hibs.net Messageboard

Under 20's v St Mirren

1-0 to Hibs after 30 mins. No idea of team as neither St Mirren or Hibs Twitter are so far covering it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Had hoped to get down to this game but 6 ocloc kick off scuppered that Work got in the way

Finished 2-1 Hibs. Injury time winner.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finished 2-1 Hibs. Injury time winner.
    Thanks Hamish

2 wins and 2 draws from opening four games. Good statt

Harris got first and josh Campbell with winner

Very decent performance from the lads, should really have won much more comfortably.

Team was:

Laidlaw; Eardley (Donaldson); Crane; Porteus; Waugh; Martin; Harris; I Murray (Campbell); Shaw; Keatings and F Murray.

We led for much of the game, but Saints equalised in injury time. Laidlaw had come rushing out to clear a through ball and managed to get the ball to the half-way line, but Saints player picked it up and battered it in from a good 40 yards or so. Excellent controlled finish, despite the keeper's best efforts to get back and grab it.

Thankfully we then went up the pitch and grabbed a winner almost immediately. Great top corner finish from Josh Campbell from the edge of the box.

Neil Eardley (playing right back) looked a wee bit shaky early on I thought, but came onto a game. Put some tempting crosses into the box and organised the defence well.

A few good cutbacks from from Boozy Harris too, but no takers for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan M. View Post
    Very decent performance from the lads, should really have won much more comfortably.

Team was:

Laidlaw; Eardley (Donaldson); Crane; Porteus; Waugh; Martin; Harris; I Murray (Campbell); Shaw; Keatings and F Murray.

We led for much of the game, but Saints equalised in injury time. Laidlaw had come rushing out to clear a through ball and managed to get the ball to the half-way line, but Saints player picked it up and battered it in from a good 40 yards or so. Excellent controlled finish, despite the keeper's best efforts to get back and grab it.

Thankfully we then went up the pitch and grabbed a winner almost immediately. Great top corner finish from Josh Campbell from the edge of the box.

Neil Eardley (playing right back) looked a wee bit shaky early on I thought, but came onto a game. Put some tempting crosses into the box and organised the defence well.

Thanks for that

A late goal from Josh Campbell saw Hibs development team beat St Mirren 2-1 in Paisley tonight. Having dominated the first half Hibs went in 1-0 up threw an Alex Harris goal but it could have been 3 or 4 ,having hit the post twice and the bar once. The second half was a more even game but saying that Hibs never looked under any pressure until the final minute of normal time when a mistake from goalkeeper Ross Laidlaw let St Mirren score with their first shot on target.
    Hibs kicked of and when up the park and scored a cracking goal from sub Josh Campbell. So another win from the development team my MOM Fraser Murray who had an excellent game.
    Hibs had a trialis playing right back (Neil Eardley) did ok not a lot to do in the first half and was taken off after 75 mins.

Next game at home to Falkirk at the Oriam on the 20th September.

Great result, given that St Mirren have themselves had a very good start to the season!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan M. View Post

Team was:

He's on the bottle now? I KNEW that laddie was a badjin.