorry but I can't see how a hibs kids day would affect the players tbh
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Why don't they sell pizza slices in the west upper?
    Is it because they don't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile? Or maybe the club are trying to encourage kids to go to other areas leaving the WU mainly for adults?

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    I hate bull**** bingo buzzwords like "match day experience" - but then Im an increasingly grumpy curmudgeon.

I pay to see a football match, with hopefully a raucous atmosphere, some decent attacking play, crunching tackles and a Hibs win. Anything else is froth.

As you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Is it because they don't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile? Or maybe the club are trying to encourage kids to go to other areas leaving the WU mainly for adults?

Who knows mate who knows

Was cheesy as and crap, hope they dont use the kids on the tannoys again. Did seem to take away a bit of the seriousness about the match.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar

What a lot of nonsense, why would the half time and pre match entertainment have any bearing on the performance at all?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Was cheesy as and crap, hope they dont use the kids on the tannoys again. Did seem to take away a bit of the seriousness about the match.
    That was my point, these kid takeover days should really be kept for friendlies or something. Just can't see many other clubs doing such a thing in an important league match. If I was a pro footballer it wouldn't effect my game but I can't help but think some of the poor performances were down to the general vibe - this was an important league match and it didn't feel like it.

I hope I'm wrong but with a team historically possible of dropping needless points then surely when a winning run is going you keep their match day experience the same - pre-match, warm up, etc. I would much rather that happened as I'd enjoy match day much better.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by #Persevere View Post
    What a lot of nonsense, why would the half time and pre match entertainment have any bearing on the performance at all?
    On a team notorious for dropping needless points? Not sure but we lost and let's be honest barely created a chance (25 yard shots with a wall of players in front don't count).

Why do some players want to kiss a lucky coin? Strange things out there...strange indeed. Does the coin have some bearing on them...

I guess we'll never know but what I witnessed today was a very poor performance.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I would say that it was 100% not the kids' fault that we lost today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    On a team notorious for dropping needless points? Not sure but we lost and let's be honest barely created a chance (25 yard shots with a wall of players in front don't count).

Why do some players want to kiss a lucky coin? Strange things out there...strange indeed. Does the coin have some bearing on them...

I guess we'll never know but what I witnessed today was a very poor performance.
    Aye it was rubbish, flat for the first half but in control until Bartley got sent off.

But I don't know how the blame can be placed anywhere but with the players. If they let kids distract them then they shouldn't be professionals.

Aye right. Ban the kids!!!

What a load of guff.

I said to my son today how great it was to see so many kids there today all decked out in green and white and that we are safe for generations.

Then some loonie comes on here and lays the blame at their door.

I really despair sometimes.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by #Persevere View Post
    Aye it was rubbish, flat for the first half but in control until Bartley got sent off.

But I don't know how the blame can be placed anywhere but with the players. If they let kids distract them then they shouldn't be professionals.
    I've made it clear not anybody but players fault but I'm worried at the training tempo we played at. I hope it wasn't complacency or the match day experience stuff but it was horrendously slow and purposeless. I don't know where such a performance came from...

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Aye right. Ban the kids!!!

What a load of guff.

I said to my son today how great it was to see so many kids there today all decked out in green and white and that we are safe for generations.

Then some loonie comes on here and lays the blame at their door.

I really despair sometimes.
    I think you are the loony or someone who cannot comprehend with efficiency...find me one sentence where I blame kids? I was suggesting that the Hibs kids takeover may have contributed to what seemed like a training/friendly vibe to the match which may have affected players performances (unprofessional). Pretty sure that isn't saying ban kids or anything of the sort and certainly not blaming them.

Blaming club and players. Players for not getting wins against opposition of that quality under any and all circumstances. Club also shouldn't organise the Hibs kids takeover during a league match, sorry. Happy for many kids to be there, more the merrier, the matchday takeover thing is something else though.

Think you'll also find we won't be safe for generations if we don't romp this league. Those kids won't stay kitted out if we stagnate in this league. Above all matchday is about winning at this level - people are paying good money to see their team play and win.

I despair sometimes as well, mainly with those that have a touchy temperament that emphasise topics and meanings to suit their own comment/cause. Add in some convincing hand movements and you could give Trump a run for his money!

Sorry to return a comment in kind but I was taught fight fire with fire. You could have raised your point more amicably.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Thought I'd seen it all on .net but this is a new low, blaming children for a hibs defeat. Mental.

Ffs, I tend to stay well clear of the mental threads but this one's such a topper I thought I'd get in on the action before it's locked