hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct.

Stubbs was actively looking for another job because he was told this was the end for him before the final.

Mans a legend, and I can safely add the word.. FACT to that. 😁👍🏼
    REALLY?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Correct.

Stubbs was actively looking for another job because he was told this was the end for him before the final.

Mans a legend, and I can safely add the word.. FACT to that.
    Correctly IMO. Last seasons league campaign was a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    But we did win the cup. I did see some of the best football I've ever seen hibs ever play. And I'm not a gentleman either.
    Alright love, no need to go on about it

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Correct.

Like Blackpoolhibs I'd also heard he was touting himself for jobs down south months before the final. Interesting that you heard he was told himself it was the end for him before the final Freddie. Was there a change of heart at Hibs end after the final because LD made it sound like we wanted him to stay when Rotherham came in for him ?

Fwiw I thank him for my best ever day as a Hibs fan, but I'm glad he's away.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Like Blackpoolhibs I'd also heard he was touting himself for jobs down south months before the final. Interesting that you heard he was told himself it was the end for him before the final Freddie. Was there a change of heart at Hibs end after the final because LD made it sound like we wanted him to stay when Rotherham came in for him ?

We wouldn't have been in a very strong negotiating position, compensation-wise, had we made out that we weren't. Plus, the club would have come over terribly had we been seen as really keen to jettison the manager who had just achieved what he had.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Unfortunately Stubbs's stint with Rotherham will probably end up the same it would have ended here eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    We wouldn't have been in a very strong negotiating position, compensation-wise, had we made out that we weren't. Plus, the club would have come over terribly had we been seen as really keen to jettison the manager who had just achieved what he had.
    I get what you are saying, just questioning if there had been a change of heart after the cup win, or whether we still wanted shot of him.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Correct.

Mans a legend, and I can safely add the word.. FACT to that. ������

That's an extremely strange choice from Hibs to do that before one of our biggest games in history..

I get what you are saying, just questioning if there had been a change of heart after the cup win, or whether we still wanted shot of him.
    I appreciate that man - I'm only just responding to that one bit, I have no idea if what has been speculated is true

I appreciate that man - I'm only just responding to that one bit, I have no idea if what has been speculated is true
    No worries, was more Freddie I was hoping would answer

No worries, was more Freddie I was hoping would answer
    Haha, I did totally butt in, likes - apologies

Correct.

That makes sense from Leanne's point of view. He was expected to get us promoted and didn't - he had to go. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Lennon was approached much sooner than thought. Great management by Leanne and she protected his reputation by never even hinting that he had to go. I like Stubbs and his delivery of the Cup makes him a true legend. I wish him all the luck in the world but Leanne with Lennon makes us stronger.

Haha, I did totally butt in, likes - apologies
    I didn't see it that way at all, no need to apologise.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    Would you still be saying that if we hadn't won the Scottish and we're still in the championship after this season???

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Another English club with serious delusions of grandeur. No doubt the chairman thinks they should be Premier League mainstays.

Some clubs, moreover owners, are in dire need of a reality check.

I didn't see it that way at all, no need to apologise.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I wonder if Dempster did not like the way he was conducting himself behind the scenes, as i said he actively pursued two jobs that i know about but was not successful at both, and both before the cup final?

Imagine if i'd said anything then, imagine the stick i'd have taken when it should have been him getting it?

Rotherham came in and he jumped at the job, surely not a job he'd have chosen given his stock had risen after the cup final?

What you say about him being told he was out the door makes sense, and why he took that job rather than waiting until a better one became available.

I think there's a few on here that think the posters who thought it was right Stubbs left, also think we didn't appreciate what he did whilst here. He took over a shambles and for me I didn't expect promotion in year 1, we were all over the place and stability was more important. Last season was fully his team, they were settled and playing good football but he still had traits from the season before and that was breaking down 10 men defences, our bad run which he couldn't stop but he managed to get us to the 2 cup finals against some good teams.

We all thank him for what he achieved by winning the holy grail but ultimately we didn't gain promotion, infact we failed again to even get to that final, plus there was external matters going on which made his job untenable.

Rotherham made an inquiry in November and Stubbs jump at the chance knowing they were still intersted, unfortunately it's the wrong club for his ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    REALLY?
    Yeah really. Unless there was another manager who led us to the SC that I've missed??

I think most of us know what was going on and a lot of behind the scenes stuff that will remain there made it almost impossible for Stubbs to stay another year!

He then started looking for other posts for when he finally left Hibs. Unlike BH I hadn't heard he was wanting to leave before the final I was under the impression no matter what Stubbs wasn't leaving until after. Not to say BH info isn't correct it may well have been the case I just hadn't heard that part.

2016.There's one of the best Hibs books in there. I'd call it simply 2016.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I think there's a few on here that think the posters who thought it was right Stubbs left, also think we didn't appreciate what he did whilst here. He took over a shambles and for me I didn't expect promotion in year 1, we were all over the place and stability was more important. Last season was fully his team, they were settled and playing good football but he still had traits from the season before and that was breaking down 10 men defences, our bad run which he couldn't stop but he managed to get us to the 2 cup finals against some good teams.

We all thank him for what he achieved by winning the holy grail but ultimately we didn't gain promotion, infact we failed again to even get to that final, plus there was external matters going on which made his job untenable.

Rotherham made an inquiry in November and Stubbs jump at the chance knowing they were still intersted, unfortunately it's the wrong club for his ambitions.
    what do you mean?

Coaching Staff
    I think most of us know what was going on and a lot of behind the scenes stuff that will remain there made it almost impossible for Stubbs to stay another year!

He then started looking for other posts for when he finally left Hibs. Unlike BH I hadn't heard he was wanting to leave before the final I was under the impression no matter what Stubbs wasn't leaving until after. Not to say BH info isn't correct it may well have been the case I just hadn't heard that part.
    He was told he was leaving by Hibs management before the final, irrespective of the result, no ifs buts or maybes.

It's amazing that we have so many posters who have the most intimate knowledge of what goes on in the innermost workings of our club.Forgive me if I take it all with a large pinch of salt.Signing Liam Henderson anybody?

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Stubbs was whoring himself all over the place down here before he did leave, he then took the first team to offer him a job.

Not the best move he's ever made, and will be out of a job by xmas.
    This

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    I asked a member of staff at east mains in April if he thought we would have Alan Stubbs for the forseeable future . His answer was if we go up he will be gone. If we dont go up he will be gone. I said I take it he is going then. I just got a look. I thought he was winding me up but apparently it was comon knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

Sorry to be thick (or have missed this in the thread completely) but what did you mean by this bit?
    Thanks in advance

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It's amazing that we have so many posters who have the most intimate knowledge of what goes on in the innermost workings of our club.Forgive me if I take it all with a large pinch of salt.Signing Liam Henderson anybody?
    And this.
    I work beside an interminable roaster (not poster) who quotes this site word for word, without ever acknowledging the credit. Make stuff up, it's on here, before long .......common knowledge.
    I immediately ask him to show me his stripes and promptly tell him to **** himself.

Doubting very much there are any posting on this thread lucky enough to have spoken to Alan Stubbs (or his back room team) in any context other than "Hiya Alan, Hiya Pal!" when he was probably wishing he was somewhere else. The day Hibs.net becomes common knowledge is the day Common Knowledge is waving a scarf above his head at East Mains or trundling off to wave another scarf somewhere else. I believe little I read about Hibs ( or any other clubs) on here. "That's football eh? Sometimes it happens sometimes it disnae". Baws to that.. And especially Baws to the player ratings tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    what do you mean?
    If I post the said rumour it will be deleted, someone earlier mentioned similar re leaving the club whatever happened in the final.
    Last edited by Mr White; 09-09-2016 at 08:38 PM.